• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It'd be worth a compare-contrast to Service Dress Khaki, since ADM Mullen seems determined to resurrect them. The question will be asked - since we have this new service-dress uniform, why do the aviators need a different one?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Concur with the paragraph before this statement. When it comes to the blue digis, I would make a quick statement about how the intent for wear of the blue digis does not fit the intent for wear of the AWG. Therefore, replacing them makes no sense. A statement of that nature can be used as a bridge to the "how to use" the AWG/ASG uniform.

It'd be worth a compare-contrast to Service Dress Khaki, since ADM Mullen seems determined to resurrect them. The question will be asked - since we have this new service-dress uniform, why do the aviators need a different one?

I think that making the point that the blue digi's really don't replace the Greens and tying them to Service Dress Khaki's are great ideas. How you had it was a bit harsh, but including something for both is a good idea.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Of all the branches of the armed services the Naval Service by far has strongest sense of tradition.

Shouldn't there be a 'the' in there between has and strongest?

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Edited for structure only, since I have no clue about content.

To be frank, the Navy Working Uniform Blue Digital Camouflage is not an equivalent to Aviation Working Greens. One is utilitarian, and the other is a suit with a tie. (I would remove "to be frank", which is too casual for a formal write up.)

The rest of the components are part of other common uniforms shared with the Service Dress Blue uniform or Service Dress Khaki uniform. ("Shared with" creates a weird gramatic set up. As written, the phrase seems to refer to "common uniforms" when I beleive it is supposed to refer to the components. "The remaining compenents are all part of either the SDB or the SDK uniforms," is much more clear.)

To facilitate making the uniform more acceptable in joint and non-aviation commands, an easy change to the uniform regulations allowing wearing of the uniform as Aviation Service Green would have no additional cost. (Changing the uniform [or, "Simpley changing the iniform..."] regulations to allow the uniform to be worn as Aviation Service Green, would make the uniform more acceptable in joint and non-aviation commands whiel creating no additional cost.)

By the addition of ribbons, and wearing the uniform as Aviation Service Green, it would expand the occasions that Aviation Greens are suitable for when a more formal uniform is desired. (Since I don't fully understand this sentence, it's tough to edit. Does the adding of the ribbons make the uniform ASG or are those 2 unrelated things? Regardless, as written, the "it" that follows the comma has no clear anticedent. If it keeps your intended meaning, "Adding ribbons and wearing the uniform as ASG would expand the occasions.... Even with that change, this sentence is still pretty rough and difficult to understand though.)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check out the September issue of Proceedings. The AWGs article is in the "Nobody Asked Me, But" section. Nice Work MB!!!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Now you can put,"had professional article published in Proceedings," in your inputs to your RS for your next fitrep!

MasterBates

Next 2-3 FITREPS = NOB.

Had a bunch of guys come up to me at HOOK and ask about the effort. Hopefully the Proceedings article is high enough visibility that it helps.

ltdann

CoNA
Got the full set

I even have the combo cover for the AWG. With the bullion wings. I have those on my SDBs as well.

MasterBates

The embroidered wings are nice. I hardly ever use them (summer unis here 10 months out of the year) but they look sharp.

Since many have asked, I still have not heard anything out of the Uniform Review Board that was a month ago, either via personal communication from higher, official channels or message traffic.

If anyone hears anything, let me know.

Renegade One

None
Next 2-3 FITREPS = NOB.

Had a bunch of guys come up to me at HOOK and ask about the effort. Hopefully the Proceedings article is high enough visibility that it helps.

MB: If you were there, why didn't you ask the Flag Panel for their thoughts? Would have been a good forum, since so many copies of the magazine with your article were laying on the chairs in the ballroom...

'Twas always my...and more importantly, perhaps...my wife's (Navy Nurse when we met) uniform. I certainly vote for your proposed "upgrade" to Aviation Service Greens...with or without the green coat, which would make it the exact parallel of the USMC's Service Green ALPHA's (with coat) and BRAVOs (identical to the ALPHAs except with the coat removed; ribbons may be worn on the shirt).

Anyway...nice campaign and nice article. Good luck with this.

MasterBates

I was told not to ask ANY questions during the panel. Apparently my question that got me an ass chewing at NHA a few years back is still known.