• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Oilcover

Costumed aggressor
pilot
My first handgun

It's a Smith & Wesson SW990L two-tone, basically a Walther P99 with the "Quick Action" trigger, but $200 cheaper. I've put a hundred rounds of el-cheapo Wolf through it so far with no failures (although spent casings do tend to hit me in the face). Accuracy is strictly shooter limited. The trigger pull isn't the best DAO striker type I've experienced, but it's good and usable. It's also long enough with enough weight that I'll feel comfortable carrying it. The ergonomics fit my hand pretty well. Sights are classic three dot.

The obligatory gun pr0n:

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

The attack cat was extra, but she came with spare fangs.
IMG_0412.jpg

ryan1234

Be careful with that steelcase ammo... That stuff is ok for a surplus rifle but bad news for continued use in a defensive use weapon. Plus it's really dirty...so is that Winchester white box crap.

Oilcover

Costumed aggressor
pilot
Be careful with that steelcase ammo... That stuff is ok for a surplus rifle but bad news for continued use in a defensive use weapon. Plus it's really dirty...so is that Winchester white box crap.

Are you talking about the wearing out your extractor issue? I bought a 500 round pack. I'm pretty confident I can at least get away with finishing that off if I clean regularly.

ryan1234

Are you talking about the wearing out your extractor issue? I bought a 500 round pack. I'm pretty confident I can at least get away with finishing that off if I clean regularly.

I've read about it a few times... but I actually saw it at the range a few weeks ago. A guy was using a M&P...A chambered round was fired, I guess it expanded and it would not eject - broke the extractor off (!). I think it has to do with that poly coating on there heating up.

I've used it in my AK with no problem... but I don't think there was a coating on the ammo I used.

Here is a picture from a Kel-tec using Wolf:

Picture272.jpg

Picture268.jpg