• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I love mine. About 500 flawless rounds through it. My Glock 36 had all sorts of issues so it replaced it. I still carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 as my CCW but the this XD9 sc is a great little gun.

I really wish I would have gone with one of the sub-compact models. I'm now stuck with a pistol I can't really conceal very well.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
What sorts of issues did you have with your G36? I've completely used and abused mine for about a year now and over 1000 rounds without a single issue or malfunction. I love mine. Congrats on the XD9. I really liked the one I got to put some rounds through.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
My Glock 36 had all sorts of issues so it replaced it..

Man I hated mine too! What a worthless pistol. I shoot a pistol well and have never had problems with any other pistol, until that G36...FTFeed/Fire constantly. Thought it was me (poor grip, etc) so I'd hand it to another shooter...same issues. Finally sold it and never looked back. Like my XD45, LOVE my 92FS. :) Better to hit someone three times with 9mm than miss them 10 with a .45. ;)

CAMike

None
Contributor
LOVE the G36. Over 600 rounds so far and no FTF or FTE's. I reload 230grain Montana Golds to 840 to 870FPS with Alliant Power Pistol. 100 rounds of Fed +p HST's with no issues either. Early G36's had some issues but newer one's supposedly function better. Mine is less than 1 yr. old and flawless. (I had to balance the G36 dislike crowd.)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Not really that big of a Glock fan, but I do own a G22 (Gen 2). The stock trigger was shit, so I replaced it and a few other components. Now I have a fast, fast G22 that has a very light, very crisp trigger with no overtravel. And the Ameriglo sights make acquisition much easier. Still, I can't get around the ergonomics.

One of these days, I'm going to get around to putting up some pics of my more recent purchases, including the Glock. Oh well.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Not really that big of a Glock fan, but I do own a G22 (Gen 2). The stock trigger was shit, so I replaced it and a few other components. Now I have a fast, fast G22 that has a very light, very crisp trigger with no overtravel. And the Ameriglo sights make acquisition much easier. Still, I can't get around the ergonomics.

One of these days, I'm going to get around to putting up some pics of my more recent purchases, including the Glock. Oh well.

I love my Glock model 22. The trigger was the only complaint that I had as well. I have a customer that is a certified Glock armorer and for free he swapped out the stock trigger for a 3.5lb match trigger that he had. I also had the stock sights replaced with the trijicon night sights.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Did you swap the stock tigger for a Ghost? I went with that, vice the Rocket, based on the scary short travel on it. If your friend is a certified Glock armorer, I'm sure he swapped the springs, too. For some reason, there seems to be a misconception around here that, if you install a 3.5 lb trigger bar, it gives you a 3.5 lb trigger pull. In reality, you have to swap out the springs too, as the Ghost lowers the pull to around 4.5 lb alone.

I also replaced the backplate with a machined one, and installed a larger magazine release.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Did you swap the stock tigger for a Ghost? I went with that, vice the Rocket, based on the scary short travel on it. If your friend is a certified Glock armorer, I'm sure he swapped the springs, too. For some reason, there seems to be a misconception around here that, if you install a 3.5 lb trigger bar, it gives you a 3.5 lb trigger pull. In reality, you have to swap out the springs too, as the Ghost lowers the pull to around 4.5 lb alone.

I also replaced the backplate with a machined one, and installed a larger magazine release.

Don't get me lying to you. All I know is that I was talking with him at my work after I shot it for the first time and mentioned that the trigger pull was my only complaint with the weapon. He said it was easily fixed, offered to install the match trigger and I haven't looked back.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Got it, no lyin'. Regardless, I think it's hard to make the factory Glock trigger worse, so if you like how it shoots, who cares? I actually like the crispness of the Ghost, sans springs, but I'm too lazy to change it back. Not that it takes much time or effort, mind you. I'm just that lazy. Maybe I'll head to the range today and convince myself to swap it back. That, and try out my new 930 SPX, which has been trying to burn its way out of my safe for over a month now.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Got it, no lyin'. Regardless, I think it's hard to make the factory Glock trigger worse, so if you like how it shoots, who cares? I actually like the crispness of the Ghost, sans springs, but I'm too lazy to change it back. Not that it takes much time or effort, mind you. I'm just that lazy. Maybe I'll head to the range today and convince myself to swap it back. That, and try out my new 930 SPX, which has been trying to burn its way out of my safe for over a month now.

