• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

loui86dz

Do or do not... there is no try-Master Yoda
I'm praying that the IDC board results are on schedule to be released this week. Does anyone know if there will be another delay?

National OPO

@National OPO I just wanted to get your thoughts on when the CIRIMS would be updated to reflect the May board results to PRO REC Y status? Just wanted to know when it would be good to check back in with my OR on it. On Thursday he indicated that it was still at PROBOARD status.

NRC is working hard to go into all of the PROREC-Y applicants and annotate their PROREC-Y status within CIRIMS - all while also managing the churn from processing all of the other 1k-2k OCS applicants for shipping to a future OCS class. So we are working through the load and attempting to update CIRIMS as quickly as we can to reflect PROREC-Y status and request that the NRDs perform post-board processing to eventually get all applicants to a state where we can then assign an OCS convene date and issue Final Select letters.

National OPO

Is there an "historical attrition rate" factored in somehow? Just for the sake of discussion, if "the need" is "X", is the input goal "X x 110%"? Just curious...

Yes - what NRC strives to identify for eventual shipping through professional review ("selection boards") does take into account traditional pre-shipping attrition (declines, etc) and traditional attrition that normally takes place at OCS. All in the effort to hit the final commissioning goal which reflects what the Navy needs as new Ensigns.

National OPO

NationalOPO-

My OP told me that his lead "Final Action'ed" my package after getting the Pro-Y, What does this mean?

It only means that they have uploaded all necessary post-board documents and "pushed" the kit back to NRC for final processing and eventual assignment of an OCS convene date and eventual issuance of a Final Select letter. The "ball" is now back with NRC to support OCS loading and eventual FINSEL letter.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
NRC is working hard to go into all of the PROREC-Y applicants and annotate their PROREC-Y status within CIRIMS - all while also managing the churn from processing all of the other 1k-2k OCS applicants for shipping to a future OCS class. So we are working through the load and attempting to update CIRIMS as quickly as we can to reflect PROREC-Y status and request that the NRDs perform post-board processing to eventually get all applicants to a state where we can then assign an OCS convene date and issue Final Select letters.

Thank you for the information, sir. I understand that NRC is quite busy and I genuinely appreciate the efforts you and the rest of NRC exert for applicants such as myself. I spoke with my OR just now and he said the system was updated to reflect my PROREC-Y and that I should be getting a FINSEL letter this week and swearing in later in the week. Based on what I've read on here, this seems to be a literal impossibility. However, he said the status on my application said FINSEL at PM or something along those lines and that he didn't need me to do anything until the FINSEL letter arrives. However, it sounds like based on the posts above that I should be signing some forms for NRC to even release a FINSEL letter to me? Sorry for the questions, just confusing information from him.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
he said the system was updated to reflect my PROREC-Y and that I should be getting a FINSEL letter this week and swearing in later in the week. Based on what I've read on here, this seems to be a literal impossibility.

I would take the estimation with a grain of salt. A good number of us from the previous boards are already given class dates, but still lack a FS. If rumors are true, a good chunk of FS should be coming out within the next couple weeks, but I think you getting one this week is unlikely.

National OPO

Thank you for the information, sir. I understand that NRC is quite busy and I genuinely appreciate the efforts you and the rest of NRC exert for applicants such as myself. I spoke with my OR just now and he said the system was updated to reflect my PROREC-Y and that I should be getting a FINSEL letter this week and swearing in later in the week. Based on what I've read on here, this seems to be a literal impossibility. However, he said the status on my application said FINSEL at PM or something along those lines and that he didn't need me to do anything until the FINSEL letter arrives. However, it sounds like based on the posts above that I should be signing some forms for NRC to even release a FINSEL letter to me? Sorry for the questions, just confusing information from him.

What sounds like is happening is that your recruiter got everything he needed from your on the front-end of the application process. So that once the results came out, there wasnt much (if anything) that he needed to obtain from you. Assuming that he already had your SF-86 Security Questionnaire with your signature, then it could very well be that he wouldnt need you to sign anything before your application was ready to be issued a Final Select letter. That said, although your Final Letter might have been generated, they are presently stacked up waiting for us to go through them confirming and assigning OCS dates for this summer/fall and then once confirmed and signed, they are being pushed to the NRDs and Recruiters to be issued to the applicants. Although the team here could certainly get through a good many of the Final Selects this week and issue them out this week, I suspect that it would still be another week or two just based on the rate in which we are able to work through them and the stack of Final Select letters that are ready for us to issue.

Surf

pilot
What sounds like is happening is that your recruiter got everything he needed from your on the front-end of the application process. So that once the results came out, there wasnt much (if anything) that he needed to obtain from you. Assuming that he already had your SF-86 Security Questionnaire with your signature, then it could very well be that he wouldnt need you to sign anything before your application was ready to be issued a Final Select letter. That said, although your Final Letter might have been generated, they are presently stacked up waiting for us to go through them confirming and assigning OCS dates for this summer/fall and then once confirmed and signed, they are being pushed to the NRDs and Recruiters to be issued to the applicants. Although the team here could certainly get through a good many of the Final Selects this week and issue them out this week, I suspect that it would still be another week or two just based on the rate in which we are able to work through them and the stack of Final Select letters that are ready for us to issue.
Great news! Also, can't thank you enough for taking the time to voluntarily explain these things to all of us. It has been much easier explaining the process to family and friends with this added information.

brogdawg32

@National OPO so to clarify, the team is working through all the previous ProRecs, and EVEN the May selects could (potentially) see FINSELs in the next 2-3 weeks?? Because it seems that's the word spreading around recruiters right now that we could get our FINSELs within a few weeks.

That. Would. Be. Awesome. And if not, back to waiting my corner and I won't ask anymore.

National OPO

Is the IDC Board Still looking to push out results on the 21st?

As much as I hate to say it, yes, we are still waiting for the IDC community to provide NRC the results from the most recent (delayed) IDC board. As of today, 21May, the board is complete but the results being tabulated and once that is done, the results will be signed out by the IDC community leadership and FINALLY provided to NRC. Once we get them, it takes us about 2 days to review the results for completion and accuracy and push the results to the Fleet commands via BUPERS Online. Then once that is done, we push the results to the NRDs for the non-fleet applicants. We are pushing the community hard to get us the results - but we (unfortunately) have to wait for them to get around to providing us the results. Sorry for the delay. We want to get them almost as badly as you guys want to get them.