• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Working Uniforms

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Do people even say it anywhere anymore and has it ever ended well? Its like a dead tongue language in military jargon. I only ever seen "with all due respect" used once in a serious context (O3 DH vs. O5 Afloat CO). The DH got delivered a headshot 1 of 1 MP at the O-5 earliest/soonest convenience (don't feel bad, the whole story was a clinic on lacking tact).

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
They don’t make them. I’d need a case of full bottles. Assuming you can even buy a bottle...

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Polling 18- to 23-year-olds about what uniforms they wanted is how we ended up in this NWU debacle to begin with.

IDK, I always imagined the atrocity that is the PT uniform came out of the mind of a group of CMCs/O-7s in their 50's who thought that blue and gold color combo was pretty hip.

As for the working uniform, I work with a USCG det currently, and us Navy types joke that after all this time our uniform will eventually just be the same thing they've been using for years. I'm only half serious because that would be a proven, reasonable solution...so naturally we'll never implement it.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
While we’re on the topic, how about a simple ball cap (blue & coyote versions) authorized for working uniform wear in any unit so you don’t have to spend $20 every time you switch units, and so you know whom to salute without staring at their chest:
B616A042-B9E7-46DD-87E1-D88EA63D8835.jpeg

Last edited:

robav8r

None
Contributor
While we’re on the topic, how about a simple ball cap (blue & coyote versions) authorized for working uniform wear in any unit so you don’t have to spend $20 every time you switch units, and so you know whom to salute without staring at their chest:
View attachment 19762
This is ridiculous. Command ball caps instill a sense of esprit de corps in a Sailors command, haven’t ever heard of this being an issue, ever. I’m not sure Sailors have any difficulty figuring out “who to salute” either. How much time in the fleet do you have ?

Pags

N/A
pilot
This is ridiculous. Command ball caps instill a sense of esprit de corps in a Sailors command, haven’t ever heard of this being an issue, ever. I’m not sure Sailors have any difficulty figuring out “who to salute” either. How much time in the fleet do you have ?
concur fully with @robav8r. Having a command ballcap makes you part of the team. Nothing says "not from here" or "bootcamp" like not having a command cap. Theres nothing better than having a really salty command ballcap, bonus points for having one in a different color. IMO the command cap is one of the modern naval traditions. Knowing salute isn't hard (as an ENS: everyone).

Also, $20 is a hard pill to swallow? I used to spend at least $20 in new patches and nametags. Might as well add a ballcap to that bill.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
concur fully with @robav8r. Having a command ballcap makes you part of the team. Nothing says "not from here" or "bootcamp" like not having a command cap. Theres nothing better than having a really salty command ballcap, bonus points for having one in a different color. IMO the command cap is one of the modern naval traditions. Knowing salute isn't hard (as an ENS: everyone).

Also, $20 is a hard pill to swallow? I used to spend at least $20 in new patches and nametags. Might as well add a ballcap to that bill.
And your sponsor should buy all this for you anyways...although unit specific clothing (hats) can also be provided sans coat by supply. Different line of funding.

Our squadron gives every new checkin their squadron ball cap for free...