I've had good luck with Glock's version a 3.5 lb trigger. Drop in factory parts.

I have a 930 SPX too. It's a great weapon. I have an early barrel that shoots a bit high because of the front sight height. I haven't bothered to send it in to Mossy for the fix because it shoots so well otherwise. Plus I stuck a cheapo red dot sight on it that works like a champ.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
PB130007.JPGPB130003.JPGPB130002.JPGPB130005.JPGPB130004.JPG

Some recent, if not necessarily the latest, purchases from my armory. Well, I guess the Bulgarian qualifies as the latest. In no particular order:

-Arsenal Co. (the Bulgarian one, not the one in Vegas) SA-93, with it's horrid thumbhole stock that's going to be leaving us soon for some different furniture.

-Remington VTR in .308, also with furniture that will be leaving us, once it arrives via UPS. Still undecided on the glass, though.

-Sig 229 SAS in 9mm on top of my buddy-produced Kydex holster for it. A whole summer of competitions, practices and carry have broken the piston in nicely. (The holster's just a bit big for summer carry.)

-Mossberg 930 SPX, still smelling of powder after a range trip this morning.

-S&W Performance Center 625. The grips are absolute shit, but I have another set waiting in the garage. One of the nicer triggers I've ever shot, wheelgun or otherwise. It also doesn't like all kinds of moonclips, as the spacing to the rear of the cylinder only allows for narrower ones.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
New Stick

Now that my rug-rats are out on their own I'm culling my weapon collection a bit. I can't shoot them all by myself. Where I can, I'm trading numbers for quality. I just sold two beater ARs so that I could build one new one. Lately I've been shooting mostly KISS type ARs but I added a few bells and whistles to this one.

Specs are:
BCM Mid-length Upper with:
MOE hand guard
Magpul AFG2 (angled fore grip)
BattleComp brake (thanks for the heads up gaijin)
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
Aimpoint T-1 on a Larue lower 1/3rd co-witness mount
DD BUIS
Noveske N4 Lower with:
Colt lower parts kit
MOE pistol grip
Magpul enhanced trigger guard
SOPMOD butt stock

I love the cheek weld you get with the SOPMOD. The T-1/Larue combination is unbeatable. The DD BUIS is simple, rugged and effective as either a stand alone rear sight or BUIS. BCM uppers are as good as you can buy for almost any price. The AFG2 gives me a solid grip but it's going to take a bit of getting used to. It's cheap, so if I don't like it I'll just go back to using nothing.

What I'm most looking forward to trying out is the combination of the mid-length upper, a BattleComp break and maybe an H2 buffer. This should be one sweet, soft shooting and easy to control weapon.

Attachments

• P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010015.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    938.4 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
If I may add to the Battlecomp fury: They have a 7.62 version in the works, and there are rumors of possible other versions to come. Now if only I can get my buddy to stop. Buying all of them before I get a chance to.

Nice rifle, and I think you're right about her being a beauty to shoot.

Edit: Just out of curiousity, do you think you have the AFG far enough forward to bring into play like those ninjas at Magpul advertise? I have one sitting in the box-o-parts, but haven't used it, based on a recommendation that the benefits with an M4 length rifle are, pun intended, hit or miss.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Edit: Just out of curiousity, do you think you have the AFG far enough forward to bring into play like those ninjas at Magpul advertise? I have one sitting in the box-o-parts, but haven't used it, based on a recommendation that the benefits with an M4 length rifle are, pun intended, hit or miss.

I have it as far forward as the middy 9" MOE handguard will allow and I'm pretty sure that isn't far enough. I think a carbine's 7" handguard is to short for the AFG to be useful at all. I believe a lot of those Magpul guys are running 12" rails on mid-length weapons and sticking the AFG way the hell out there. I'm not going to do that. I'll extend the stock out further than usual to see if that helps. My gut tells me I'll end up with a stubby vert grip or nothing when all is said and done.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Latest purchase ???

I've been lusting after Commie weaps lately ... funny, as I sold off all of mine 15+ years ago ... but with skilled & clever planning that IS the hallmark of a 'real pilot', at least I can now buy them back at a 300% premium ...

But anyway, we're talkin' ... AK's ... SVD's ... Yugo M57's ... stuff like that.

When they 'bury us' .. at least I'll be ready for membership in the Commie Rod & Gun Club. :)