• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

sanchagrins

Crap! Turns out I won't be going to MEPS tomorrow after all. The doctor that initially reviewed my application for MEPS overlooked a medication I took 7 years ago(for like two months) that requires a waiver. I'm going to have to wait like three weeks now. Oh well, c'est la vi.

grahaab

From start to finish, how long did it take most of you to get your OCS info together? I have filled out the MEPS forms, but that's it so far.

Graduated Auburn Univ, May 08, 24/M, BSBA Pro Flight Major, SEL/MEL Comm Instrument, 3.7GPA, LOR's and Extracurriculars no worries. I took an office job and it just isn't working out. I won't just up and quit it but also need to find time to start getting this stuff together. Thanks.
Good luck to you guys who are up.

casselj

Pro Rec SWO
From start to finish, how long did it take most of you to get your OCS info together? I have filled out the MEPS forms, but that's it so far.

From my experience, how long it takes you to put together all your stuff has largely to do with two things.

1. How motivated you are
2. How motivated your OR is about your application

#1 Definitely plays a much bigger part though. In my case, from the moment I first spoke to an OR to the day I submitted, it was about 6 weeks. Some take less, and some can take the better part of a year. Best time to start is now though!

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Crap! Turns out I won't be going to MEPS tomorrow after all. The doctor that initially reviewed my application for MEPS overlooked a medication I took 7 years ago(for like two months) that requires a waiver. I'm going to have to wait like three weeks now. Oh well, c'est la vi.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...

MEPS is the devil. :icon_rage

cdb26

Important Question

To anyone out there who can provide some insight...

I'm applying for Intel and have very good credentials, scored a 65 on the OAR. Regardless, I happen to have a big skeleton hanging around my closet - back over 6 yrs ago, was arrested for dui. Charges were dropped and my record was 'expunged' ahortly thereafter. Have an impeccable record before the incident and have an even cleaner one since. Would anyone know if this will impeded my chances? Thanks everyone!

lw016591

Just Submitted for November Board

26m
swo, supply
OAR 42 (Will retake if not selected first time)
2.9 gpa Electronics and Computer Information Systems

Recruiter says I should be able to get into SWO with my numbers, I'm debating on taking the OAR early nov.

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
19/m
BDCP sna only
4.0 Embry-Riddle in professional aeronautics (whatever that is)
8/8/9 56

Extra Stuff: 1 year AFROTC, worked as a flight instructor last summer.
700+ hours flight time. SEL/MEL comm instrument, CFI

Can anyone say shoe-in?

Good luck to you and the rest of us who actually need it! :icon_smil

ClutchS306

First Time Applicant
24/M - Apply SWO/SWO-IW/Supply sent in Sept. 21st Nov Board!

ASTB - 53 5/5/6

College - University of North Carolina at Charlotte, BA in CJ, 2.4 GPA; Minor Mathematics

LOR - 3 Employers, FBI Head Electronic Engineer, Retired Navy MCEM, Retired Marine Sergent, School Advisor, Current O-1 Army.

Volunteering - Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout; Church Youth Group

Sports - 4 yr highschool lettered in Swimming, Captain Jr & Sr year; College Swim Club 3 yrs; Summer Swim League - 11 yrs; Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid Certified.

Haymaker

Pro Rec SNA
Haven't received the final word that my app was submitted but I had everything in on time so I should be good for the Nov. boards.

SNA Only
22/M
9/9/8/59

Southeastern Oklahoma State Univ. - B.S. Aviation Science (Professional Pilot)
GPA - 3.25
Commercial, Instrument, CFI - 265TT

4 LOR's - 2 Air Force 0-3's and one from SOSU's Chief Flight instructor

Extras - SOSU Flight Team, Alpha Eta Rho (Aviation Fraternity), Captain of High School football team (Don't know if it helps but it can't hurt I suppose), ground and air instructor for junior flight team members and a couple volunteer activities.

Good luck to everyone. Not looking forward to the wait but I can't wait 'till the results come rolling in.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
To anyone out there who can provide some insight...

I'm applying for Intel and have very good credentials, scored a 65 on the OAR. Regardless, I happen to have a big skeleton hanging around my closet - back over 6 yrs ago, was arrested for dui. Charges were dropped and my record was 'expunged' ahortly thereafter. Have an impeccable record before the incident and have an even cleaner one since. Would anyone know if this will impeded my chances? Thanks everyone!

Check your PM

Rass

November is finally here. I'm currious if they will meet on the 15th or 20th. Anybody got an idea?

SWOHopeful

Just food for thought, but if the boards do meet on the 20th do not count on having the results until the end of November/beginning of December with Thanksgiving being right there.