• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

navyhaz

All - no, I would not expect the IDC board to go earlier than its present scheduled date, which is 15Sep14, with applications due to Recruiting Command no later than 06Aug14, earlier if at all possible to allow the team here enough time to process the kits and get them ready for the board. I would once again expect this Sep14 IDC board to once again be competitive and result in a traditionally "low" selection rate of something around 20-25%, which is what the IDC selection rates have been over the last few years.

Thanks for clearing that up. 25% seems to be a fair number! It's great in comparison to enlisted advancement rates (well, my rate the past seven cycles advanced 0%).

binoly

Every time I get the notification that NOPO posted I log on and check what he said faster than a 13 year old girl checking her Facebook.

Side note, how are "unofficial dates" relayed to a recruiter? Is it just another status shown in CIRIMS? Or something else.
I'm in the same boat.

binoly

Yes, all programs will be considered. That's the entire point of putting preferences, right?
I remember seeing somewhere in the past that if you got selected for your first choice they would start processing for that choice. Just wanted to clarify. Thank you.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I remember seeing somewhere in the past that if you got selected for your first choice they would start processing for that choice. Just wanted to clarify. Thank you.

Not at all. You can go ahead and get the security clearance started but until all the results are released you won't get your FINSEL

exNavyOffRec

Once you are seen by all the boards if you don't say anything they would process you for your first choice, if you wanted to take the 2nd choice you need to let someone know.

National OPO

All - by policy, once professionally recommended for your first choice, then yes, NRC will terminate processing of your other remaining choices since we assume that your first choice represents what you really, really, really want. Unless you let your recruiter know in writing/email (if an NRD applicant) or let the Fleet Processors know in writing/email here within NRC (if a Fleet applicant) that you want to decline your first choice selection and instead desire to be considered for your subsequent choice(s). But realize that once you decline your first choice (after having been selected), and you end up not being selected for your subsequent choices, that you have to start back to Step 1 in applying again for your first choice. This is the risk that an applicant assumes when they opt to decline their first choice and instead asked to be considered for your subsequent choices.

National OPO

All - sorry to say, but I will be turning over in the next 3 weeks and I am not sure if my relief will pick up where I have left off here on Air Warriors. I will certainly encourage him to do so to help disseminate info and dispell rumors/misinformation, but it will be completely up to him. I will remain here in Air Warriors until I am relieved to help the continued dissemination of information and to answer questions, but my presence as the National OPO will go offline effective 29Aug14. I will still attempt to retain presence here on Air Warriors to continue to try and lend knowledge and experience, but my input will only be from a historic perspective and I wont have system access to NRC's processing system to be able to provide specific applicant or application information. Certainly wish all of you the best of luck no matter what your future plans might be!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Sir,

Thank you for all the help and assistance you have provided us so far. You have saved us all from many headaches by providing helpful information. Good luck on your next assignment.

Very Respectfully,

AS1

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Thanks for clearing that up. 25% seems to be a fair number! It's great in comparison to enlisted advancement rates (well, my rate the past seven cycles advanced 0%).

I know exactly what you mean!
SF8MzIP.gif

All - sorry to say, but I will be turning over in the next 3 weeks and I am not sure if my relief will pick up where I have left off here on Air Warriors....!

This is certainly some sad news. It is just my luck that you would be departing just as soon as I submit my application.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
All - sorry to say, but I will be turning over in the next 3 weeks and I am not sure if my relief will pick up where I have left off here on Air Warriors. I will certainly encourage him to do so to help disseminate info and dispell rumors/misinformation, but it will be completely up to him. I will remain here in Air Warriors until I am relieved to help the continued dissemination of information and to answer questions, but my presence as the National OPO will go offline effective 29Aug14. I will still attempt to retain presence here on Air Warriors to continue to try and lend knowledge and experience, but my input will only be from a historic perspective and I wont have system access to NRC's processing system to be able to provide specific applicant or application information. Certainly wish all of you the best of luck no matter what your future plans might be!
Sir, you have my thanks for providing up to date information directly from the source. Your input here has been invaluable.

JoeNAVY

So I'm aware that my degree in business isn't relevent for Intel. If I got a minor in math would that suffice? I also found two masters programs I feel I can get into, M.S. in Applied Econ and M.S. in Applied Stats. Would either of these make me competetive for intel? Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

VoodooNova

None

Thank you for all your help, NOPO.

CAJ0520

If the last thing you do as NOPO was to stamp me with a November class date while no one is looking, and get that signed, I wouldn't mind... But really, your presence on here has been an immense help to me personally and everyone else I am sure.