• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

pilotX

Alright, I'm in there for November. Best of luck to everyone, now it's back to the waiting game.

19/m
BDCP sna only
4.0 Embry-Riddle in professional aeronautics (whatever that is)
8/8/9 56

LOR: 2 coaches and a Marine 0-3
(Probably should have gotten a few more)

Extra Stuff: 1 year AFROTC, worked as a flight instructor last summer.
700+ hours flight time. SEL/MEL comm instrument, CFI

cdb26

I just took the OAR today and did fairly well - 65. At this point, all of my paperwork is complete (SF86, 3 DD370s, Application, transcripts, motivational statement, resume). Does anyone know when the board next meets for Intel? I hear January, but wasn't 100% sure. Also, is there anything further that is required besides the above mentioned paperwork and interviews? Thanks.

kitemen

Took the ASTB this morning for the first time got a 53 6/7/6. The bad news, im not going to make it to the November board. I have to wait till January ;(

m26

Contributor
Does anyone know when the board next meets for Intel? I hear January, but wasn't 100% sure.

This is what my processor said, and seems to be the consensus online, for whatever that's worth.

Scruff

None
Contributor
Just finished my package today. I'm for sure in on the Nov. board. Thanks to all for the help thus far.

blarged

ready
Just finished my package today. I'm for sure in on the Nov. board. Thanks to all for the help thus far.

Getting kind of close to November to be so confident. I hope you are right, but I suggest you not let yourself fall in love completely with the idea of being in November boards.

rob3084

I'm in for November

Hey everyone,

I got my application squared-away today. Details:

25/M
3.58 GPA
Political Science
7/7/7 55 ATSB

Applying SNA/SNFO

Extra-curricular activities: swimming team (captain), swimming coach, private pilot license.

LORs: Navy O-6, Navy O-5, former boss, current boss.

Good luck to everyone! This gives me yet another reason to look forward to Thanksgiving.

Scruff

None
Contributor
Getting kind of close to November to be so confident. I hope you are right, but I suggest you not let yourself fall in love completely with the idea of being in November boards.

Yeah, I've read some disaster stories on here about people not being seen at boards they thought they'd be in. But I spent 3 hours today at the recruiter's office and myself/recrutier/processor double checked everything and finished it up. I asked if i needed to mail or overnight the package and he said no I am going to submit it now.

But yeah man, I hope I'm not one to make an example out of. I've had some things go wrong before. I definitely believe they can go wrong again.

casselj

Pro Rec SWO
I'm in for November after thinking I was in for October, getting rec pro x'd and then having my OR fix it for me...for the second time.

23/m
Non prior
Non-select in May and July of 2009
Applying for: SWO only

ASTB- 53 5/5/5 (after retake, 1st time was 49)
GPA- 3.82 BA in Spanish and International Trade from the University of Alabama in Huntsville

LORs- USA O-9 (retired), USN Reserve O-5, two professors, current employer, high school teacher/family friend
Interview- O-5 XO of local NROTC unit, all 10's/outstandings, O-6 CO of NROTC unit all 10´s/outstandings. Both interviewers were with SWOs.

Extra curriculars- Captain of high school soccer and water polo teams, associate editor of school newspaper, officer in several clubs, co-founded local friendly soccer league, worked 30+ hours all throughout college, currently volunteer 20 hrs./week at a hospital, etc.

3rd time is a charm?

sanchagrins

Yeah, I've read some disaster stories on here about people not being seen at boards they thought they'd be in. But I spent 3 hours today at the recruiter's office and myself/recrutier/processor double checked everything and finished it up. I asked if i needed to mail or overnight the package and he said no I am going to submit it now.

But yeah man, I hope I'm not one to make an example out of. I've had some things go wrong before. I definitely believe they can go wrong again.

Well I'm in the same boat as you! I had almost everything good to go a week ago, just had to sign an updated version of my application(after my ASTB retest 59 7/7/6). Long story short FedEx'ing the pages to sign back and forth between the NRD took a little longer than expected and my package got submitted yesterday morning. It's going to suck if we have to wait until the January boards, but I guess at this point there is nothing we can do about it. Good Luck!

On a side note, tomorrow is my MEPS day....... I hope it goes well!I'm a little nervous about the vision testing. I've done countless color test online and I can see magic eyes, so I'm hoping that the MEPS people don't try to tell me I'm color blind/lack depth perception just because I'm nervous. I assume eveything else should be fine.

Aerolee

Hey guys looks like I'm in the November Boards also,

My Packet:

23/M
3.24 GPA
Aeronautical Management B.S. from Arizona State
8/9/8 60 ATSB

SNA only

Extra's-College Fraternity. In highschool played football, baseball, and wrestled, captain both football and wrestling team.

LORs: Navy O-3, O-1, Last 3 Employers.

Commercial Pilot and CFI, CFII, MEI with 1,400 hours

Negative- Underage drinking misdemeanor 3 years ago in Arizona

Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys at OCS.