• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

BigRed389

None
Mini-mags have been great, no issues. I did buy a bulk 550 rounds Federal box and took it to the range. Full magazine with 10 rounds, the first 2 or 3 guaranteed won't eject properly. But if I load 9 federals with 1 mini-mag to start the magazine, 10 out no issues. I'm at the early learning stages with the mosquito (and guns in general) but if I had to guess, I'd think that the federals worked best when the gun is a little heated up from the previous round which is the reason why the first few in a full federal magazine would be the only duds.

With break in mine did "get better." Most problems I had were FTEs as well. Real pain in the ass, but on the bright side, you're working malfunction drills without knowing it's coming in advance.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
My new Sig 226 Navy.

DSCF7791.jpg

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
Hey Bunk, do you mind if I ask how much you paid for that? That's exactly what I want to buy but I'm unsure of what a fair price would be.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey Bunk, do you mind if I ask how much you paid for that? That's exactly what I want to buy but I'm unsure of what a fair price would be.

Independent of any special deal Bunk may have received, go to Buds Guns online. Very fair prices. Then go to Buds Police Supply (you rate shopping there w/ your mil ID) and see how much better a price you can get if they have something in stock.

I just did this for the P229 I've been talking with Gaigin about in the other thread. Just waiting for them to ship. The process isn't as instant as going to the gun store, but the deal was great.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

At the local gun shop, I paid $879.99 plus tax. Might be able to find a better deal no doubt.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
Yeah I'm looking to pay a little less than that. I actually saw one on gunbroker.com and ended up bidding $875 on it, but didn't meet the reserve. It was serial number NSW 0100, so I'm sure it was upwards of $1K.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah I'm looking to pay a little less than that. I actually saw one on gunbroker.com and ended up bidding $875 on it, but didn't meet the reserve. It was serial number NSW 0100, so I'm sure it was upwards of $1K.

The Sig's are pretty expensive no doubt. I've seen a few on the net for high $800's but all those were brand new. Might be able to find a used one. I put 250 rounds through her today, 200 rounds of Winchester 9mm 124gr NATO and 50 rounds of Hornady 147gr XTP self-defense rounds. Love the trigger pull, almost as good as my old Kimber Ultra Carry II 1911. Overall, I'm very happy with the gun. Even carried as a CCW today without issue.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Sig certified pre-owned guns are the way to go if you're looking for one on a budget. I found my P220 with Sig Lites, perfect finish, and all new internals...for about $530. The pre-owned guns are LE turn-ins that get completely reworked at Sig, bringing them back to nearly new. Look for the garishly bright red box.

I'm negotiating for a German-made p226 through private sale right now, myself.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
Looks like I found a sweet deal here!! http://www.ombexpress.com/p_SS392.aspx Too bad they are back-ordered for another 3-4 weeks.

Edit: I just called them to order one and the $587 price is if your agency is ordering it. Individual price is $774 since Sig just increased their price from $670 last week.

I just picked up a Smith and Wesson SD 9mm.
I have always liked the feel M&P's over any other polymer pistols ive shot, but I went with the lower end SD. It feels the same as an M&P to me and the only sacrifices were the adjustable grip backs and dual mag/slide release that the M&P's feature. Not worth the ~$100 price difference to me. It also comes standard with a front night sight that the M&P's dont.

One problem I did see in the first 200 rounds (115g Federal) were 3-4 failures to load while a friend(first time shooter) was shooting the pistol. I never had this problem while I was shooting it. I told him to hold it tighter and control the recoil and after that it was flawless. Is this a problem with the gun, or should I be happy that limp-wristers cannot operate my firearm?

SLH350

pilot
Reno, sounds like he was just limp wristing it, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just got a Palmetto State Armory stripped lower, lower parts kit, Magpul MOE Stock, MOE grip, MOE Trigger Guard and buffer tube all for 210 shipped.