• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was told not to ask ANY questions during the panel....
I see the NAVY ... more specifically that ol' "they" ... is still interested in fostering new ideas and encouraging an exchange of opinion up and down the chain of command. :sleep_125

Leadership and all ... :D

"They" told me not to do a 500 KIAS fan break at the stern w/ my division. Did it anyway ... :)

MasterBates

I asked "Is the 60R going to show up on time, or are we going to continue guys leaving fleet tours with less than 700 hours in model because the 60Bs are falling apart?"

But because the question was not screened by my XO, I got my ass chewed off, by both the XO and the Loop.

phrogpilot73

I asked "Is the 60R going to show up on time, or are we going to continue guys leaving fleet tours with less than 700 hours in model because the 60Bs are falling apart?"

But because the question was not screened by my XO, I got my ass chewed off, by both the XO and the Loop.
Seems like a valid question to me. I hate politics...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

OK, that was NHA. Are they screening questions at Hook, post '91 and all? The best part was calling out the elephants on the flag board. My retired Army O-6 father in law was at Hook for the flag board when some young dude asked about the Intruder re wing fiasco. He said the current situation was dangerous, compromised the mission to the point of suicide, would get guys killed, and said the guy that was responsible should be fired. Turns out the guy responsible was on the panel :eek:. I never heard of any blow back. BTW, my father in law was practically cheering the guy on. He thought the Army needed something like Hook. Please tell me they are are not screening/approving questions at Hook.

MasterBates

They are NOT screening at HOOK. My "you are NOT to ask anything" was from the DH level.

Ask a dumb question, become permanent RDO again.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They are NOT screening at HOOK. My "you are NOT to ask anything" was from the DH level.

Ask a dumb question, become permanent RDO again.

Excellent. BTW, I think you played that well. You have done enough on the AWG thing and spent too much time RDO.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Damn. Figured the penalty for a stupid question would just be an ass-chewing, not permanent crap duty.

SHAF

Idle for glory
pilot
Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for you awesome dedication to keeping the AWG's alive. A brief background on myself: I am a prior in STA-21 with 3 years left until commission and then I have a slot in flight school. I am a prior AM and AC2. Becoming a naval aviator and donning the AWGs is a dream I've had since I was about 10 yrs old. AWGs represent the core of naval aviation history and tradition. Some of the bravest aviators in history wore those and represented our nation in battle--I would be honored to wear them. Plus, they ARE pretty sexy. You gentlemen have more support than you know. Lots of us newbies are counting on you to keep the AWGs around for our generation.

Very Respectfully,
Phillip

PS, Special thanks to MB. Stay strong!

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Any further word on the AWG/ASG campaign? Not trying to be an annoyance, but I'm in A-pool, so I don't have much better to do than sit around all day worrying about my chances of getting to wear this uniform. That and drinking, obviously, but that goes without saying.

And MB, between this and the Kingsville/Cubi Cat...you're basically my hero. If there's anything a dumb, lowly ensign can do to help with either effort, I'd be glad to assist in any way possible.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Any further word on the AWG/ASG campaign? Not trying to be an annoyance, but I'm in A-pool, so I don't have much better to do than sit around all day worrying about my chances of getting to wear this uniform. That and drinking, obviously, but that goes without saying.

And MB, between this and the Kingsville/Cubi Cat...you're basically my hero. If there's anything a dumb, lowly ensign can do to help with either effort, I'd be glad to assist in any way possible.

+1 here

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just read the uniform components and I was surprised to see the "poor man's" AWG is not authorized, AKA wearing the leather jacket in place of the green coat. Is this just something that's pretty much ignored everywhere, such as the no green NOMEX jacket with khakis that I've seen?

MasterBates

Where the hell are you getting that? The copy of the Uniform Regs I have has the Leather Flight Jacket as an optional item. You aren't going to wear it at the same time as the green jacket.

MasterBates

Navy Uniform Regulations 6802.2b(2) said:
(2) Brown Leather Jacket. Naval aviators, pilots, flight officers, undergraduate pilots, NFOs, and flight surgeons, Aerospace Experimental Psychologists, and Aerospace Physiologists may wear the leather flight jacket with flight suits, Service Khaki, Working Khaki, Winter Blue, Winter Working Blue, Aviation Working Green and Navy blue coveralls.If wearing Avia­tion Working Green, the option is provided to wear either the leather flight jacket or the green uniform blouse. Eligible enlisted aircrewmen, E7-E9, are authorized to wear the leather flight jacket with flight suits, Service Khaki, Working Khaki, Winter Blue, Winter Working Blue, Avia­tion Working Green and Navy blue coveralls. Eligible enlisted aircrewmen E6 and below are authorized to wear the leather flight jacket with flight suits, Utilities, Winter Blue, Winter Working Blue and Navy blue coveralls. Only direct point to point transit is appropriate when the flight jacket is worn to and from work with working uniforms (excluding Navy blue coveralls, which may be worn in immediate working spaces only). Close zipper at least 3/4 of the way when worn. Management and control of leather flight jackets are outlined in <OPNAVINST 10126.4 series>.

Here it is.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor

Sounds like a similiar question I asked the P-3 Admiral......