• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

b0pric01

pilot
This week I have picked up two EOTechs, sold my CTC 1911 grips, and am waiting on a deal to get hammered out for a Kimber stainless ultra raptor 2. Cross your fingers for me.

MasterBates

This kit followed me home from the gun show.
I already had the "Winged" lower from when we did an AW group buy a couple years back.

kit.jpg

finished.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
What's the make of the upper, and are you going to glass it or throw some BUIS on there and call it good? I have a lower sitting in my safe, waiting for me to build it up, but Daughter of Demon Spawn tends to be a bit clingy. And she's too young to be trusted with small parts yet. I'm thinking of doing a rifle length setup, but may build a carbine for the wife to shoot three gun with. She'll probably want the damn thing pink, though.

phrogpilot73

Here's what followed PSW and I back from the gun show (thanks to MB for helping us carry everything to the car):

IMGP1020.jpg

Got the upper/parts kit at the gun show + cheap Chinese knock-off holographic sight. Good enough for now, wasn't expecting to spend as much at the gun show as we did. Can't really afford an EO Tech right now... Lower came from A&P arms on the way back. Total invested? $700.

Lower is a CMMG, upper/parts kit is from Tony's Custom. Same upper company as MB's...

IMGP1024.jpg

Moisan Nagant that caught PSW's eye as she was waiting on the background check for her:

IMGP1025.jpg

Concealed carry gun... And while we were waiting for the paperwork on that, we wandered around and found what we think is the coolest gun we bought:

IMGP1021.jpg

A Persian Mauser. Pretty correct, I think the guy should have put the Farsi serial number on the paperwork instead of trying to figure out what it was...

IMGP1023.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
"Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!"

I'd also be curious how that LCP shoots. I'm looking for a CCW gun for wifey, and while I'd rather her stick to at least 9mm, I have heard some decent things about PSW's little gun. My reasoning behind 9mm, by the way is twofold: 1. It's one less caliber that I have to stock; 2. She can compete with it for practical draw/present/engage experience (straight 9mm is the lightest caliber USPSA allows).

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
My Daughter has an LCP. She has a Smith & Wesson M&P Compact and loves it but she's a small woman and the Smith is a bit large for her to carry in the summer. The LCP shoots just fine for a face gun. I ran 400 rounds thru it before I gave it to her to be sure it goes bang every time. It does. The sights are too small to be really useful but she has no problem hitting center mass rapid fire from 3-7 yards. It fits her hand better than my KelTec .32 and shoots a slighty better caliber. It looks somewhat more refined but in my mind aside from looks, it's a coin toss between the LCP and a KelTec in .380 . I think it's a useful weapon when used the way it was intended to be used. Stick it in a bad guys face, empty the weapon then run like hell.

As you already know..... the first rule of winning a gun fight is to have a gun........

"Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!"

I'd also be curious how that LCP shoots. I'm looking for a CCW gun for wifey, and while I'd rather her stick to at least 9mm, I have heard some decent things about PSW's little gun. My reasoning behind 9mm, by the way is twofold: 1. It's one less caliber that I have to stock; 2. She can compete with it for practical draw/present/engage experience (straight 9mm is the lightest caliber USPSA allows).

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
...And Rule #2 is to bring TWO guns.

I ran into a couple deputies I know at one of the local gun stores, and they were fawning over the LCP, looking for a holdout piece. They had heard good things about it, and one of them bought one to try out. I'm going to make my wife buy her own damn gun when the time comes, because I want her to take ownership of it from the start. Plus, I keep hearing horror stories about guys who 'buy their wife a gun', and then said spouse wants nothing to do with it. Carrying is a commitment in many different ways, and I don't want her to be unprepared, misinformed, or poorly trained. Now if only I could convince her to let me go to Ohio in August for the Larry Vickers/Ken Hackathorn 1911 centennial class...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I've been looking for a nice small bore gauge side-by-side for a while and my hunting buddies memory light came on last trip (hey he's 71 and gave up on gun safes a few years ago and just put a strong door on the second floor of his house - I hope that happens to me some time!) ) and said he had one of the Parker reproductions made by Winchester (at the Miroku works I believe) in the mid 80's. I didn't have the money then even then they were more than a grand and suffice to say even with the steal he gave me I still spent 4X what I did on my first car.

Here it is, a DHE grade 28 gauge choked mod and full (that may change) - whacked some preserve pheasants yesterday with it and it does the job with aplomb.

Parkerclose.jpg

Parker2.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I think we need a thread for Pug's Latest Purchase and another for the rest of us............no way in the world KelTec should ever be mentioned in the same thread containing a picture of that beautiful piece

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot

Ruger LC9 + the Gunblast.com review. I'm looking into getting one myself, as it's a slightly bigger LCP that shoots 9mm.

Bevo16

pilot
Anybody have the Sig P-238?

The reviews are very mixed and I can't decide if I really want to drop $500-$600 on one of these if it is not reliable. It sounds like they have worked a lot of the problems out since they first released the weapon a couple of years ago. The hard core sig guys are kinda pissed that they used the public for beta testing, but the word is that they have done a lot to repair what was wrong.

My Walther PPK is a sweet shooter, but the damn thing bites my hand and it's not as easily concealable as I would like. For summertime, I would like something that I can put in the pocket of some cargo shorts without walking around with plumber's crack.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
A couple of friends (husband/wife duo) took to carrying the Walther PPS last year, and they really like it. You could also consider a couple of Kahr's PM series. And there's always the S&W Airweight (with Speedstrips!) route that you could explore.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience, firsthand or otherwise, with the P238. But I do see the same ones sitting in the same gun store cases, again and again.

For summer carry, I tend to rotate around my S&W 642 and Kahr P9 (larger than the PM series, by far). Less frequently, I carry my ProCarry II Stainless in the summer, usually when I'm going someplace really unfriendly, like the New Bern Wal Mart.

banana380

pilot
Anybody have the Sig P-238?...

Never actually carried one, though they were hot shit when they first came out. Personally I'm opposed to carrying "cocked and locked" in my pocket...

My personal pocket gun is the Kel-Tec P3AT. I had one stolen, shopped around, and ended up with another one. I had the slide parkerized, and it's with me anytime I'm not going on base/drinking.

There are intermediately sized guns, I would go so far as considering the midsize Glocks feasible. On the higher end, Sig 230/232 is nice (I can't remember which but they have a model in that size range that shoots 9mm/.40 S&W.), and the PPK isn't terribly hard to conceal with the right holster (see: Comp-Tac MTAC). Lower end would include Ruger SR9c and I guess the LC9, though I haven't dealt with it personally, as well as Taurus 709; unfortunately they both have external safeties, which is a big turnoff for me on a carry gun.

And of course it's gotta feel right in your hands ;) .