• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

KMC1020

Year2080-Still-waiting.jpg

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
Give me a few more days to get my complete kit sent up through a new NRD and I'll be right there with you guys. For now I have my fingers crossed at every new notification that the board hasn't been set yet.

mz247

So yesterday I finished my flight physical!

Valsalva wasn't nearly as scary as I had anticipated
I also drew more blood because apparently they've messed up again, but hey, I'm fine with that, everything is finally completed!

5 red blood cell shots, and 2 complete physicals later... We did it boys!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So yesterday I finished my flight physical!

Valsalva wasn't nearly as scary as I had anticipated
I also drew more blood because apparently they've messed up again, but hey, I'm fine with that, everything is finally completed!

5 red blood cell shots, and 2 complete physicals later... We did it boys!

Who had you do a flight physical? All you need is a DOD physical (either thru MEPS or a Military Hospital) in order to apply for Pilot.

exNavyOffRec

Who had you do a flight physical? All you need is a DOD physical (either thru MEPS or a Military Hospital) in order to apply for Pilot.

+1 a lot of extra work and the Doctors that do the actually reviews when you get the real physical still say yes or no.

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
I was looking through mz247's posts as well because I was confused on why he had a flight physical, and it seems he's been having trouble with getting it straightened out for a while. Would this mean he's all set for his OCS physical? Or will he just have to get another flight physical at OCS?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was looking through mz247's posts as well because I was confused on why he had a flight physical, and it seems he's been having trouble with getting it straightened out for a while. Would this mean he's all set for his OCS physical? Or will he just have to get another flight physical at OCS?

Everyone gets a flight physical at OCS regardless if one has been done before.

jzaaa

If you get word from your recruiter that you've been accepted, how soon after do you get a ocs date (feb boards as an example)? Thought I read it would be sometime in Oct?

Joey H

I have submitted my package also as NFO, SWO, IWO in that order. I have my fingers crossed as the board meets. I was wondering the same thing as to when we would be notified if we are accepted or not?!!!

Hodgesa

Pro Rec SNFO April Board
I have submitted my package also as NFO, SWO, IWO in that order. I have my fingers crossed as the board meets. I was wondering the same thing as to when we would be notified if we are accepted or not?!!!
For the October SNA/SNFO board, most people were told within a week of the board date, hopefully it'll be the same this time around with a better answer!

mz247

Yeah iv had a lot of issues with my physicals, basically aviation medicine told me that my recruiter didn't know anything, and in order to even be considered for NFO/pilot one must get a flight physical...

Apparently I'm the only one who's done this, but hey, at least if I'm picked up I have no worries...

Btw everyone talking about hearing back from your recruiter about getting In....have I missed something? Do we have a date for this board now?

Joey H

Yeah iv had a lot of issues with my physicals, basically aviation medicine told me that my recruiter didn't know anything, and in order to even be considered for NFO/pilot one must get a flight physical...

Apparently I'm the only one who's done this, but hey, at least if I'm picked up I have no worries...

Btw everyone talking about hearing back from your recruiter about getting In....have I missed something? Do we have a date for this board now?
From what I have researched and read it will be in february!

exNavyOffRec

It seems as if it isn't your recruiter is not the one who doesn't know anything, not sure who was feeding you the flight physical information but that isn't correct, you do not need one to be considered for Pilot and NFO.

If you get picked up you would have pretty much the same worries as everyone else, the doctor you saw might think you are qualified for flight, but it doesn't matter, it is the person that signs off on you at NAMI that really matters.