• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

Vitrivius

Pro rec SNA
Yep. All grades go into a seperate GPA calculation page, but the procedure was updated that the grades from the school you graduated from are the ones that count the most. Along the same lines of schools that only use your junior/senior level classes in the gpa calculations. I think my OP said it changed when the new form came out.

The board has the other page with all of your classes ever, but it is no longer part of you application, but rather a supplemental part of your package.

What the heck !! my OR insisted to use the overall GPA. My overall is 2.96, but my most recent MS GPA is 3.8
where do i find this new procedure? does anybody know?

Lucy

Sorry I thinks its something the processors have that states how to do the application not the ORs so I am not sure where to find it.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I just talked to my OR and after April the next one is not till September. As far as he knows. For SNA

http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/NOTICES/1131 Encl_3 FY11 BOARDSCHED.pdf

OR's are just as clueless as everyone else until they get an Email.. I don't even talk to mine anymore until I'm ready to submit something or need him to get me something.

Has any one heard that the April board was canceled?

Why don't you clarify what board you're talking about.. there is more than one board meeting in April, and you're gonna piss people off including myself randomly posting something like that. Thanks :)

Kay

My recruiter did not specify which boards to me. I was going to the boards in March for supply and the boards in April for Intel, SWO, NFO, and SNA. I am waiting for an email back and when I receive it, I'll post whatever information I have. Until I know more, I am going to try not to stress out and just focus on PT. Good Luck to everyone!

I found out about the cancellation earlier today from my OR. Needless to say, I was upset, but I'm trying to do the same as Kay and focus on getting in as best shape as I can, and hope that they will schedule a board for pilot/NFO/SWO in the near future. When I talked about this with our processor, she told me that as of right now, the Navy is not accepting applications for anything except medical related positions, and information warfare. I have known these past few months that it's very competitive to get accepted right now, but I had no idea it was so bad that they have to freeze all applications for a while. All any of us can do is hang in there and be sure to get in the next board as quickly as we can.

Now I'm off to go run and do push ups to vent my frustrations. Good luck to everybody, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this situation, for better or for worse.

Lucy

Well hmmm...

IDC desginators are the only boards that don't have another "scheduled" board until after next October. There were SNA/NFO/SWO boards for April, May, and July. Even with SWO full there should at least be one board for SNA/NFO in the spring. And Supply was still scheduled almost every month.

Hopefully the boards being cancelled is just OR specualtion or just for April. Either way, we can't change it so not worth worrying about it.

Keep chins up everyone.

GreenLantern330

Well hmmm...

IDC desginators are the only boards that don't have another "scheduled" board until after next October. There were SNA/NFO/SWO boards for April, May, and July.Even with SWO full there should at least be one board for SNA/NFO in the spring. And Supply was still scheduled almost every month.

Hopefully the boards being cancelled is just OR specualtion or just for April. Either way, we can't change it so not worth worrying about it.

Keep chins up everyone.

I'm gonna say it's just speculation (although I could be way off). It just seems fishy that, like you said, that SNA/NFO and Supply had a few other boards scheduled, and all of a sudden, they're full.

Not saying it's not possible, but it just seems off somehow.

Concur though, nothing we can do about it.

aburr

Everything is up in the air until the budget/continuing resolution stuff in Congress is worked out.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
This happens almost every board.. Someone put on here that October 2010's boards were gonna be cancelled and then some heard it and others didn't.. But point of the story there was a board for SNA/NFO/SWO in October 2010.

So just keep preparing for the boards, turn your stuff in, and when April comes around and there is word it is cancelled then there are plenty others after to get looked at by.

PITTENGINEER

What's the date on that publication, July 30 2010? Talking to my office processor and recruiter this morning, I also got the word that SNA, NFO, and SWO boards were no-go as of late last week. A bit frustrating for me, I started my application Feb 2010, so its likely I won't make it to a board for about 18 months after my application began.

Unless things change (which they obviously are subject to change), it sounded like no boards until the 2012 fiscal year, which starts in October, but they'd be having boards for it in September. I feel pretty competitive so I'll just be hanging in there until they get a date for the next board. Will probably get a PPL this summer just to help the cause.

Good luck guys.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Just got the word,

SWO is closed for the next 2 yrs and pilot and nfo is closed for the rest of this fiscal year.

TheBirdy

pilot
Just got the word,

SWO is closed for the next 2 yrs and pilot and nfo is closed for the rest of this fiscal year.

Even though SNA and NFO are closed for FY11, will there still be boards in April/May/June to meet the FY12 quota?

PITTENGINEER

Maybe somebody with a better source can correct me, but my office processor said that the earliest I could expect a board for FY12 would be August.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Even though SNA and NFO are closed for FY11, will there still be boards in April/May/June to meet the FY12 quota?

My processor said she will let me know when she finds out when the next board will be held. When I find out I'll post it.