• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Protesters Climb onto F/A-22 Raptor @ Oceana Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, but I'm still curious as to how the pilots didn't stop them somehow. In our SOP it says that pilots have to be at the aircraft at all times. Granted it'd be easy to be distracted, but still.

Really? I've been to many an airshow in my day and I can think of a bunch of static displays that weren't manned. Could it be an AF thing?

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Really? I've been to many an airshow in my day and I can think of a bunch of static displays that weren't manned. Could it be an AF thing?

Could just be a squadron thing. Each squadron publishes its own SOP, which could result in the differences.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
The F(not A)-22 was manned and cordoned off... but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a way to jump on a wing and scream like a little b!tch...

Either you get on there (and squorch wil choose not to have a problem), or you're forcibly stopped by a mean military fascist (in which case I'm sure squorch will have a big problem with that).

Either way, you win.

TurnandBurn55

None
Just out of curiosity... if a fighter plane is a "weapon of mass destruction"... do these liberal idiots believe that Bush was 100% correct in saying that Iraq had WMDs??

Hrmmm... again... excellent logic!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I counted about 10 (conservative estimate). Oh wait, I was actually there. Other signs included "Warmongering is a tragedy, not a cause for celebration" Nice.

You liberals are pathetic. If you spent half as much time and effort disassociating yourself from these radicals as you do making excuses for them...

Well, there's a reason why the only elections the Democrats have won since Vietnam began in earnest were ones where national security was NOT the foremost issue.

Calling a fellow officer pathetic, nice :rolleyes:. He was just stating the obvious, how the hell does that make him liberal? And how could he know there were more from the picture? Seriously, personal attacks are not going to get you far, especially ones with so much vitriol.

TurnandBurn55

None
Calling a fellow officer pathetic, nice :rolleyes:. He was just stating the obvious, how the hell does that make him liberal? And how could he know there were more from the picture?

Again, basic logic. What was your first reaction??

a) "Oh, there's only three people on the plane. Maybe if it were a few more, I'd decide to have a problem with it. Maybe"

b) "These people are an embarassment to those of us who choose to serve our country"

I'm sorry, but their behavior is inexcusable, and I'm amazed that anyone would actually quibble over the number who conduct themselves in this way.

The obvious isn't how many there are. The obvious is the stupidity of the people who do this.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
It's not really a first amendment issue... I was also at the show and I saw the big-ticket planes (-35, -22, -117) roped/barricaded off... so, not sure how they got up there, but they obviously went across a barrier, leading to a trespassing charge. Had they started showing their banner while just walking around, they maybe could have gotten away with it. Had they done it on the side of the road on the way into the base? Almost definitely - and more people would have seen it for a longer period of time, what with the traffic and all. With all that in mind, this seems more like a play for media coverage than a way to get your message to people in a smaller setting. Oh well, chalk one up for the crazies.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
You know what my first reaction was? A deep sigh. Not "damn hippies," not "I hope they break their necks..." It's more frustration than anything. You seem to be more offended by the mere presence of the protestors than their climbing on the aircraft... the protesting I don't consider their behavior inexcusable - they're adults in a public setting; they have the right to have their views known. There's no amendment dealing with the right to not be offended. The climbing on the aircraft will probably have legal implications that they, as adults, have chosen to deal with.

As for the number? Dude. It's a J-O-K-E (in line with thull's astute observation) and the least important part of this whole story/thread/discussion. Lighten up.

usmcecho4

pilot
I counted about 10 (conservative estimate). Oh wait, I was actually there. Other signs included "Warmongering is a tragedy, not a cause for celebration" Nice.

You liberals are pathetic. If you spent half as much time and effort disassociating yourself from these radicals as you do making excuses for them...

Well, there's a reason why the only elections the Democrats have won since Vietnam began in earnest were ones where national security was NOT the foremost issue.

Yes, it's a pity malcontents could interfere with the glorious military parade! They and their families should all be shot (or at the very least spied upon).
300px-Rkka.jpg

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
probably best that nothing happened to these people because it's the attention they crave. Had they been blown away by security, then it would just add fuel to their fires and inspire more of these kinds of military defimation. I think the more important issue is to stop the people who interefere with the funerals of our dead just to make a statement while ruining the memories of the families of the deceased. At the end of the day these bums are just going back to their homes to eat ben and jerry's and kick the hackey sack around.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
They could have at least taken their shoes off before they went stomping around up there. That's the problem with hippies they get everything dirty!

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I can get behind the amount of passion these people have, but not their ideals or logic. They aren't going to get many people to change their minds at a military airshow if you ask me.
It's like Dennis Leary's take on the warnings on cigarettes. Even if you made the whole pack the warning, how many smokers would just one day go buy a pack and say "Oh my God! You mean these things are BAD for you?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.