• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

PITTENGINEER

Hi, first post. Haven't needed to post anything because this site has been a great help and most every question that's come up in my application process has been answered on here already. I am ready to submit my packet for SNA/SNFO and it was brought to my attention that the next board, and possibly the only board for 2011, will be mid-April. Has anybody else heard the same? A bit of a bummer to wait that long to find out, but I've been patient so far. Right now the question is if I should hold out and log a few more flight hours for the heck of it or just go ahead and apply now then sit on my hands for 5 months. I'm going to discuss it further with my office processor/recruiter next week.

Anybody else hear about April boards?

Stalin

You got a lot of time, I'd do some more stuff in the meantime. Get more hours, do community service (I heard this is a big one), get a couple of officer interviews, maybe contact a congressman? All that, assuming you really want this. If you do, I'm sure you'll do a few of my suggestions. This is an opportunity of a life time, use these few months wisely

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Hi, first post. Haven't needed to post anything because this site has been a great help and most every question that's come up in my application process has been answered on here already. I am ready to submit my packet for SNA/SNFO and it was brought to my attention that the next board, and possibly the only board for 2011, will be mid-April. Has anybody else heard the same? A bit of a bummer to wait that long to find out, but I've been patient so far. Right now the question is if I should hold out and log a few more flight hours for the heck of it or just go ahead and apply now then sit on my hands for 5 months. I'm going to discuss it further with my office processor/recruiter next week.

Anybody else hear about April boards?

Submit your package. You can always update your package while it is waiting to be seen as long as it is not at the board. You will have several months to wait so submit it now then update it a month before the boards. Good Luck.

PITTENGINEER

I do like the idea of submitting my package now then updating it later, just because I'd feel more comfortable knowing that everything is in the works and I can only make it better. Would there be any danger of being turned away from the boards early? I suppose if that was a possibility I'd wait and build up my packet some more.

Definitely going to log some more hours, do some community service, etc., and help out my packet either way. Never thought of contacting a congressman, but I think I'll give it a go, there isn't much to lose there and I got time to make friends. Although I'm not sure what you mean by officer interviews, do you mean letters of recommendation from officers, mock interviews, or something along those lines?

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
If you're satisfied with your package, then submit now. If April is the only other aviation board this year, you want to be in so that you'll be looked at, if you don't submit early you may be tabled. My impression is it is a first come first reviewed basis, atleast this is the gouge I recieved way back when. Good luck.

shutout39

pilot
My recruiter in NRD New England told me there is a December board my package is going to, so I would be very dissapointed to hear that this is not the case....interested to know who has the bad gouge....

PITTENGINEER

My recruiter in NRD New England told me there is a December board my package is going to, so I would be very dissapointed to hear that this is not the case....interested to know who has the bad gouge....

Let us know if that transpires, I'm a bit curious. Mine is ready to roll, so if there's a board and the deadline isn't past I wouldn't see why I couldn't get in. My recruiter gave me the impression that somebody overshot the numbers this year and they were going to be a bit stingy in 2011.

Native, have you sent in a package yet for the April 2011 board?

nativeofsandieg

Native, have you sent in a package yet for the April 2011 board?

I'm not exactly sure. My package was supposed to be seen in October, however due to a NASIS issue that supposedly was resolved back in August it wasn't reviewed. According to two ORs I spoke with, my package was sent off and should be reviewed for April.

I just started Marine PT today, all I can say is that it's a hell of a lot different than dealing with Navy recruiters, in a substantially good way.

GoVols1998

I'm glad to hear you seem to be in a better situation now, native. as for the boards, I've heard this, and seen it published, that there is NO more SNA boards until April, because that is what I'm doing now after not having my waiver cleared in time for November. I would be surprised if they are that stingy with SNA slot, because according to a spreadsheet on nyusn.blog.com, they are STILL short of their target numbers for SNA, while almost every other designator is full/overcapacity.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
December board

I'm pretty sure this is inaccurate as according to the list that is floating around somewhere there has never been a board scheduled for December. Usually there is never a board in December due to the upcoming holidays. You can search the previous years and see how true this is but I know there wasn't a board last December due to the holiday. November results were released around the first week in December if my memory serves me correct but once again you can look that up and see how true that is as well. Good Luck

nativeofsandieg

I'm glad to hear you seem to be in a better situation now, native.

Thanks. My recruiter tells me for Marine Aviation, its pretty competitive but more physically than the Navy. He has guys running under 19 minutes for the 3 mile. Needless to say I need to get on the ball and get back into shape!

GoVols1998

Yeah I feel you there native. I mean the tattoo killed the deal for me, but I definitely haven't kept in the best cardio shape lately, so I knew it would take me 6 months to a year to be able to compete in the running, especially since that is part of the application, unlike the Navy. However, the one thing I really liked about the Marines (aside from their reputation) is the chance to be an FAC and/or an attack helicopter pilot. I still might give that a try if I can get some more info on my chances of a waiver for the tattoo. Let me know how it goes native, I might follow in your footsteps because I just cannot see myself getting a "normal" job when I graduate in May.

desf4

Tattoo waiver?

What's this about a tattoo waiver? Is your tattoo in a bad position or offensive? I've never heard of this.

Sonog

pilot
I can't find the document with the board schedule anywhere, is the next NA/NFO board after April, June? If not selected for April is it possible to retake the ASTB and resubmit for June?