• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
The devil woman went shopping with her mom and dropped some benjamins, so there is minimal pushback against adding to my collection...now is the time to strike.

I vote for escalation. She buys a purse, you buy a 1911. She buys new furniture, you buy a new sub-1/4 MOA rifle and scope. We can't let them win...

Flugelman

Contributor
I vote for escalation. She buys a purse, you buy a 1911. She buys new furniture, you buy a new sub-1/4 MOA rifle and scope. We can't let them win...

A fed LEO I know had his wife tell him "Sure honey, buy that crotch rocket you are lusting after." So he did. She then went out and bought herself a new Miata convertible. We still remind him about it, ten years later. Works both ways , I guess.:icon_tong

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I bought an LC9 today. The pistol, an extra magazine (Ruger only gives you one...the only downside so far) and 2 boxes of personal defense ammo out the door (sort of...gotta go back on thursday and pick it up...damn waiting periods) for less than 380 bucks. Winning!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s... Will you adopt me? At least include me in the will?
No ... not the will. YET. You have not proven yourself "worthy" as of yet ...

Adoption, however ??? Send the application. I HAVE NEEDS & WANTS that an indentured "person" might be able to address ...

The 'will' shall follow ...

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
I bought an LC9 today. The pistol, an extra magazine (Ruger only gives you one...the only downside so far) and 2 boxes of personal defense ammo out the door (sort of...gotta go back on thursday and pick it up...damn waiting periods) for less than 380 bucks. Winning!

I've been looking at getting one of those as well. Don't supposed you'd be nice enough to post a range report after you break in the new toy?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm heading to the desert for a short summer vacation, so I may not have much time after I pick it up to go play with it.

That'll just give me time to order loads of 9mm, I suppose, but yea, I'll put some pictures up if I'm not too ashamed of my groups.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Uh, A4s? Your creepy old man factor just went waaay up. Just sayin'...

But how about we trade for some latin chicas to help with your 'wants & needs'? I have connections, and can get em cheap. They may have a few hidden blades though, but that comes with the territory.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Uh, A4s? Your creepy old man factor just went waaay up. Just sayin'...
But how about we trade for some latin chicas to help with your 'wants & needs'? I have connections, and can get em cheap. They may have a few hidden blades though, but that comes with the territory.

I thought that was half the fun of dating the latinas?

EDIT: Apparently, this was my Thousandth Post. Go me.:D

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
LWRC M6A3 5.56, 14.7 in OD Green Cerakote.
-Aimpoint T-1 on Larue mount
-Larue FUG
-Fenix TK12 on VLTOR Scout QD
-Fenix remote replacement cap with tailcap actuation
-Magpul EMAG in OD Green

Ordered the LWRC from http://www.lafirearms.com/. 1900 shipped. Ask for CJ.

M6A3.jpg

lwrc2.jpg

larue.jpg

fenix.jpg

red_dot.jpg

aimpoint_2-1.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
You have gotten really good at self-stitching stab wounds?

You know, I had this exact conversation with the cleaning lady earlier today. But yeah, I might as well be a ER doc. You should have seen me in the DMOC (live--mostly--pig 'patient' combat lifesaver course) course.

Back to guns, though...

How's the overall quality on that LWRC? I've heard mixed reviews from some of the, "I shoot 12,000 rounds in a weekend," crowd. Any issues with carrier tilt?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Just got it today, so I'll let you know. Initial impression is good.

I have an earlier LWRC piston upper and haven't had any problem with it, carrier tilt, or otherwise. Then again I may not have more than 1000 rounds thru it over maybe 3 years or so. In mine they handled carrier tilt with a bolt carrier that is a little thicker in diameter at the end where it enters the buffer tube. Hard to explain but I'll post a picture later tonite when I have more time.

Dawgfan when you have time could you post a pic of your bolt carrier (not the bolt end but the back end) I'd be interesed to see how much if any they have changed the design.