• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

Undes

Hi I was hoping RUFiO181 could help me out here. I'm AD over in San Diego and I was hoping that you might be able to point me in the right direction. I am a SNA select from the October board.
So as I understand it, there are OCS classes starting in both Jan and Feb. My ship is making a homeport shift to Sasebo, Japan on Jan 26 and I am thus far slated to make the move with them.
I have spoken with my COC and they agree that if I can get either a "penciled in" or hard ordered OCS class date for Jan or Feb, then they would support me staying stateside on TAD orders until I class up. This would allow them to fill my position in the Department before the big shift and save the Navy money spent on moving costs both to and from Japan. Is there anyone myself or my COC can talk to in order to "speed up" getting orders or at least settle on the OCS class up date? I already have my "Secret" security clearance attained last year.
I haven't consulted my CO yet, but I am Confident that she too would like to save both myself and the Navy the hassle of moving back and forth.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.