• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Been there man. On one of the 5 or 6 mile runs, most of us had stopped sweating and the sweat on our shirts had all evaporated. I was seeing flashing colors and really can't recall the last mile or so, but we all finished. Don't know how "safe" it was, but nothing like getting that close to heat stroke to really learn something about yourself. Priceless education.

there hasn't been anything close to that so far. this coming week is probably going to be the toughest so far with a couple graded PT events and SULE II.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Just got done with week 7 yesterday... bicouved on tuesday, 9 mile hump on friday, then did SULE II on saturday. Suprised they had us do SULE II this early, but they have to run Bravo and Delta companies through.... probably 2x the amount of OCC/PLC candidates here that they normally have

anyways... some kid got caught taking pictures with the flash on near dusk at the bivouc......

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I remember doing SULE I in Srs. on a particularely hot day. My fireteam was on of the last to go, so it was at least 1000 when we started and climbing into black flag conditions. By the time I got back to the showers i was in a daze. I ran into a buddy of mine who was in Charlie company (I was in Golf).... he would later say that I look dazed and confused as I washed my muddy cammies... I know that I had stopped sweating about half way into it...... bad news. But hey, its all part of the fun!

T

Txwelder

I know the Quantico heat has to be bad in the summer, but how is it in the winter? The cold can fool you as far as hydration, I just wonder how many fall out of events due to heat in the cooler months? Good gouge on this topic. Keep it coming and keep kicking ass!

The Cow

pilot
I know the Quantico heat has to be bad in the summer, but how is it in the winter?

The Quantico heat is rather tolerable in winter. Seriously though, doing squad tactics in August sucked, but it was nowhere near as bad as our 3-Day War in January when were were required to dig fighting holes in the frozen ground while wearing Mickey Mouse boots. No, I don't harbor a lot of nostalgia for the ticks, humps, or "change the word" drills. And my TBS Company Commander was a rather reasonable guy: Captain (Major Sel) Jim T. Conway.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
The Quantico heat is rather tolerable in winter. Seriously though, doing squad tactics in August sucked, but it was nowhere near as bad as our 3-Day War in January when were were required to dig fighting holes in the frozen ground while wearing Mickey Mouse boots. No, I don't harbor a lot of nostalgia for the ticks, humps, or "change the word" drills. And my TBS Company Commander was a rather reasonable guy: Captain (Major Sel) Jim T. Conway.

Wow. Mind if I ask what the 3-Day War was like? We step off for FEX III, the final field exercise save for Convoy and MOUT, on Monday. It'd be interesting to compare/contrast how times have changed/stayed the same.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Wow. Mind if I ask what the 3-Day War was like? We step off for FEX III, the final field exercise save for Convoy and MOUT, on Monday. It'd be interesting to compare/contrast how times have changed/stayed the same.

The Cow was in TBS when they wore white t-shirts with their cammies and carried M-14s. His gouge on TBS is even older than mine. The current Commandant was one of his Captains, and he was the CO of TBS (Colonel) when I was in TBS.

Your mileage WILL vary......:D

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
The Cow was in TBS when they wore white t-shirts with their cammies and carried M-14s. His gouge on TBS is even older than mine. The current Commandant was one of his Captains, and he was the CO of TBS (Colonel) when I was in TBS.

WOW - that makes the COW almost as old as I am

So you don't sweep a Viet village during the 3 day war anymore?:D

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot

Oh, of that I am certain! I just thought it'd be interesting to hear how TBS used to be.