• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

National OPO

Is the IDC Board Still looking to push out results on the 21st?

As much as I hate to say it, yes, we are still waiting for the IDC community to provide NRC the results from the most recent (delayed) IDC board. As of today, 21May, the board is complete but the results being tabulated and once that is done, the results will be signed out by the IDC community leadership and FINALLY provided to NRC. Once we get them, it takes us about 2 days to review the results for completion and accuracy and push the results to the Fleet commands via BUPERS Online. Then once that is done, we push the results to the NRDs for the non-fleet applicants. We are pushing the community hard to get us the results - but we (unfortunately) have to wait for them to get around to providing us the results. Sorry for the delay. We want to get them almost as badly as you guys want to get them.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
What sounds like is happening is that your recruiter got everything he needed from your on the front-end of the application process. So that once the results came out, there wasnt much (if anything) that he needed to obtain from you. Assuming that he already had your SF-86 Security Questionnaire with your signature, then it could very well be that he wouldnt need you to sign anything before your application was ready to be issued a Final Select letter. That said, although your Final Letter might have been generated, they are presently stacked up waiting for us to go through them confirming and assigning OCS dates for this summer/fall and then once confirmed and signed, they are being pushed to the NRDs and Recruiters to be issued to the applicants. Although the team here could certainly get through a good many of the Final Selects this week and issue them out this week, I suspect that it would still be another week or two just based on the rate in which we are able to work through them and the stack of Final Select letters that are ready for us to issue.

Ah yes, that makes sense now. He did have me sign several forms a while back and also had me sign my SF-86 Questionnaire. Thank you for the additional information on the Final Select letters, extremely helpful! I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such a clear and informative response.

SunCraver

SunCraver
For the fleet candidates: I read in a different post that OCS results are posted on BOL only for fleet CMCs/XOs/COs to view. Yet, I heard from other OCS grads that results can be found when a candidate logs into BOL, by selecting the Advancement/Selection link. Any insight here?

Kees

SNA Select
Here's a silly question: Can or do ASTB scores affect one's Naval Aviation career later on down the road? For example, preclude one from selecting jets, disqyalify from test pilot school, etc. Or, are these opportunities based solely on performance in training and the fleet?

I am pro-rec SNA, but know my ASTB scores could be better. Just curious.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
Here's a silly question: Can or do ASTB scores affect one's Naval Aviation career later on down the road? For example, preclude one from selecting jets, disqyalify from test pilot school, etc. Or, are these opportunities based solely on performance in training and the fleet?

I am pro-rec SNA, but know my ASTB scores could be better. Just curious.

I'm fairly certain I've read elsewhere that ASTB scores are only used for the application and then hold virtually no weight thereafter....could certainly be wrong though! I know for sure this was asked elsewhere too if you're anxious to know before National OPO responds!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Its a joke. OCS means nothing.
Got it
00847fb8cab4564c262a8d2461362e3a81e74d04c74209e229c8c490c2548618.jpg

Mozart

half way through a 12 hour shift working on a holiday at a boring job makes me really wish FinSel letters would get out ASAP from the April board results. I need to PT more and start my 20 days of PTO.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
half way through a 12 hour shift working on a holiday at a boring job makes me really wish FinSel letters would get out ASAP from the April board results. I need to PT more and start my 20 days of PTO.
Yup, I feel you, and a lot of us have been waiting a lot longer than that.

I'll be honest, for a while I was having a hard time looking at today as anything more than "another day where I know I won't get my FINSEL." However, I really got to thinking about what this holiday is all about: "...those who have gone before [us] to defend freedom and democracy around the world." The waiting sucks, but for everyone out there, whatever it is you're waiting for -- FINSEL, board results, or even if you're still just thinking about applying to the Navy -- remember that you're a small part of a historical tapestry stretching back over 200 years. Be proud that you are a part of that heritage, even if you don't get the results you want when you want them. Be your best self every day, never stop striving and achieving, and let life unfold as you reap the benefits of those efforts.

Enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day, everyone. Be safe and be well.