• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
@Bobola - I never interviewed with anyone for my application and my recruiter was completely unaware that some applicants/recruiters were doing rated officer interviews. Make sure you put down that leadership experience somewhere on the application (there are a couple of places where you can list it/elaborate more on what you already listed).

Does anybody know when the next board is after April 2011?

Last time I talked with my recruiter on the subject (early January), he said that April was the only planned board for this year so far. This could have changed since then, but I'd try my hardest to get everything turned in for the April board; you still have almost 3 weeks to study for and take the ASTB as well as get all of your LORs in.

@Bobola - I never interviewed with anyone for my application and my recruiter was completely unaware that some applicants/recruiters were doing rated officer interviews. Make sure you put down that leadership experience somewhere on the application (there are a couple of places where you can list it/elaborate more on what you already listed).

Last time I talked with my recruiter on the subject (early January), he said that April was the only planned board for this year so far. This could have changed since then, but I'd try my hardest to get everything turned in for the April board; you still have almost 3 weeks to study for and take the ASTB as well as get all of your LORs in.

Yea, I think I created the best possible package I could and I feel like I did a good job of highlighting my leadership experiences throughout the application and motivational statement. I have actually already completed everying and my recruiter says it will be submitted within the coming week. I guess there is a portion where they give their professional opinion of me as an applicant and he said that he and his recruiting station gave me "glowing" reviews. Hopefully thats a good thing.

pdizzle

Late to the party because I wanted to see how I did on the ASTB before getting too involved, and uh.... wow. I was not expecting those numbers to show up on the screen.

21/m/non prior

Applying SNA/SNFO
9/9/9 67
3.31 Public Policy from a highly ranked state school
LOR: dean of college, former Naval surgeon/professor, boss
Extracurricular: executive board of two student organizations

LSJU

Future Board's Suspended?

My daughter's OR told her today that all boards have been suspended until further notice including SWO, SNA/SNFO and Intel.

LSJU

May the board colsure rumor panic commense!

She's definitely not panicking - she's patient and going to use the time to enhance her application with a couple of things her OR recommended. But I thought the information was worth sharing. Bad economy = Good officer retention + high candidate yield.

VNE

LSJU, that's not what we mean.

Last week, several members of this forum were made aware that the April boards were canceled...only to find out 2 days later that they are back on. Now were hearing from you that they are canceled again. They could very well be back on again this afternoon....and such is the way of the military.

LSJU

LSJU, that's not what we mean.

Last week, several members of this forum were made aware that the April boards were canceled...only to find out 2 days later that they are back on. Now were hearing from you that they are canceled again. They could very well be back on again this afternoon....and such is the way of the military.

OK. I see. Thanks. So is there any definitive way to know what's real and what's just rumor? Is there any authoritative source? Or do you simply wait for an answer - one way or another?

asomm1

I'm really hoping the word will change, but I was just sent an email by my recruiter saying "SWO and all other boards are now postponed until September." Very, very disappointed to say the least.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I'm really hoping the word will change, but I was just sent an email by my recruiter saying "SWO and all other boards are now postponed until September." Very, very disappointed to say the least.

I stopped believing everything you hear and you should too. Turn your stuff into your processor.

Lucy

Well, as one whose stuff was sent already....

Official email came out today (around 9am west coast) that all General Officer boards are cancelled until further notice. The email did not specifiy if this included IDC communities since the only ROTC/ADAD people for go Intel/IW are those who physically are unable to do the other programs and are not high in numbers.

I would like to think this is rumor, but my OR has yet to call with news until he was 100% sure (BDCP closure, SWO closure) and I am not one to feed the mill. Of course this could always change for later boards (we all hope I am sure!), but everyone should be prepared to wait at this point. Things will even out but we have little ability to know when. After a year of trying to get in and having things cancelled/changed/etc I have learned that the best you can do is to continously move forward with this or another goal and keep in mind that some things will always take more work than others. Plus, it is good practice for once one is in the fleet. :)

Best of luck to everyone and keep pushing if this is what you want. I will update when my OR knows about whether it is all communities, or if it is just the unrestricted line.

Lucy

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
I'll never understand why the ROTC guys get to hog the slots.. I can see the Academy, but What makes a person better just because his school offers NROTC and the other's doesn't.

For whatever it's worth package submitted.. The board maybe back on tomorrow and off again Friday, and back on again next week. It all depends on where the dart lands tomorrow.