• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

mhunter

None
You also have to take into consideration that the ORs have consistently said the communication is breaking down between the OPO and the NRDs. Right now, all we have to go off of is what the AD guys have heard. Whether it's right or not, we won't know until Rufio or someone else confirms.

mhunter

None
Plus guys, I just got a fortune cookie that said "the near future holds a gift of contentment." I don't need any more proof! Hell, I'm getting delusional.

mz247

So I was wondering if any professionals can help...I was working with a recruiter who recently left and passed me onto a new recruiter.

Now here is the issue...in his last email he said my kit has been sent and is just awaiting the board.

But my new recruiter said that we are awaiting the signatures through her chain of command.

Is there any chance that they could be working on 2 separate kits?

Also I have my aviation medicine people telling me I can't submit anything until I get the blood work from them.

So it's really difficult for me, I'm hearing 3 different stories, and trying to get all of them accounted for just to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately my new recruiter is out of the office until next Tuesday (knowing that iv been desperately trying to make this board)
And the lady who gave me my flight physical also is on leave until next week (and I have to wait for her to send my results to NAMI, according to everyone at aviation medicine)

I don't mean to complain but it's really disheartening to be fed different information from everyone that's supposed to be helping me through this process.

slater44

None
So I was wondering if any professionals can help...I was working with a recruiter who recently left and passed me onto a new recruiter.

Now here is the issue...in his last email he said my kit has been sent and is just awaiting the board.

But my new recruiter said that we are awaiting the signatures through her chain of command.

Also I have my aviation medicine people telling me I can't submit anything until I get the blood work from them.

So it's really difficult for me, I'm hearing 3 different stories, and trying to get all of them accounted for just to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately my new recruiter is out of the office until next Tuesday (knowing that iv been desperately trying to make this board)
And the lady who gave me my flight physical also is on leave until next week (and I have to wait for her to send my results to NAMI, according to everyone at aviation medicine)

I don't mean to complain but it's really disheartening to be fed different information from everyone that's supposed to be helping me through this process.

Can't speak to the medical portion as I am not applying as a civilian. However, I think it is quite possible, even likely, that your two recruiters are telling you the same story without realizing it is confusing you. Oftentimes in the military when you "route" something up the chain of command to be signed by CO/XO/OPS you can substitute "submitted" for "routed" in colloquial speak, which may lead to the confusion. I think your first recruiter probably told you he submitted it, when in reality it is sitting in routing at your NRD and your second recruiter is telling you the more detailed version of what's going on.

mz247

Can't speak to the medical portion as I am not applying as a civilian. However, I think it is quite possible, even likely, that your two recruiters are telling you the same story without realizing it is confusing you. Oftentimes in the military when you "route" something up the chain of command to be signed by CO/XO/OPS you can substitute "submitted" for "routed" in colloquial speak, which may lead to the confusion. I think your first recruiter probably told you he submitted it, when in reality it is sitting in routing at your NRD and your second recruiter is telling you the more detailed version of what's going on.

Thank you for the reply, but is it really that likely for it to take over a month for just a few signatures?
Or have they just been sitting on a desk this whole time?

CuBs2105

Thank you for the reply, but is it really that likely for it to take over a month for just a few signatures?
Well to put things in perspective, I routed mine through an active duty shore command on 11 Dec 14 and it was just signed by the CO today. Holiday leave and people taking their time to make sure every T is crossed and I is dotted can take some time.

mz247

Damn, well let's hope I make this board, iv waiting long and have done my best to keep in touch and not delay anything.

Thanks for the response brothers. Helped put things into perspective.

MagicMagic

Well to put things in perspective, I routed mine through an active duty shore command on 11 Dec 14 and it was just signed by the CO today. Holiday leave and people taking their time to make sure every T is crossed and I is dotted can take some time.

You should have greased the wheels with complimentary Tim Horton's/Coldstone, my friend.

slater44

None

Don't know to be completely honest. I never applied as a civilian and have never worked in recruiting so, to this exact situation, I can't speak. As you said, best to wait for a pro on the specifics.

However, it's entirely possible for something to sit in routing, especially if it's not urgent (read: to the health of the command). While it may mean the world to you to get the package out the door, if you are indeed waiting on the signatures of the CO/XO etc, one officer candidate's package may not be the most pressing matter to the CAPT CO of an NRD. Remember, the bulk of recruiting is enlisted recruiting, which typically entails many waivers, leadership/mgmt of many stations and E-5 to E-7 recruiters spread over a wide region, and much higher (and diverse, try getting smart high school girls to sign up to live on a submarine) monthly goals than for officer programs. This doesn't include the time he must spend on programs such as funding, training, writing and signing evals/fitreps for his recruiters, and managing tasking that comes from CNRC. The list goes on and on.

To add to what cubs2105 just said, I routed mine thru my CoC Nov 18 and have the interview with the OIC tmrw afternoon. Just gotta roll with it sometimes man.

exNavyOffRec

without all the blood work back it can't be submitted to N3M which means no PQ letter, which means it can't be submitted to NRC

exNavyOffRec

Don't know to be completely honest. I never applied as a civilian and have never worked in recruiting so, to this exact situation, I can't speak. As you said, best to wait for a pro on the specifics.

However, it's entirely possible for something to sit in routing, especially if it's not urgent (read: to the health of the command). While it may mean the world to you to get the package out the door, if you are indeed waiting on the signatures of the CO/XO etc, one officer candidate's package may not be the most pressing matter to the CAPT CO of an NRD. Remember, the bulk of recruiting is enlisted recruiting, which typically entails many waivers, leadership/mgmt of many stations and E-5 to E-7 recruiters spread over a wide region, and much higher (and diverse, try getting smart high school girls to sign up to live on a submarine) monthly goals than for officer programs. This doesn't include the time he must spend on programs such as funding, training, writing and signing evals/fitreps for his recruiters, and managing tasking that comes from CNRC. The list goes on and on.

To add to what cubs2105 just said, I routed mine thru my CoC Nov 18 and have the interview with the OIC tmrw afternoon. Just gotta roll with it sometimes man.

civilian applications are signed by recruiter, processor, OPS or AOPS

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
With all the excitement about the AD guys hearing about an NFO board happening on 3 FEB: I thought there were no more non priors allowed to submit for NFO until further notice, isn't it more likely that NFO board is for priors only?