• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
SS = Stainless Steel.

I'm just confused as to what you mean by "medium weight". Is that the normal USGI profile? I've seen some Loaded M1A's come from the factory with stainless barrels and they look heavier than stock, so that's why I asked.

Bevo16

pilot
The national match medium weight barrel is larger, heavier, and has a larger outside diameter than the standard weight USGI profile. That is why the "standard weight" mounts will not fit. I did not get the stainless steel barrel.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
@C240
They said that they only have 1 R&D guy and he is working on a mount for the garand right now, and the medium weight M1A mount is next. Should be by the end of the year. I want to get glass on it to deer hunt, but I am running out of time. I may just end up hunting with open sights this year. Not optimal, but I am comfortable out to 200 yards. With my luck, a big ass buck will get to 300 yards and just sit there.

Wow a scout mount on a Garand? Not sure what I think about that. At least people won't be drilling holes in Garand receivers that way.

No matter. With a good trigger and that skinny front sight post you are good to go. Mucho bragging right's for taking a deer with irons.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
An Addition to our Family

Just before we PCSed out of JAX, we adopted a new member of our family... S&W .357 revolver

She's actually pretty cute. She takes .38 rounds.

We don't have any video, but I shot my first firearm out at our friends' farm in western IL. Pickle put 4 .38 rounds in and then 2 .357 rounds in. I did the first 4 with minimum issue (even got close to the can at like 20 yds). Hit that first .357 and wasn't prepared for the kick. Scared the ever lovin' SHIT out of me. I handed it to Pickle's buddy, while saying, "I don't like it..."

Guess we're doing .38 rounds if I have to handle the ol' girl.

Totally not as intimidated of it as I thought I would be.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Revolvers are a great choice for a bomb proof self defense weapon and .38 rounds are great for practice. Lot's of people develop a healthy flinch after touching off .357 rounds in a light handgun though. Sometimes a medium frame is easier to shoot than a small frame. What model Smith did you guys get?

Have Pickle go thru the ball and dummy drill with you every now and then. That will help.......

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Magnum rounds are more fun, but the .38 is easier to be accurate with for sure (at least for me)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
What model is it? Barrel length?

I'm to the point where I won't shoot magnums out of snubbies. Or those Airweights. It's just not worth it. Far less painful to load .38 SPL +P and train to a good double tap.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'm looking at making an addition to my toys collection soon (most likely when I get back from deployment). Looking at the Remington 870 Express Tactical.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
What model is it? Barrel length?

I'm to the point where I won't shoot magnums out of snubbies. Or those Airweights. It's just not worth it. Far less painful to load .38 SPL +P and train to a good double tap.
Uhhhh.... It's a S&W .357 and it makes a loud noise...

Better ask pickle, if you want more info than that!
:D

p.s. xj220... you can get a new toy, as long as you don't have your movers move it for you! :p

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I'd be laughing if it wasn't true. Luckily the movers here are very helpful with the claims process.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I'd be laughing if it wasn't true. Luckily the movers here are very helpful with the claims process.

Regardless of what they tell you, make sure and get all the claims forms stamped by PSD. They gave me some crap about not taking them anymore, but not that I'm in my final appeals process, they're telling me I had to have them stamped.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Some pictures of the new addition...nice to be in an open carry state...

S&W .357 Mag K frame-stainless steel
3" Barrel 6 shot, wood grip...
Model 65-1 made between 1974-1977
Weighs about 2 pounds...
Bought the revolver from a buddy in FL for $300 cash, saves paperwork problems...
Picked up the molded holster at Scheels in Iowa

Pickle

fngpatch005.jpg

fngpatch006.jpg

fngpatch007.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
K-Frame very very nice! Not too small not too big.

Some good grips will help keep her on her best behavior.