• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

N.A. landings at USAF bases (hopelessly threadjacked x3..and counting)

corvairdroptop

This is by far the most entertaining threadjack to watch to date... Some are simple to predict, you know "Wow, at the end of this thread I'll be reading about the Manatee." or "Wow, at the end of this thread I'll be reading about hookers & blow." This one? Honestly, who in their right mind would read the first post about Naval Aviators landing at an Air Force base and think "Wow, at the end of this I'll be debating Coke, Pepsi, Soda, etc..."

Mind boggling.

I saw a cartoon plane with a tailhook.
Then there was a debate over Zoolander.
Then I decided to go straight to the last page, expecting none of the above.

joshmf

Here's a pic of him.

Faculty_RobertEmerson.jpg

Out of morbid curiousity, why do you have a picture of your business law professor from your junior year? :eek: Or did you go to the effort of finding one just for us?

#1 Zoolander is decent
#2 Saving Private Ryan, THE RIGHT STUFF, Magnolia, Black Hawk Down
#3 I can understand Pop (sort of), but who says Coke when they want a Root Beer?

Alright, now I'm caught up to speed.

phrogpilot73

#1 Zoolander is decent
#2 Saving Private Ryan, THE RIGHT STUFF, Magnolia, Black Hawk Down
#3 I can understand Pop (sort of), but who says Coke when they want a Root Beer?

Alright, now I'm caught up to speed.
If you had gone for a true hat trick - you would have referenced Ascot wearing boys in blue... To get us back to the beginning...

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Its not a coke when you want a root beer, you just say what you want instead of 'pop' or soda first. You can say root beer, mt. dew etc.

Its not a coke when you want a root beer, you just say what you want instead of 'pop' or soda first. You can say root beer, mt. dew etc.

That's my point. A Coke is a Coke. A Root Beer is a Root Beer. It makes about as much sense as ordering lemonade and getting more specific by asking for Grape Juice.

USNMark

I order a coke and get a coke. Coke = Coke. Coke = variety of drinks? I don't worry about these sorts of things until I see my family from Michigan who insist everything is a pop (which is pronounced more like "pahp") and you must branch off from there once you've said you want a pop. I agree with others, who the heck orders a specific item using general terms? "Yes, on which aisle are your groceries? I need food. Where can I find that?"

As for best movie, I have to put my vote in for... A Few Good Men, Men of Honor, Flight of the Intruder, and Memphis Belle. It was either those movies or Kazaam (oh man.. best movie in the world!!!!!!! :yuck_125: never seen it, couldn't pay me to)