• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

For those who have been interviewed, how should I prepare? Is it your typical "Why Navy, why this community, how have you lead in the past?" sort of deal?

exNavyOffRec

If a board only takes 3-5 minutes on my application is it safe to assume that letters of rec and my motivational statement are things will be just briefly skimmed over and don't hold much if any weight?

pretty much when it comes to aviation, yes you are correct.

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
For those who have been interviewed, how should I prepare? Is it your typical "Why Navy, why this community, how have you lead in the past?" sort of deal?
If you are doing an Interview, each one is different. They are given a rubric to grade you and they are given a process to go about that. For instance they need to determine if they want you in the Navy and/or in their designation/under their command someday. I was asked "Why, Navy?" "What does your older brother and little brother do for a living and what are their goals?" Then the Captain that interviewed me gave me two ethical dilemmas and asked me what I would do. Then he'd change or add something to the situation and ask about that. But he said he only asked that stuff because he cares more about someone's integrity than why they want to fly (although that was also important to him).

I would say there really is no way to study except to know why you want to join, why you want to go a specific designation, and be ready to answer any curve-ball question. Be relaxed if the atmosphere is such and be upfront and vocal and honest.

But that's my 2 cents.

bluehens15

If you are doing an Interview, each one is different. They are given a rubric to grade you and they are given a process to go about that. For instance they need to determine if they want you in the Navy and/or in their designation/under their command someday. I was asked "Why, Navy?" "What does your older brother and little brother do for a living and what are their goals?" Then the Captain that interviewed me gave me two ethical dilemmas and asked me what I would do. Then he'd change or add something to the situation and ask about that. But he said he only asked that stuff because he cares more about someone's integrity than why they want to fly (although that was also important to him).

I would say there really is no way to study except to know why you want to join, why you want to go a specific designation, and be ready to answer any curve-ball question. Be relaxed if the atmosphere is such and be upfront and vocal and honest.

But that's my 2 cents.
Couldn't agree more. When you're interviewing, whoever is doing it is going to be able to tell if your answers are sincere or not. The commander who interviewed me asked similar questions and kept coming back to would you still want to join if *insert life obstacle here*

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've got a 58 7/6/7 and a 3.6 GPA (community college/furman university) combined with being a team captain of a division 1 sport but I think that my biggest strengths come from my motivational statement and letters of recommendation. If a board only takes 3-5 minutes on my application is it safe to assume that letters of rec and my motivational statement are things will be just briefly skimmed over and don't hold much if any weight?

Yes. I'm not saying blow off the rest of the application but don't sweat the small stuff.

But that's my 2 cents.

Thanks, that's helpful. I have the interview next week and my application will be submitted. Holding out hope we don't hear anything about a board until at least next week. The original NRC email did say "February timeframe," so that could mean March. We can wait a little more, right guys? Right?

mhunter

None
Thanks, that's helpful. I have the interview next week and my application will be submitted. Holding out hope we don't hear anything about a board until at least next week. The original NRC email did say "February timeframe," so that could mean March. We can wait a little more, right guys? Right?
Dude... No! Haha! Just kidding, get your stuff in so we can hold this board already! I wouldn't wish this wait on anyone. Barely missing the last board was torturous.

zsmall1

I've been waiting 4 weeks now for medical paperwork back from Millington so that I can have my damn physical and be done with my application :(. Hope ya'll enjoy the board...

CuBs2105

Not sure if I can post the email from my navy email on here but I received an email from the fleet officer processor at CNRC that the next NFO board will take place 3 February 15. She did not say when the deadline for said board was but I have a feeling that its probably 28th. Rufio, do you have any more info on this?

MagicMagic

Not sure if I can post the email from my navy email on here but I received an email from the fleet officer processor at CNRC that the next NFO board will take place 3 February 15. She did not say when the deadline for said board was but I have a feeling that its probably 28th. Rufio, do you have any more info on this?

Was this an unsolicited email from the processor?

**Rushes to check Navy email for SWO info.**

CuBs2105

I asked the OCS help desk if there was a message that would go out when the board date was decided with a submission deadline. Her answer was no and the next NFO board is February 3rd.