• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

MagicMagic

This was my fourth and last time I think it might be our age. I will be 31 in two months but had an approved age waiver. I am a MA1 as well, this will be my second time up for Chief. Congrats to all who have made it too!
Are there any possibilities for age waivers past 24 months? Have you barked up that tree?

Jetnerd1123

Just checked the website and they close at 5 anyway. I guess no news isn't exactly bad news right? I guess some NRDs get the news faster then others
Exactly. Keep your head up high. I'm sure something will come down soon. I think it really depends on how connected your recruiter is.

I have a friend who is a FISTER in the Army; he always says, "In the military, no news is good news."

Russ300

Are there any possibilities for age waivers past 24 months? Have you barked up that tree?
No they came out with a new program authorization not to long ago. Have to be commissioned prior to your 31st birthday. I already had a waiver. I also was denied an age waiver twice by supply when I was 29 and 30. The age waivers are only for active duty or those who served and up to 24 months like you said.

exNavyOffRec

This was my fourth and last time I think it might be our age. I will be 31 in two months but had an approved age waiver. I am a MA1 as well, this will be my second time up for Chief. Congrats to all who have made it too!

your age is why you have rec'd a "N", there is no way you would have been commissioned by age 31 and that is the max age waiver allowed.

exNavyOffRec

No they came out with a new program authorization not to long ago. Have to be commissioned prior to your 31st birthday. I already had a waiver. I also was denied an age waiver twice by supply when I was 29 and 30. The age waivers are only for active duty or those who served and up to 24 months like you said.

The PA did not change the max age or waiver, it just changed the GPA and OAR score for Supply, the Supply age change was effectively put in place several years ago by them denying waivers left and right, they made it official in the last PA change.

Subhunter116

SubHunter116
I received the Y today. My question is about the FINSEL. I had to complete the commissioning physical as part of the kit and I received a Physically Qualified letter back shortly after kit submission. How often do people not get the second Y, and if I was already deemed PQ for commissioning do I have anything to stress over about the FINSEL?

Russ300

your age is why you have rec'd a "N", there is no way you would have been commissioned by age 31 and that is the max age waiver allowed.
Yeah that's what I thought as well. I asked one of the fleet processors in November would that be a problem and they told me no. I submitted the first week of November hoping to board December in Rhode island by January commission by April. Had to try one last time. Still in my window for LDO and msc ipp.