• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
Rolling boards occur every 90-120 days from the previous board. Sometimes the board selection list will announce when the next board occurs. This has been beaten down and mentioned countless times on here.

Thanks. I understand the 90-120 day layover between boards, I only ask because my OR had told me that this February board would be the last for this fiscal year.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks. I understand the 90-120 day layover between boards, I only ask because my OR had told me that this February board would be the last for this fiscal year.

I think I get what he is saying, if the board occurs in Feb, then go 4 months out that is June, that means those picked in the June board would be FY 16 selections as that is the FY they would be commissioned in.

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
I think I get what he is saying, if the board occurs in Feb, then go 4 months out that is June, that means those picked in the June board would be FY 16 selections as that is the FY they would be commissioned in.

That could be it, but he explicitly told me that if I didn't make this February board I would have to wait until October to apply. However, this is the same OR who told me that his chain of command was getting orders from NRC to only take applications from more ethnically diverse applicants and that he couldn't push my application through to this February board. On the day I was ready to drive from where I'm at in rural AZ down to Phoenix to pickup my completed kit and drive it out to the OR in San Diego's desk, he found a way to "fight" the instructions he had been given and get me through for February (or at least attempt to, now it's looking like I will miss it because of the diversity hangup).

I really don't mean to ask one asinine question after the other, but with the amount of bad information I am getting from my OR, I'm left with the option of taking his word on things and possibly aging out, missing boards, etc., or get reliable and consistent information from the two of you (@RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec) to make informed decisions. Without your guys' advice I would have taken his word for the diversity goal issue, never spoken with San Diego, and I'd be waiting all the way until October for no reason. I really appreciate your guys' help.

banjosquirrel

Great information from everyone. I am about confused about what it means for SWO to be a rolling board, however, if there is a deadline.

I've officially got all of my stuff sent into my recruiter, although he's training or something this week so I'm guessing he won't submit the kit until next week.

exNavyOffRec

I know an AMDO that sent hers in Dec 2013 via mail and was selected that cycle.

she was lucky, better off to do it the way they want, that way you also get immediate confirmation it was rec'd.

I lost track of how many enlisted I check for here that were never on the board list and were not in CIRIMS, and they mailed their kits.

CuBs2105

she was lucky, better off to do it the way they want, that way you also get immediate confirmation it was rec'd.

I lost track of how many enlisted I check for here that were never on the board list and were not in CIRIMS, and they mailed their kits.
I don't doubt it.

I hope some of her luck transfers to me for this board.

mz247

Am I the only one who still hasn't gotten news about the date from my recruiter?

Shame, well goodluck everyone!