• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Not exactly new for me since I have had the MATCH HBAR since 92 just never took the time to use it. It's brother has seen some use. I paid $550 each back in the day, NIB.

Not bad for a rookie at building ARs. DPMS 24" upper, Timney 2.5lb trigger, etc. Need a vertical grip.

It is already a good coyote killer; got two last week.

AR15-200082.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've read a couple informal reviews, and I'm intrigued. Especially since one of those 'reviews' was from a certifiable snake eater type, and consisted of, "That ugly little fucker is a shootin' son of a bitch." They seem to be going for MSRP (+\- about $300) on gun broker, though. Not sure that the juice is worth the ~$1400 squeeze, but it seems interesting.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/rfb/

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've read a couple informal reviews, and I'm intrigued. Especially since one of those 'reviews' was from a certifiable snake eater type, and consisted of, "That ugly little fucker is a shootin' son of a bitch." They seem to be going for MSRP (+\- about $300) on gun broker, though. Not sure that the juice is worth the ~$1400 squeeze, but it seems interesting.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor

From the looks of the video below that little toy would benefit from a 7.62 Battle Comp.

KelTec makes some "interesting" stuff. I own a P-32 face gun and a SUB2000. The P-32 looks and feels like shit but it works as good as any other face gun I've ever owned. That includes a Ruger CLP which is more refined but still just a face gun. It's very small, very easy to hide and mine is reliable with the right ammo. Stick it in someone's face pull the trigger several times and run like hell.

The SUB2000 I bought when I was in a "piss off a liberal mood". A folding 9mm carbine will do just that but it's an airsoft toy that shoots real bullets.

The RFB looks interesting at first glance to me as well.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KEL TEC ... hmmmmm ... I don't know. Airsoft on steroids ??? They've made some O.K. stuff and they've made some real dogs.

I had a PLR-16 a while back, pretty much tricked out just like this one:

keltecplr16.jpg

I couldn't put a foregrip on it (OOOPS .. and you KNOW why, too!!) so I put the Insight light/laser combo on it to functionally serve about the same purpose -- at least provide a handstop. It worked O.K., but it had a 'toy feel' and I never 'loved it' ... so I traded it for something else.

Funny thing is ... I got more for the trade-in on the PLR (I think I got what I paid for it) than I did for a collapsible stock, pretty much straight DPMS carbine ... ?? The guy said the PLR was 'hot' and he'd had several people asking for one ???

Go figure.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Yeah, it definitely looks like it has some oomph behind it, but I can't really tell how bad it is, because there seem to be some...interesting shooting techniques displayed on the interwebnet. Everything's better with Battlecomp, but that thing looks like it could really use the help. I wonder what COMMARCINCWIFE would say if she saw that show up in the safe one day... She does have her own combo, at her request, in case "some cabron tries to break in and steal [daughter]."

There are some other purchases that I need to make before I go down that road, but it's definitely interesting. Like a lot of the youtube comments, I wonder if the casing ejection ever gets fouled due to how they seem to kick into the tube, then randomly spill out?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
A4s: Novelty/hood rat/homie factor? The novelty/unique factor is what interests me, along with .308 being one of my 'common calibers' that I try to stick to.

blarged

ready
First gun purchase. Sig Mosquito 22LR. Thought it looked more fun than other 22's and can't beat the price for ammo. Seems a bit picky with ammo brands, but we'll see as it gets worn in.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Couldn't be pickier than my Ruger Mk II Target. Incredible shooting pistol, but it really likes the good stuff. And it's a certifiable bitch to take down and reassemble.

I am a fan of Sigs. I have a couple, and compete USPSA with two of them. Never shot the Mosquito, though.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
The standard gripes on the Mosquito are that they aren't built to SIG quality (I think they might be outsourced to GSG, but certainly aren't SIG manufacture) but with CCI Mini-mags, you shouldn't be able to find a difference in reliability. Give it a few hundred rounds, and hit the rails with white lithium grease. Check the box for a second set of recoil springs (later serial numbers include two sets, I'd use the lighter ones until you get adequate reliability.)

I wanted a 1911 trainer on the cheap, so I took a Ruger 22/45, stripped it, milled the sides off, drilled and tapped it for 1911 bushings, shaved the left grip to accomodate the bolt release, and came up with this:

100_6073.jpg

100_6078.jpg

It's gotta be nearing 30k rounds so far... close your eyes and it feels like a 1911. :)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Couldn't be pickier than my Ruger Mk II Target. Incredible shooting pistol, but it really likes the good stuff. And it's a certifiable bitch to take down and reassemble.

I have a beautiful very early MK II Target that I've owned for many years. Bought it new. It shoots great and there isn't a blemish on it anywhere. It's the only pistol I've ever owned that couldn't be cleaned without a paper clip.......I can take it down but putting it back together is iffy at best. Most people will tell you that the best way to clean it is not to. (with the exception of maybe using a bore snake every now and then).

Flugelman

Contributor
They are truly a bitch to re-assemble. I upgraded one of mine with a Volquartzen trigger several years ago. Took me 3+ hours and I'm pretty good with weapons. I was ready to shitcan the whole thing. A great shooter, though...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
When I first bought mine, I called Ruger with a technical question. The guy answered my question, then offered to buy the gun from me. Something about the eagles that sparked his interest, bur I never really had time to delve into it further. I declined, and it remains in the stable here. The local range has a .22 only steel section, and that thing is a blast to use there.

blarged

ready
with CCI Mini-mags, you shouldn't be able to find a difference in reliability.

Mini-mags have been great, no issues. I did buy a bulk 550 rounds Federal box and took it to the range. Full magazine with 10 rounds, the first 2 or 3 guaranteed won't eject properly. But if I load 9 federals with 1 mini-mag to start the magazine, 10 out no issues. I'm at the early learning stages with the mosquito (and guns in general) but if I had to guess, I'd think that the federals worked best when the gun is a little heated up from the previous round which is the reason why the first few in a full federal magazine would be the only duds.