• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

kidday03

I'll be applying for Intel, NFO, and SWO. Good luck on your ASTB, by the way. I'm sure you'll do fine. It really isn't as treacherous as most think. Having a superfluity of knowledge in aviation terminology and a bit of meteorology will go a long way. Thats where I was taken down a peg or two.

Thanks! I'm sweating it BIG time. I think everyone feels that way until it's over with. Good luck to you too. Hopefully there will more selectee's than there has been lately!

trombone

Hello all

I too am submitting for the Nov. boards. Seems like we have some strong candidates in this room. Hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in Newport in the next few months.

23/m

Miami of Ohio 09
BA - Political Science
BM - Music Performance (boomdiggity)
2.9GPA (yeah...)

5/6/6 52 ASTB

Extracurriculars and LOR's to accommodate.

I'm curious about the pool of candidates for these next few boards. I'm hoping that the volume won't be as sizable as the past few months now that fall semester has begun.

Out of curiosity, anyone else from Michigan? (Ann Arbor)

"The Dude abides"

A BM? What's your weapon of choice?

AztecLax02

Hope the new fiscal year will open up a few more pilot slots for the Novemeber boards...

24/M

SNA/NFO/SWO

7/8/8 55

San Diego State - B.S. Business Administration
GPA 3.35

Strong LOR's: O-5 Navy Pilot, O-6 Navy SEAL, SDSU Professor, SDSU Head Coach, 3 Past Employers

Extracurriculars: College Lacrosse, Fraternity, Student Gov't, Assistant Coach for Varsity High School Lacrosse Team, Student Pilot Certificate (3.3 Hours), etc.

MEPS Physical Complete - Cleared with No Waivers Needed

PRT is my last piece of the application puzzle, shouldn't have any problems with it. Waiting to hear back from the board is going to be the toughest part of the whole process.

TheDude86

A BM? What's your weapon of choice?

My primary instrument is trumpet, but I play a good deal of piano as well (and almost all of the brass family). I can play the woodwinds, but I don't know the fingerings. I can't play the flute though, not that I give a damn; I fucking hate flutes.

sanchagrins

I should be in for the November boards as well:

24/m

BS Applied Geography/GIS, East Carolina University
Magna Cum Laude
GPA: 3.74
Outstanding Senior Award
Worked every semester of undergrad.

Current Master student in Applied Geography/GIS, East Carolina University
GPA: 4.0
Currently full time state employee

48 5/5/4 (retaking on Tuesday...)

LOR: O-5 Air Force Pilot(retired), Department Chair, previous employers

Interview: O-6 Navy SWO & head of JROTC

Club Officer, intramural sports, high school varsity sports, cadet commander Civil Air Patrol(don't hate!), Scuba Instructor trainer(trained or certified over 200 students, and certified 3 SCUBA instructors to date), Technical diver(advanced nitrox, decompression procedures, trimix), First Aid/CPR Instructor.

Good luck everyone! Now comes the hardest part of the application process....the wait!

collegederek

23/m

sna

3.04 aviation flight science western michigan university
252 hrs logged mel commercial certificate instrument rating

6/7/6 57 astb

this will be my second try on a non select a year ago, fingers crossed. what do you think?

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
23/m

sna

3.04 aviation flight science western michigan university
252 hrs logged mel commercial certificate instrument rating

6/7/6 57 astb

this will be my second try on a non select a year ago, fingers crossed. what do you think?

Whats the rest of your stuff look like? Any volunteering, extracurriculars, etc?

kidday03

I should be in for the November boards as well:

24/m

BS Applied Geography/GIS, East Carolina University
Magna Cum Laude
GPA: 3.74
Outstanding Senior Award
Worked every semester of undergrad.

Current Master student in Applied Geography/GIS, East Carolina University
GPA: 4.0
Currently full time state employee

48 5/5/4 (retaking on Tuesday...)

LOR: O-5 Air Force Pilot(retired), Department Chair, previous employers

Interview: O-6 Navy SWO & head of JROTC

Club Officer, intramural sports, high school varsity sports, cadet commander Civil Air Patrol(don't hate!), Scuba Instructor trainer(trained or certified over 200 students, and certified 3 SCUBA instructors to date), Technical diver(advanced nitrox, decompression procedures, trimix), First Aid/CPR Instructor.

Good luck everyone! Now comes the hardest part of the application process....the wait!

What are you applying for, SWO?

collegederek

Whats the rest of your stuff look like? Any volunteering, extracurriculars, etc?

fraternity executive board positions, captain of hs wrestling team, held a job all through college, member of campus crusade for christ for a year, nothing spectacular. I kinda think its all about gpa and test scores anyway though, at least thats what my recruiter told me is why i didn't get picked up the first time cause i had a 2.8 and my astb was a 5/6/5 and a 47.

Scruff

None
Contributor
If everything gets to Millington in time, I'll be in the Nov. group.

25/M
SNA only
6/7/6 53
3.21 gpa

Good:
Outstanding High PRT
0-6 Interview
LORs: 0-6 AF MP, 0-4 AF pilot, E-7 Navy, W-3 Army, 1 Previous Employer
Golden Gloves Boxer, Wrestling Captain (HS), various other sports

Bad:
1 arrest that wasn't my fault. Expunged.
No Flight Hours

cdb26

I'm slated to take the OAR on the 19th

29/M
Yale '02
4-yr Varsity Letter Winner in Swimming
3.55 GPA in History

Fordham Law School '05

4 yrs work experience as an attorney

I'm looking to get into Intel...anyone on this thread have advice. How competitive are we looking? What would be a respectable OAR score?

sanchagrins

I'm slated to take the OAR on the 19th

29/M
Yale '02
4-yr Varsity Letter Winner in Swimming
3.55 GPA in History

Fordham Law School '05

4 yrs work experience as an attorney

I'm looking to get into Intel...anyone on this thread have advice. How competitive are we looking? What would be a respectable OAR score?

Intel is one of the more competitive programs. According to the Navy-Officer.com blog the stats for Intel for the month of June 2009 are as follows:

11 recommended
4 were from the fleet
91 Total applications
12% acceptance

Having a strong academic background/extracurricular activities will certainly help.

Also Intel requires a pristine background from what I can tell. I'm not applying for Intel so much of my information is second hand.

NOMI lists the average OAR score as 50, and judging on how competitive it is, the higher the better.

I guess you aren't interested in practicing Law for the Navy?

Good Luck!