• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Rasczak

Marine
Not everyone does either. I don't, though I am working up to it.
I know what was keeping me out, should be fixed now.
From what I've heard, OCS is physically demanding. A friend of mine just commissioned in May. He was PTAD with my OSA and he was telling me about OCS. Not everyone goes ready, your gonna pay for it. If you don't go absolutely prepared, it doesnt matter so long as you want it and don't get horribly hurt. When I was at boot, I got hurt. I was the guide though so I refused to go to medical to get patched up. Didn't wanna lose my billet. Paid off in the end. Then again, my injury wasn't that bad. It's pretty healed up now. Do want you can, work slow and build up to it. Don't overdo it and injure yourself before you go. You'll be good.

Vheissu171

OCS Lengths

I am COMPLETELY new to all of this, but I am definitely wanting to be an officer in the Marine Corps. I have been told that there is a 6 week and a 10 week. What is the primary differnece (besides length) between the two?

Lobster

Buddy you're asking to get carved up on here, use the search function before starting new threads...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Ever think that maybe this is his first web fourm and he didn't know "the rules"?

Picklesuit, I like your style. Helpful, classy, and just enough jesting to get the point across.

mattman215

wel im at ocs now week 8 and we started at 65 in my plt now we are at 45 but i think there are 3 more guys who are gonna get sent home on week 9 boards so i dont no you just gotta bust your ass all day every day and lead

KW83

wel im at ocs now week 8 and we started at 65 in my plt now we are at 45 but i think there are 3 more guys who are gonna get sent home on week 9 boards so i dont no you just gotta bust your ass all day every day and lead

Did you check to see when the last post on this forum was?

Lawman

None
Bring_Out_Your_Dead.jpg

SemperFi88

Marine OCS PFT

Hey Everyone. I just joined this forum in hopes of learning as much as anyone will teach me in regards to everything from USMC OCS to the ASTB. At the moment I am training for the PFT that should be happening sometime following my one on one interview with my Officer Selection Officer. At the moment I'm running 5 days a week (5 miles on 4 of the days and 3 miles on the last one). Lifting 6 days a week. I understand how each of the sections of the PFT is scored, however, I don't know which sections go first or last. (Pull Ups, Sit-Ups, Run or Run, sit ups and then pull ups... etc...? Does anyone know if there is a set order to the PFT? At the moment I can do the 20 pull ups, the 100 crunches in the 2 minutes and run the 3 miles in about 22 minutes. The only problem is that I have to do it in that order. Any recommendations for training, the number of miles I should run, etc... Thanks :)

SemperFi88

Thank you. Any recommendations for running. I want to get down to 18 minutes but I really don't have much experience with this whole distance thing.