• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Osprey?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
That's why I asked the question, guys .... inquiring minds and all. I'm still not "sold" ... I read other stuff, too --- much of it critical. But I respect the perspective of knowledgeable people and especially .... (Phrog) .... operators. But the -46 ??? 1950's and early 1960's design (?) ... I'm quite sure the -22 would be "impressive" by comparison.

How about combat?? The crucible. That's where it counts ... Generals and Congressmen won't be flyin' it .... into a hot LZ.

Thanks 'Joe and 'Phrog --- seriously --- some people on this forum think if you ask a question or offer a different opinion --- you are "arguing". That's not the case, I assure you. Why am I even saying this .... ???

I appreciate your illumination.

17568fon.jpg
Wishes.jpg
bluff1.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
That's why I asked the question, guys .... inquiring minds and all. I'm still not "sold" ... I read other stuff, too --- much of it critical. But I respect the perspective of knowledgeable people and especially .... (Phrog) .... operators.

Thanks 'Joe and 'Phrog --- I appreciate your illumination.

17568fon.jpg
Wishes.jpg
bluff1.jpg

We can hash it out over that drink at Duke's

Crowbar

None
Not a dig at you, Joe. Just a comment on the horrible, horrible 'work' done by whoever made that picture.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Not a dig at you, Joe. Just a comment on the horrible, horrible 'work' done by whoever made that picture.

Are you referring to the paintscheme?

Crowbar

None
Am I the only one who thinks the Osprey on the deck is fake? I'm not talking about the paint scheme. I'm talking about having the whole aircraft (and yellow shirts and blue shirts) airbrushed onto a different picture.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crowbar said:
Am I the only one who thinks the Osprey on the deck is fake? I'm not talking about the paint scheme. I'm talking about having the whole aircraft (and yellow shirts and blue shirts) airbrushed onto a different picture.

It is real as they come. Straight from PH3 on Wasp. I don't "deal" in photoshopped images (unless needed to reduce size for posting).

Crowbar

None
I believe the aircraft is real. I believe the ship is real. I believe the men on the flight deck are real. I just don't think they all occupied that same space at that same time on that same day in history.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, believe what you want then. I'm not going to the trouble of getting the PH3 that shot it to testify that it wasn't "doctored". First off, for the source wher eit came from, it simply isn't allowed and it is an official Navy photo from a trusted source, not something off someone's PC. I am a photographer and have tens of thousands of photos to my credit so I'd be the first to cry foul. The new paintscheme is surreal looking...I'll couldn't stop looking at it when I first saw it at Pax. The shots of F-22 in same paint over Ft Monroe have same surreal look by the way. Hope it's easier to keep clean.

Taken a few minutes later after dash 2 had landed....nobody is that good and airbrush wouldn't have been the technique used anyway.

Crowbar

None
Overall it just looks (to me) doctored. Check under the right engine nacelle. I can't find any visible exhaust, which can be seen under the left nacelle and under both engines on the approaching Osprey.

KBayDog

Alright, Crowbar, you've got me nearly convinced...

What is the red pad on which the starboard rear wheel is sitting?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KBayDog said:
What is the red pad on which the starboard rear wheel is sitting?
It's called a wheel chock. I've even known some with two arms, one head, and two legs over the years ... :)