• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

April SNA Applicant

I, like many of you have been reading this forum for some time now. I was an 11OT01 applicant for the Air Force, when it sounded like it was going to get canceled I started pursuing a naval officer recruiter and now here I am. My OR talks about how long the wait is to get to OCS and in comparison to the amount of time I have been waiting on the Air Force, it seems like no big deal. I look forward to actually getting to apply to a selection board. Hopefully it will be the first and last. Good luck to all of you.

M/23/Non-Prior out of Texas
SNA Applicant
ASTB: 8/8/9 62

University of Mary Hardin-Baylor: Double major in Corporate Finance and Marketing, 3.39 GPA

Awards and Achievements:
Sales Person of the Year – 2010 (Automobile Sales)
Private Pilot License (PPL) holder since October 2010
Dean’s List multiple times
Provost’s Honor Roll multiple times

LOR’s:
1 from current employer/manager who is a retired Army E-8
1 from former internship employer/business owner
1 from college professor
(I have several more that I can use to improve my packet for a resubmit if needed)

Extracurricular:
Intramural sports
Co-Director for a large annual campus wide talent show
Various leadership positions at my universities BSM
Church volunteer

My recruiter gave me positive feedback on my Motivational Statement and said that he wrote a "glowing" personal recommendation.

james23

Got the Ok from school to graduate this spring so here goes!

22/f/non
Intel/NFO/IW (SWO-IW for the June/July board if its still an option)

BA in Social Science with a minor in Intl. Studies. Concentrations in European studies and Sociology/Geography. Overall GPA 3.5, school 3.75, and will have honors at graduation.
ASTB 56 5/5/5
7 LORs
900+ volunteer hours in two years, leadership on campus and work, french, some japanese, VA at japanese/english school, french, tae kwon do, model UN, half dozen scholarships/awards, work since 16, previous security clearence

Starting my MA in International Relations in July.

Think that covers most of it.

Good luck everybody!

Nice Lucy! You inspired me to volunteer more!

james23

So LOR's do expire? what about officer interviews? My package has been sitting with 4 LOR's because BDCP closed... Any insight on this? Thanks

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot

TheBirdy

pilot
So LOR's do expire? what about officer interviews? My package has been sitting with 4 LOR's because BDCP closed... Any insight on this? Thanks

James I can definitely empathize with you. My package has been sitting with my LORs and has not been seen yet because of BDCP being closed. Crossing my fingers for the April boards!

hogfan2007

How much does the flight hours count toward getting selected for SNA? I don't have any hours at all, but my scores were 8 8 9 67.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
How much does the flight hours count toward getting selected for SNA? I don't have any hours at all, but my scores were 8 8 9 67.

No one can truly say. But your scores are good enough in which you shouldn't worry. Make the rest of your application as good and you should do fine. Good Luck!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No Problem...

Having no flight time is NOT a negative in applying for SNO. Even if it was, your scores would more than make up for that.

You will learn to fly "the NAVY way", and not have to "unlearn" GA light aircraft & flight procedures. Most primary Instructors I've known in my 20+ years as an NA, have said that in primary, SNAs w/ no previous flight time, learn as fast or faster than those who do. :icon_smil

Flame away Private Pilots!
BzB

Lucy

Everything gets submitted today.

Added an Arts and Letters major since last post.

Found out the main GPA they use/look at is the GPA from the school you got your degree from, not your overall. Which makes mine a 3.75 ^_^ Cummulative only shows up on the calculation page, and only if they want to look at it. However, MA grades do not affect with GPA on the application, only on the calculation sheet, until it is completed. So if you've taken classes to show learning since a bad/low BA GPA then make sure to mention it somewhere!

Also found out I got 10's on my interviews, and my OR, OP, and ORO all have redone they recommedations (the ORO even called the board stupid apparently). Found that quite amusing.

Also, and have not been able to verify this, but they seems to be some truth to the INTEL board being moved to March instead April, although the DCO and DA boards have gotten confused before.

Heres to waiting!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Also found out I got 10's on my interviews, and my OR, OP, and ORO all have redone they recommedations (the ORO even called the board stupid apparently). Found that quite amusing.

I think you mean the OPO not ORO... The OPO is the Officer Programs Officer. That person is essentially the OIC (Officer in Charge) of the Officer Programs.

Lucy

Ya, likely so. I was just introduced to him as the Officer in charge of Officer recruiting so that is how I always remember. But yes, OPO is the correct term.

Thanks tbc. :-P

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Everything gets submitted today.

Added an Arts and Letters major since last post.

Found out the main GPA they use/look at is the GPA from the school you got your degree from, not your overall. Which makes mine a 3.75 ^_^ Cummulative only shows up on the calculation page, and only if they want to look at it. However, MA grades do not affect with GPA on the application, only on the calculation sheet, until it is completed. So if you've taken classes to show learning since a bad/low BA GPA then make sure to mention it somewhere!

Also, and have not been able to verify this, but they seems to be some truth to the INTEL board being moved to March instead April, although the DCO and DA boards have gotten confused before.

Heres to waiting!

Off the transcript they only look at the school you graduated from?

Lucy

Yep. All grades go into a seperate GPA calculation page, but the procedure was updated that the grades from the school you graduated from are the ones that count the most. Along the same lines of schools that only use your junior/senior level classes in the gpa calculations. I think my OP said it changed when the new form came out.

The board has the other page with all of your classes ever, but it is no longer part of you application, but rather a supplemental part of your package.