• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next step Skynet....Manned vs Unmanned Aviation

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Well, agreed, but get it right, it's Günther. Gotta get the letter u right.

Sorry, my skills aren't rad enough yet to make that ü thingy with my computer.

WishICouldFly said:
...and when the kids playing beat the game, a board of generals and admirals will come out and congratulate them on winning the war (ala Ender's Game :-D)

Wouldn't be shocked. "Ender" would be a pretty awesome callsign though...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry, my skills aren't rad enough yet to make that ü thingy with my computer.

You got it now...it's not a computer keyboard trick per se, it's simple cut and paste like you just did

skidz

adrenaline junky
U-umlaut, appears in the German alphabet. Thanks again, Wikipedia!
Close, but good. Wiki sucks. The umlauts above the letter simulate a slightly different sound for the letter. ü can also be spelt "ue" when the umlauts are not available. They aren't separate letters in the alphabet, but more of a variation of a letter of the alphabet.

ÄäÖöÜüß

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
Close, but good. Wiki sucks. The umlauts above the letter simulate a slightly different sound for the letter. ü can also be spelt "ue" when the umlauts are not available. They aren't separate letters in the alphabet, but more of a variation of a letter of the alphabet.

ÄäÖöÜüß

Stop! My brain hurts. It's summer - no education allowed. My mind needs to recover from a painful academic year. :D

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Despite my 3 years of German in high school, how to type umlauts is still beyond me and will likey stay that way. I've now had my grammar corrected in 2 languages on this forum though. Time to learn spanish I guess.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Despite my 3 years of German in high school, how to type umlauts is still beyond me and will likey stay that way. I've now had my grammar corrected in 2 languages on this forum though. Time to learn spanish I guess.

Si espanol es muy importante en San Diego tambien.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Despite my 3 years of German in high school, how to type umlauts is still beyond me ...

[SIZE=-1]Mäuse (or Maus, if you prefer) :)

[/SIZE]
mausqa4.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Despite my 3 years of German in high school, how to type umlauts is still beyond me and will likey stay that way. ...

Actually ... try this:

First determine what font you're using, then do this:
  1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools and click Character Map or on Vista click Start and type charmap in the Search box.
  2. Select the font in the drop-down box at the top.
  3. Scroll through the symbols to find the one you want to use (for example: ©).
You can double click the character and click Copy, then paste it into your document. But a faster way if you're going to use the same characters often is to note and memorize the keystroke shown in the lower right corner (for example, ALT+0169 for the Copyright symbol). Then when you want to insert that character in the future, just type the keystroke combination instead of going to the Character Map. Note that some characters are not available in some fonts. Note that this procedure works for most applications, not just email.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Actually ... try this:

First determine what font you're using, then do this:
  1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools and click Character Map or on Vista click Start and type charmap in the Search box.
  2. Select the font in the drop-down box at the top.
  3. Scroll through the symbols to find the one you want to use (for example: ©).
You can double click the character and click Copy, then paste it into your document. But a faster way if you're going to use the same characters often is to note and memorize the keystroke shown in the lower right corner (for example, ALT+0169 for the Copyright symbol). Then when you want to insert that character in the future, just type the keystroke combination instead of going to the Character Map. Note that some characters are not available in some fonts. Note that this procedure works for most applications, not just email.

For someone who is a "MEAN 'OL HAO'LE MAN" you sure know a lot about puters.