• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

shinegf

There's not a separate clearance, it's just that the process might not be complete by the time you commission. I didn't get my final clearance until eight months after commissioning, but they initiated the investigation before I submitted my package for OCS. The "separate clearance" thing could be a misunderstanding of the fact that you may start out only needing a secret clearance, and depending on your job subsequently require a top secret clearance, which is a more involved process.
Cool, that is good to know. Thanks a lot!

binoly

Very true my friend. Please don't remind me about that horrific wait. lol

I submitted my package on June 5th after I finally got my college transcripts. My package wasn't processed in time for the SWO board on June 9th. This waiting is killing me. Not to mention that this is the time that everyone starts getting anxious about chief results coming out. I'm just hoping to have the best august ever and for plenty of application submissions to get the next board here sooner.

exNavyOffRec

I submitted my package on June 5th after I finally got my college transcripts. My package wasn't processed in time for the SWO board on June 9th. This waiting is killing me. Not to mention that this is the time that everyone starts getting anxious about chief results coming out. I'm just hoping to have the best august ever and for plenty of application submissions to get the next board here sooner.

You have been AD for 12 years, how close are you to the "commissioned age" limit of 31 for SWO?

binoly

You have been AD for 12 years, how close are you to the "commissioned age" limit of 31 for SWO?
I turn 31 next June. I would have loved for my package to have been reviewed by the 09June board but I was waiting for my transcripts to arrive before I could submit. I'm hoping and praying that I can get a quick pro-rec after the next board and a fast finsel. While I would prefer to attend OCS in the warmer months, it appears that it would only be feasible for me to attend in the winter to ensure I commission prior to my 31st birthday.

exNavyOffRec

I turn 31 next June. I would have loved for my package to have been reviewed by the 09June board but I was waiting for my transcripts to arrive before I could submit. I'm hoping and praying that I can get a quick pro-rec after the next board and a fast finsel. While I would prefer to attend OCS in the warmer months, it appears that it would only be feasible for me to attend in the winter to ensure I commission prior to my 31st birthday.

Just looking at what info you have posted, I think you have a good shot.

binoly

Just looking at what info you have posted, I think you have a good shot.
Thanks it's good to hear that. Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize until too late that certain programs had age waivers. It did motivate me to finish my degree a lot faster once I realized that there was a max age, but until about 2 years ago I hadn't considered any other commissioning program other than LDO. After I found out that my package missed the last board I took a month of leave and went to Italy and Spain with my family (got to love space a). Now that I'm back to work I keep getting questions from my officers about my OCS package, and hearing from the chiefs mess about the CPO board. It would be a blessing to get both, or even just one, but I just wan the waiting to be over.