• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Don't know if this got put out recently, but PAO and EOD programs are now closed for civilian applicants. Only two ways to apply are from enlisted to officer or lateral transfer as an officer.

exNavyOffRec

Don't know if this got put out recently, but PAO and EOD programs are now closed for civilian applicants. Only two ways to apply are from enlisted to officer or lateral transfer as an officer.

Doesn't surprise me, up until last year PAO was only taking prior applicants for the past several years, EOD is such it kind of makes sense.

binoly

IDC board still scheduled for September from what I know. If you want know the exact dates, NOPO attached a link to the FY14-15 board schedules a few posts back. As for timelines, talk to a few of the IDC selects here and they can tell you how long they've waited, but yes expect to play the waiting game for a while.
Rufio, thanks for the info. The date from the schedule is still September 15th so hopefully it stands. I checked that before posting.
All - Yes, the next AC IDC board is still scheduled for 15Sep14 with applications due to us here at NRC no later than 06Aug14. The results for IDC boards often take 2-3 weeks to come to NRC from the community and before we are able to release them to both the Fleet and the NRDs. So with the board of 15Sep14 (assumes that it kicks off exactly on that date, which is outside of NRC's control and up to the IDC community), then I would expect to be able to release the results to the field around 03Oct14 or 06Oct14. But that is merely an estimate.

Thanks! That's fantastic news. So at this rate I may know the results of the IDC board before the next SWO board convenes. At least I have something to look forward to.

National OPO

All - surprise, but we here at NRC opted to hold another SWO board since we have a sufficient numbers of applications to justify having another board, less than the prescribed "within the next 90 days if not sooner" assigned to the rolling SWO boards. Out of 95 applications, 60 applicants were professionally recommended for a 63% selection rate, one of the higher selection rates that we have seen over the last few boards. The results were pushed to the fleet yesterday via BOL and should be going to the NRDs today. The next rolling SWO board will once again occur "within the next 90 days if not sooner". Congrats to all of those professionally recommended. The next Pilot/NFO board wont occur until at least after 01Oct14.

National OPO

In addition to EOD and PAO being "fleet-only" boards in FY15, AMDO is going to be the same thing since 1) the community prefers to pick from enlisted aviation maintenance types, and 2) NRC's AMDO accession goals are expected to be so small (perhaps less than 10), it makes more sense to fill with Fleet applicants than to goal the NRDs with this program.

CAJ0520

All - surprise, but we here at NRC opted to hold another SWO board since we have a sufficient numbers of applications to justify having another board, less than the prescribed "within the next 90 days if not sooner" assigned to the rolling SWO boards. Out of 95 applications, 60 applicants were professionally recommended for a 63% selection rate, one of the higher selection rates that we have seen over the last few boards. The results were pushed to the fleet yesterday via BOL and should be going to the NRDs today. The next rolling SWO board will once again occur "within the next 90 days if not sooner". Congrats to all of those professionally recommended. The next Pilot/NFO board wont occur until at least after 01Oct14.

Any updated info on FINSEL's (SNA most recent board)? I'm holding off harassing my OR for an unofficial date even, until I hear anything new on them. Much appreciated Sir.

binoly

@NOPO, thanks for the news that is great and was somewhat unexpected. I have logged into Bol and can't see anything except chief results from years past. My XO was unable to see anything f for this board either. Any advice on how to check or does it mean bad news if we can't find it?

National OPO

@NOPO, thanks for the news that is great and was somewhat unexpected. I have logged into Bol and can't see anything except chief results from years past. My XO was unable to see anything f for this board either. Any advice on how to check or does it mean bad news if we can't find it?

MA1 - will task my folks to "confirm" with the NPC BOL folks that the results were in fact transmitted to the fleet via BOL, although they indicated that they were going to hit the "send" button yesterday afternoon. Recommend keep checking since I would expect them to hit any minute now (if not yet showing in your BOL queue).

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None

From what I've heard, it should also tell you if you were PRO REC'd-NO.

binoly

MA1 - will task my folks to "confirm" with the NPC BOL folks that the results were in fact transmitted to the fleet via BOL, although they indicated that they were going to hit the "send" button yesterday afternoon. Recommend keep checking since I would expect them to hit any minute now (if not yet showing in your BOL queue).
Thank you sir. Between myself and my xo were checking every few minutes. Still nothing as of 1136 CST

National OPO

Any updated info on FINSEL's (SNA most recent board)? I'm holding off harassing my OR for an unofficial date even, until I hear anything new on them. Much appreciated Sir.

NRC has started issuing FINSELs for Pilot/NFO applicants from the June board, but we have just start placing these folks into future OCS classes - Oct-Dec14 timeframe. I would suspect that by the rate in which we are placing prior PROREC-Y Pilot/NFO applicants that the larger majority of the June Pilot/NFO selects will be issued their FINSELs during the month of August with OCS dates in the Nov14-Dec14 timeframe.

binoly

Sir, just to add, the most recent in service procurement board that my XO can review is Supply dated 25JUN14. He cannot find anything on this board or anything on me individually.