• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

phrogpilot73

My guess is that you or someone you know has already visited this site but just in case I'm wrong.

For all things Saiga http://forum.saiga-12.com/
After many a 2:30 meeting, we've sat in the MO's office pouring over ideas, parts, suppliers, etc.. We've been to saiga-12 and then some...

Great deal for anyone considering. The MO wanted me to do most of the work (not because he didn't want to, but because he wanted me to learn). Then he realized that I'm better with computers/google searches than I am with metal work. We fell into our roles quite nicely.

I don't have any magazines yet (that's the MO's 40 round that he lent me), or ammo (the MO lent me the magazine with 40 rounds in it, and is expecting it back empty), but that will be rectified shortly...

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I don't have any magazines yet ...

There are a thousand places to buy AK mags of course but AIM has some slightly used Romanian mags that have worked great for me. (never used them in a Saiga though).

On the off chance your AK fails to go bang when you pull the trigger you can always beat the hell out of the bad guy with one of these mags. They are rugged as hell.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Surplus_Steel_30rd_7.62x39_Magazine_for_AK_type_Rifles.html

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
40 rounds!?! You'd better watch out, with all those extra bullets in that high capacity mag you might go ballistic and shoot 10 extra people!

sickboy

pilot
M1 Carbine

I just got a new carbine from CMP. It's matching Feb, 1945 production. I couldn't be happier...except when I picked it up out of the box the rear sight fell off!! Does anyone know of a way to attach it back on? Welding just doesn't seem like a good idea.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
The rear peep sights are peened into place, IIRC.

That's a job for a competent gunsmith, unless you want some sloppy divots in your nice new Carbine.

Is it one of the former Italian Carbines? Manufacturer?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I concur w/ Hacker, I'm sure a good gunsmith would be able to help you out. Also try calling the CMP customer service, they are pretty helpful if you can get through.

What make is your Carbine? My Inland is 1944.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
The CMP forum is very active as well. You may find comfort there.

I used to have an M1 Carbine until I let my daughter shoot it. If I ever see it again I'm going to steal it back.

(Be sure you are sitting down when you price ammo for it.)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I just got a new carbine from CMP....I couldn't be happier...except when I picked it up out of the box the rear sight fell off!! ....
Which rear sight do you have??? I'm guessin' the one on the right w/a 1945 production date:

m1rearsights.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Get it while you can. There is not much left.

Good thing I followed my own advice and sat down before I hit that url. I'm on CMP's waiting list at half that price but I've been waiting for a couple of months........a bird in the hand. Nobody else has it in stock cheaper that's for sure.

AIM had some in stock at a reasonable price a week or so ago. I slept on it and it was gone before morning.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
The M1 I have has the rear sight on the left. Is that the original sight design?

I believe that is correct but I'm no Carbine expert. The sights on the right kind of remind me of the updated rear sight that was added to the WW I Springfield 03 design to make them into the 03 A3 version used in WW II.