• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Lonestar155

is good to go
whitesoxnation. Were you in Alpha Co Class 198. If so I witnessed it and it was hilarious. Talk about 1 arm distance from staff. Photographer was practically standing on his shoulders.

swoulter

they were annoying

one time PTI was talking to us, and one of the photographers got up on his table..... shoulda seen PTI's face, thought he was going to roundhouse kick him straight off

Man, our PTI was bad a. Your were in Alpha Company right?

* Just noticed the post above mine. What Plt were both you in?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Ha...I was in that video a few times. I saw a few people I hadn't thought about in a long time.

swoulter

Well at least we got the concept of drill down. :icon_tong You have to admit though, our gong show act, the one with the camera with the major giving a tour of ocs was some funny stuff.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Well at least we got the concept of drill down. :icon_tong You have to admit though, our gong show act, the one with the camera with the major giving a tour of ocs was some funny stuff.

yeah, that was hilarious... "my LRCs and my ULEs and my SULEs and my MREs and my FEXS and my STEXES and my etc..." or however it went was great

VMICadetJNA

5th platoon huh, who is this mystery poster?

But yeah, I want a copy of that video, those cameras were all up in my shit during LRC II, and especially during my debrief, with harsh critisicms and all...frickin royalties out the a--

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm sure the Marines will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they have Staff Instructors at Marine Corps OCS, rather than Drill Instructors.

All of the platoon staff, except for the plt cmdr himself are DIs who have done at least one tour on the drill fields at either PI or San Diego. They are just not referred to as such in OCS, and don't wear the accompanying campaign cover.

Veovis

PRO REC SNA!
OCC vs. Boot Camp

Soo... I've spent hours pouring over the descriptions of OCC trying to adjust my workouts etc. I was wondering, since all my Marine friends are enlisted, how does OCS compare (if at all) to their experiences? From their stories, Boot sucks, but the attrition rate doesn't seem anywhere near as high so I'm guessing OCC is far more demanding...