• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
photo.JPG

New to me AR.

-BCM upper and BCG
-Bushmaster lower
-G&R LPK
-Magpul MOE furniture and rear BUIS
-Some odd Truglo front sight
-Model 1 Sales 16" heavy profile barrel (probable replacement)
-Eotech 552 (casing's a bit dinged, but the glass is good)

Not a bad deal overall.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
New purchase??? Mmmm, feddoc like. Kel-Tec .22 WMR Reminds me, slightly, of the two Grendel P30s I have.
http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pmr-30/

b_15d179e7dd7ca525dc1c44dda16dcdf9PMR4.jpg

Well DUH! No wonder they look alike. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Kellgren (Founder of Kel-Tec)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grendel_P30 Same guy; designer of the Grendel.

1582037398_288
Comes with a threaded barrel. :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My new toy. About 1200 rounds through it, though not all trouble free. I think the biggest culprit is the included 10 round mag that came with it, as the other two 25 round mags are extracting pretty well now. It's not a fan of that lower, either, but it was on their temporarily during the picture. It seems to like a G&R kit better than Spike's. Pretty damn accurate for a .22, though.

Attachments

• NC22.aimpoint1.resize.jpg
    NC22.aimpoint1.resize.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 49

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I mentioned in jboomer's personal carry thread that I picked up a Glock 17 Gen 3 with RTF2 grips a week or two ago. $450 out the door, and I wish I would have gotten COMMARCINCWIFE approval to pick a couple more, as hey were priced to move. Maybe not a couple more G17s, but maybe at least one more, along with a couple other flavors.

The intent is for the G17 to be her USPSA gun, and she's been practicing with it pretty regularly, building muscle memory with dry firing, reloads, drawing, clearing malfunctions, etc. We've only made it to the range twice with it, but she's coming around nicely. She feels, however, (and I agree) that she's not quite ready for competition yet. A little more work on the fundamentals will pay dividends down the line.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.. I picked up a Glock 17 Gen 3 with RTF2 grips...
Any thoughts on the merits/demerits of GLOCK Gen 3 vs Gen 4 in any caliber ???

I know the differences ... just want to hear the why's & wherefore's of personal preferences.

SL frame as well ... ??? Experience or preferences??

Anyone?? Anyone??? Bueller??

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've heard of some issues with the Gen 4 guns, rumored to be caused by the slight differences between them and the Gen 3's. For this purchase, though, it simply came down to price. The retailer in question (not really local, but relatively nearby) was trying to unload a good number of Gen 3's at the gun show I was at, and they were going for about $100 less out the door than the Gen 4 prices before tax. If I could have found either a Gen 2, or a used gun that wasn't beat to shit there, I would have opted for that, as I probably could have gotten an even better price. But this being eastern NC, my local purchasing options tend to be limited at times.

ETA: The RTF2 texture was also appealing, as it gave me a couple options (straight RTF2, slightly sanded RTF2, or homemade stippled) of grip style to best suit my wife's preferences. She's already said that she doesn't like the RTF2, so we'll try sanding to ease it out a bit. If not, I'll be spending some time in the garage with the soldering iron...again.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
My newest purchase, a brand new Gen 3 Glock 19. Already put a couple hundred rounds through her and she works like a charm, like a Gen 3 Glock should!!! Then again, my Glock 36 was a POS and it went bye-bye after 500 rounds or so but that's the chance you take with the small frame .45's.

glock2.jpg

Next to my favorite CCW, my XD9 sub-compact which has around 3,500 rounds through it with ammo of all types. It finally had one ammo failure the other day, a light strike on a round...extracted it, kept shooting, put it back in and it fired.

glock1.jpg

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Next to my favorite CCW, my XD9 sub-compact which has around 3,500 rounds through it with ammo of all types. It finally had one ammo failure the other day, a light strike on a round...extracted it, kept shooting, put it back in and it fired.

[/IMG]

Had my eye on an XD for a while. Not to clog up the thread, but how is the XD sub for carry? My two full size pistols are a little too clunky to work well for concealed

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Had my eye on an XD for a while. Not to clog up the thread, but how is the XD sub for carry? My two full size pistols are a little too clunky to work well for concealed

I love the XD9 sub-compact but it is a little thick (that's what she said :icon_tong). I have a leather Desante belt holster that keeps it tucked tight to my said when I carry. The Glock 19 is about the same actually but lengthwise, a bit more difficult to conceal. I've carried my Sig P226 but it's too uncomfortable and too heavy to carry around, at least for me and I'm 6' 220lbs.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Any thoughts on the merits/demerits of GLOCK Gen 3 vs Gen 4 in any caliber ???

I would not necessarily pay a premium for a Gen 3 vs Gen 4, that said the Gen 4 grip texture is excellent as is the enlarged, reversible magazine release. Multiple back straps are nice but as well but the pin design and tool set up is not as nice as the SW M&P.

Some say the two stage recoil spring results in softer felt recoil but I don't notice it.

Biggest features - the mag release and the new grip texture - both genuinely useful improvements on an already excellent firearm

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I would not necessarily pay a premium for a Gen 3 vs Gen 4, that said the Gen 4 grip texture is excellent as is the enlarged, reversible magazine release. Multiple back straps are nice but as well but the pin design and tool set up is not as nice as the SW M&P.

Some say the two stage recoil spring results in softer felt recoil but I don't notice it.

Biggest features - the mag release and the new grip texture - both genuinely useful improvements on an already excellent firearm

I shot both the Gen 3 and 4 at the range and couldn't tell a difference. I know there has been some issue with the Gen 4 and of course I had a lemon Glock 36 so I was slightly hesitant. However, being I got a brand new Gen 3 for at least $100 less than a Gen 4, I went with what was proven and cheaper. I'm an XD fanboy as well, I had an XD 3.8 9mm on order but went with the G19 only because it was easier to conceal due to the shorter handle. I love XD's and how they shoot, my subcompact is an incredible little gun. Only my Kimber UC II was better in terms of ergonomics but I wouldn't carry a gun in which you never knew when the next FTE was going to occur.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone have any experience with the Sig P250? I'm looking at it in Subcompact, and like the idea of the modularity, but I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet. I'm thinking I'll go over to shooters and see if they've got one I can play with tomorrow. The devil woman went shopping with her mom and dropped some benjamins, so there is minimal pushback against adding to my collection...now is the time to strike.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Does anyone have any experience with the Sig P250? I'm looking at it in Subcompact, and like the idea of the modularity, but I haven't had a chance to shoot one yet. I'm thinking I'll go over to shooters and see if they've got one I can play with tomorrow. The devil woman went shopping with her mom and dropped some benjamins, so there is minimal pushback against adding to my collection...now is the time to strike.

I shot one a couple years ago and was not impressed. In fact, it was my least favorite pistol I've fired. It really felt nothing like the metal SIGs, the trigger pull was terrible, and the only redeeming feature was the modularity.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The more research I do, the less interested I am in that gun. Trigger complaints seem to be first and foremost.