• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
I was reading a copy of combat handgunner I had picked up at work and it had some very good ratings for the XDM.

acwildcat

pilot
Took the XDM out today and it performed absolutely flawlessly. I ran 200 rounds through her and didnt have a single problem. The sights were dead on and she shot a very nice tight group even when i shot at 30 yards.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Got in contact with my dad, he can't figure out how to use the scanner so I'll have to scan it when I'm visiting.

The picture shows a group of pilots including my father's friend who is holding the m1 carbine with a couple of corsairs behind them. The back of the photo says "Merry Christmas from Peleliu."

My dad says that the pilot picked up the m1 on the island of Peleliu and decided to keep it with him. After the war the pilot was involved in Arizona state politics and became a state senator. He became friends with my grandfather and father. The pilot was part of VMF 114, which I didn't know the significance of until I used google.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Teaser: She'll be here soon...

Coming home this September from GAP

dmrm14.jpg

sodajones

Combat Engineer
DMR rifle built by George Gardner at G.A. Precision
LRB Receiver
Mike Rock medium weight DMR contour barrel 1:12
TRW trigger group
TRW bolt
TRW op rod
USGI flash hider
SA gas cylinder
USGI rear sight
Smith Enterprise, INC. scope mount, M14 Scope Mount, Wire EDM, NSN 5855-01-506-5750
McMillan M2A OD stock with optional saddle cheekpiece and spacer system.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Very nice. On a side note: Jones Soda is awesome stuff. Use it to wash down some Tim's Cascade chips and I'm good to go.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Wow. That rifle is ALL business. I'd love to see some target paper with some handloads after you get her broken in.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Oh I can't wait. Unfortunately, I probably won't have her in time to develop a decent hunting load for my big deer hunt in mid-September so I'm just going to use my remington. She'll be dandy though and I'll use her for everything. My dad thinks I'm crazy to take her hunting with that stock and scope since the whole package will weigh around 13-14 pounds loaded; but hell, I'm use to strong-arming the 240 around, this'll be cake.

And thanks for the Pac NW reference, XJ220. My goal is to mimic the old farts and have a home in both Oregon and Northern Arizona and I'll migrate depending on the season once I get out of the military. On the plus side, both states have pretty good gun laws and allow automatic weapons, suppressors, etc.

What can I say, I'm just trying to live the dream...full of toys and manatee free. I'll have more pics of the rifle when they're emailed to me this weekend.

Bevo16

pilot
I am going to deer hunt with my M1A as well. I my just have to go old school and hunt with open sights this year as Ultimak is dragging their ass getting this rail/handguard:
M8.jpg

M8inst.jpg

...developed for medium weight barrels. I am going to combine it with this mount from Larue:

P1011738.JPG

And spin the mount around backward to get the proper eye relief.

I just think that the screw in scope mounts for the M1A looks like crap.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Bevo, do you have the SS barrel on yours? I really like that pic rail/handguard---it'd look really good on my all black rifle.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
It is a beautiful thing. Just beautiful.

Is having a sexual response to a firearm sick in any way?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
BEVO how long have you had your Ultimak on order? (or are you watching to see when they are back in stock?) Edited to say I just saw the Med barrel part. I remember you looking into that some time ago. You'd think that with as many Med weight barrels as their are out there they would have come up with a new offering my now.

I keep meaning to order one for my M1A but haven't yet. If I had one I'd have to buy glass and my fun fund is really suckin wind this month. I've sure enjoyed the one I have on my AK. Makes it a different weapon for those of us that can't see the front sight post anymore.

Bevo16

pilot
@C240

Don't know what you mean by "SS". I have the medium weight barrel from the SA Loaded M-1A. I don't have the specs in front of me because I am in Seattle, but I think it is 22inches and 1:11 twist.

@rocketman,

I have been calling the folks at Ultimak every couple of months since I got my rifle. They said that they only have 1 R&D guy and he is working on a mount for the garand right now, and the medium weight M1A mount is next. Should be by the end of the year. I want to get glass on it to deer hunt, but I am running out of time. I may just end up hunting with open sights this year. Not optimal, but I am comfortable out to 200 yards. With my luck, a big ass buck will get to 300 yards and just sit there.