• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

N.A. landings at USAF bases (hopelessly threadjacked x3..and counting)

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Big gulps huh? Well, see you later.

Well that's the correct way to say it. I'm talking about general terms for a carbonated drink. It's a lot better than the Texas calling of everything coke and THEN asking what kind. Uh, coke is coke and if want something else I'd say it.

Watch it now! You're painting us Texans with a broad brush. :D

I've been to numerous states where they call all soft drinks "coke". I think people say coke all the time because they're too lazy to say Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc.

Wow, I wonder what else we can hi-jack this thread with? :D

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I ask for pepsi when they have coke and coke when they have pepsi. Not to be a jerk, it just always works out that way.

HuggyU2

None
In the South it was called a "soda" .... unless it was an RC Cola ... in which case it was called an RC Cola & a Moon Pie ... :)

rccolamoonpiegl1.jpg
Amen.
And you can pick them both up at the "ice house" around the corner...

HuggyU2

None
Only when they wear the scarves?
No, only when the Navy's in port, and decides to stop by and visit. We plan on being cross country on those days. Why do we avoid the Club then? Because the only training we have with soap-on-a-rope is to avoid socializing with sailors during liberty call.

And when visiting our O'Clubs, technically you're not underway, so it must be gay.

THREADJACK!

skim

None
Contributor
Pray tell, what inspires you to bother ASKING for one over the other!?! :confused::eek:
What I mean is:

Waitress: Hi, Im Flo, I'll be your server, could I get you a drink?
Skim: Sure, that would be lovely for I am parched. May I please have a Coke?
Waitress: Oh, Im sorry. We only serve Pepsi products here.
Skim: My mistake, pardon me for my ignorance regarding your soft drinks. I will be happy to have a Pepsi then.
Waitress:Ok, I will get that for you
Skim:By god you are a slice of heaven Flo
Waitress: (blushes)And you sir, are a model for decorum
End of story

That happens about 99% of the time, though the server names change.:D

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
What I mean is:

Waitress: Hi, Im Flo, I'll be your server, could I get you a drink?
Skim: Sure, that would be lovely for I am parched. May I please have a Coke?
Waitress: Oh, Im sorry. We only serve Pepsi products here.
Skim: My mistake, pardon me for my ignorance regarding your soft drinks. I will be happy to have a Pepsi then.
Waitress:Ok, I will get that for you
Skim:By god you are a slice of heaven Flo
Waitress: (blushes)And you sir, are a model for decorum
End of story

That happens about 99% of the time, though the server names change.:D

Decorum? (said in best Jim Mora Sr. "Playoffs" impression)

AJB37

Looks to me like it was a student project of some sort... Not a bad idea actually...

And I would venture to say that the majority of school projects tend to be a waste of time...I mean I can see how this one would teach the student to collect and categorize data...:rolleyes:... but my point is in my view this serves no practical purpose.

skim

None
Contributor
And I would venture to say that the majority of school projects tend to be a waste of time...I mean I can see how this one would teach the student to collect and categorize data...:rolleyes:... but my point is in my view this serves no practical purpose.

other than teaching a student how to collect and categorize data? I dont see how that is a waste of time.

AJB37

other than teaching a student how to collect and categorize data? I dont see how that is a waste of time.

I guess I see the data collected as pointless rather than the skills being taught, I should have been more clear. As a student I prefer to analyze actual data and got bored out of my mind when the teacher would have us count gumballs and sort them by color.