• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
Bump

Any news on this, just got back from a 10 month IA in Iraq so I haven't seen a lot of this chatter. I'd love to pull the AVGs out of the closet and put down the money to add a hinge-stripe so I can sport them back in the squadron.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As I understand it, they are good at least till December 2010 (final shift to NWU), and there are several individuals sending point papers up the CoC to save them or get them changed to Aviation Service Greens. Which makes infinitely more sense anyway.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
As I understand it, they are good at least till December 2010 (final shift to NWU), and there are several individuals sending point papers up the CoC to save them or get them changed to Aviation Service Greens. Which makes infinitely more sense anyway.

Thanks, I just spent about 3 hours reading the 20 pages or so of posts on this. Looks like some great legwork by MB and others to try and save them. I'll talk to my boss and see if he has any connections, I met CJCS while in Iraq, should've asked him about it. VP reunion is coming up here in Jax in April, there should be some brass there if anyone wants to raise the issue.

MasterBates

If you search message traffic, there is a way to write the uniform review board about the AWG effort.

I say, the more suggestions they get coming their way, the better chance they will act on it.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Also if you make it over to Pensacola anytime soon there is a flight doc who has a petition going. Trying to get as many signatures on it as possible.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you search message traffic, there is a way to write the uniform review board about the AWG effort.

I say, the more suggestions they get coming their way, the better chance they will act on it.

TFU Website

At the bottom of the page is a link to e-mail questions or comments to TFU. Flood them with requests from .mil accounts. Backs up any petitions, point papers, etc.

If you can't be bothered to send an e-mail, then you don't really care!

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
ADM Ferguson (Head of the Uniform Review Board) is supposed to come down to Pensacola soon. A mass AWG incidental encounter at the Club with an accompanying photo could be interesting...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ADM Ferguson (Head of the Uniform Review Board) is supposed to come down to Pensacola soon. A mass AWG incidental encounter at the Club with an accompanying photo could be interesting...

Now that's the best idea I've heard yet. Most of the time when the subject of AvGreens comes up with the heavies, the response is something along the lines of, "but nobody wears them anyway."

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot

Any idea how soon is soon?

Several folks are planning to get our AWGs "soon" as well. Hopefully our soon comes before his soon.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any idea how soon is soon?

Several folks are planning to get our AWGs "soon" as well. Hopefully our soon comes before his soon.
OK, Beans, you're viewing this thread. Status report! :)

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Abbott's was supposed to get back to me Friday. I'll harass them Monday.

And no love (i.e. no discounts or expediency) from the NEX.

MasterBates

Today when I went into work to check my email I had a nice surprise in my email.

A CAPT on a 3-star staff sent me an email asking if I had a white paper and such to give his boss. I am genning one up tonight. Any ideas or examples of "well written" white paper would be appreciated. I can get the format from the Navy correspondence manual (since I KNOW Brett is going to say "just read the manual") but I want to get a better idea for how they read.

The 100th anniversary of Naval Aviation may play into our favor for getting something else back as well..

mckenna%20on%20St%20Lo.jpg

Observe the cap closely as modeled by RADM (then CAPT) McKenna on the USS Midway's bridge in 1944.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Today when I went into work to check my email I had a nice surprise in my email.

A CAPT on a 3-star staff sent me an email asking if I had a white paper and such to give his boss. I am genning one up tonight. Any ideas or examples of "well written" white paper would be appreciated. I can get the format from the Navy correspondence manual (since I KNOW Brett is going to say "just read the manual") but I want to get a better idea for how they read.

The 100th anniversary of Naval Aviation may play into our favor for getting something else back as well..

mckenna%20on%20St%20Lo.jpg

Observe the cap closely as modeled by RADM (then CAPT) McKenna on the USS Midway's bridge in 1944.

Now don't get greedy. ;) The winged cover may be a bit of over reach. Good luck on the paper.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I wasn't the one asking for the winged cover. I was being told about it.
Well, then .... allow me to be the first (or second? or ten-thousandth?) to ask for it. :)

Traditions ... they're made of things that bind us and hold us together ... :):captain_1