• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

N.A. landings at USAF bases (hopelessly threadjacked x3..and counting)

haubby

None
Contributor
A4 when you were growing up they still had the "coke" in the coke:icon_wink

badger16

None
Yeah, but they had some pretty sweet planes on the set of Always. I liked a Guy Named Joe better, but I would have loved to fly the birds they had in Always.

The beginning where that PBY almost takes out the fisherman is pretty awesome, especially in surround sound on a 70 inch TV! I would love to fly the A-26 just once. It is one of my all time favorite multi engine airplanes. I will agree with you thought that it is no match for the original.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
It's called pop.

When I visited a girlfriend in Minnesota, I found it odd that they called it 'pop' first, then asked what kind you want. Here in California you say what you want first (coke, pepsi, etc..). I dont get it, but each his own I guess.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
When I visited a girlfriend in Minnesota, I found it odd that they called it 'pop' ....
In the South it was called a "soda" .... unless it was an RC Cola ... in which case it was called an RC Cola & a Moon Pie ... :)

rccolamoonpiegl1.jpg

MrSaturn

Contributor
kapl.184.1.jpg

"Mr. President, if I may speak freely, the Russkie talks big, but frankly, we think he's short of know-how. I mean, you just can't expect a bunch of ignorant peons to understand a machine like some of our boys. And that's not meant as an insult, Mr. Ambassador, I mean, you, you take your average Russkie, we all know how much guts he's got. Hell, look, look at all them them Nazis killed off and they still wouldn't quit...if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really... sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low (he spreads his arms like wings and laughs), you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard... Has he got a chance? Hell, Ye... ye..."

Best. Movie. Ever.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
In the South it was called a "soda" .... unless it was an RC Cola ... in which case it was called an RC Cola & a Moon Pie ... :)

rccolamoonpiegl1.jpg

It's still called a soda around these parts. :D Personally, I prefer a Dublin, Texas Dr. Pepper with roasted peanuts poured into it. Mmm good! :icon_tong

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

rccolamoonpiegl1.jpg

Growing up just down the road from the Chattanooga Bakery....nothing like a moon pie and cold RC on a hot Sunday afternoon :)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Big gulps huh? Well, see you later.

When I visited a girlfriend in Minnesota, I found it odd that they called it 'pop' first, then asked what kind you want. Here in California you say what you want first (coke, pepsi, etc..). I dont get it, but each his own I guess.

Well that's the correct way to say it. I'm talking about general terms for a carbonated drink. It's a lot better than the Texas calling of everything coke and THEN asking what kind. Uh, coke is coke and if want something else I'd say it.