• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

Yeah acceptance for pilot's last month was about 70% and arond that maybe slightly higher for january. My advice would be to get your application to the boards sooner than later

caudillc

I just got off the phone with my recruiter. He keeps telling me the PFAR requirements is a 5 (not a 4). Does anyone know how I can point this out to him? Is it posted somewhere official? He said he would look into it today to ensure nothing has changed - but I think it has always been a 4.

i have found this link: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146136 Can someone elaborate on the difference between the two letters?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Probably meant to at least be competitive. If you want pilot, or nfo...you'll get nowhere with a 4 and most often times a 5 for that matter.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Absolutely, you need at least a 5-5-5 to truly be competitive, and he's only saying that to get you to (probably) retake the ASTB and beef up your app...another point to why he mentioned October, to allow time to get more "bling" added to it.

I sent you a PM, curious as to which recruiter said 15-20%...I'm having an issue with even hearing back from my recruiter, and I've been ready to go for the past two months.....

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
If you two are dealing directly with the Dallas NRD. I know that they are bogged down with a bunch of crap. Ie. I have a dual citizenship problem that is getting taken care of by at least 2 or 3 people..along with my help of course. I was talking to an LT at NRD Dallas and while we were going through the formalities of my citizenship issue, he specifically commented on how busy they were.

My OR in Oklahoma City doesn't have a processor right now (which is part of NRD Dallas)...so it's pretty busy at the moment and I was told they have like record applications flooding in. She is doing it all herself over here.

Keep you all's chins up, it will be worth it in the end. I went through month's stretches at a time with no contact. Only now that I'm gearing up for OCS are they actually the one's contacting ME.

batesdl

The fastest way to get your records would to be call up your last base and ask for your PIF. Sometimes they wont release records over the phone, so this will require you to be there in person. Major advantage of doing this: you could have your records in a day or two rather than 2-3 months. Ask them if they could fax it to a local reserve/guard base might reduce your driving time, most MPF people are really helpful.

Yea, that is another story. My old squadran VFA-82 is now commisioned and no numbers known. This has put me in a tight spot because all my planning was for the March Boards and this is the only thing holding me back.

Dan

batesdl

Service Record

Is there anyone on here who has submitted their package to the baords whom has had prior service? Just curious because my OR says I must have my service record for the board, but I have seen other areas on the net which a SR is not required; just a DD214. Could someone please enlighten me? Thanks,.

Dan

NTXRockr

Yeah, well my OR came down with appendicitis right as they were coming back to work from the Christmas break, and while in the hospital contracted pneumonia and was out for 2 or 3 weeks. I know of two people who have been pro-req'd out of the office in the same time that I was working in mine, and it's kinda frustrating to see others who started at or around the same time as you already blow past.

The biggie was that I sent them my medical records before the break, apparently they weren't sent in before they took off, and if I hadn't busted into the office two weeks ago they wouldn't have remembered to forward them on...and I'm still waiting. I have to have this back before proceeding further, so it's all in their hands.......very frustrating that they make me crawl (or sit, rather) when I want to run.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
NTX, i spoke with our recruiter yesterday...I had a similar thing pop up with meps...it took 2-3 weeks for them to pull a file to verify whether I had, or didn't have, a certain signature. I found out last Friday that I didn't have said signature and was blessed with the opportunity of visiting MEPS again, bright and early, Monday morning. I finally got all that cleared up and am finally waiting on my fs. Our recruiter spoke highly of you and considers you to be an excellent candidate for pilot. He's pulling for you. He's definitely had a rough winter. His wife will be having surgery this week. I'm not sure if you know or not, but while he was out with his appendicitis and pneumonia, his wife contracted ecoli/food poisoning from a local restaurant and his first week back she had a small heart attack. And now the surgery...he's eager to get you your selection.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Not so good news in my case. The cut-off for the March boards was Friday; however, there was 1 transcript missing from my application (from Central Texas College that had only 1 class on it that I took when the Navy had a professor come onboard my ship while on deployment in 2002). The transcript made it to CNRC on Friday, but because of the CNRC’s mail distribution system, it didn’t reach the fleet processor until Monday.

So, I contacted my NRD’s OPO and asked for his help in getting me into the March Supply board. Below is the e-mail.

My OPO said:
PS2,

I just talked to NCCS [name omitted] at NRC. He said that it might be hard to get you into the March board. They only wanted to review 100 kits and right now they have 119. NCCS is going to do what he can but I would expect you to be at the April board. The good news is that once the board meets it only takes a couple of days (usually) to get the results back. If you have any other questions please let me know.

R/ OPO.

I’ll have the local processor keep checking O-tools to see if I was slid into the March boards, but at this point I’m just look towards April. I can’t explain how pissed I am right now!!!!

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I just got off the phone with my recruiter. He keeps telling me the PFAR requirements is a 5 (not a 4).

It was my understanding that the min for a marine PLC/OCC/OCS contract was a 4/5/4, and your PFT made a big difference for selection; and that the Navy was min of 5/5/5, where the navy doesn't even look at your PRT during the selection board. I was not sleceted my first time with a 50 6/7/6 and pretty complete overall package, on my pro-rec I bumped up GPA and astb to 65 8/7/7(+ lor's and campus stuff). So just as advice to not waste more time later on, if you have a chance, study...find a friend that knows that kind of stuff well, retake it and get a competitive score, because you dont want to be scraping the min.

rbwill2

uh, renegade, you're just getting your transcripts in now and you're pissed you won't make the next month's board? i had mine in in NOVEMBER. i still won't make march. get in the back of the line.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
uh, renegade, you're just getting your transcripts in now and you're pissed you won't make the next month's board? i had mine in in NOVEMBER. i still won't make march. get in the back of the line.

My package was looked at by every applicable member in my CoC (my CCC, an OR, XO, CO) and no one said that I needed that one transcript. Plus that one class is on my SMART transcript, something active duty applicants must submit. But it is what it is… I’m just glad I’m active duty, you civilians have it rough. November and you still won’t make the March boards? I just started this in mid-Jan and I just barley missed the March boards.
Turtl3 said:
Renegade, take the time between now and the end of March to study for the ASTB. SWO was incredibly competitive last month and will be again this month. I would see if you can retake somewhere near the end of the month and submit a better score.

Thanks… but I’m not retaking the ASTB. I’m told the ASTB for active duty guys is not all that important compared to the rest of our package. I’ve seen active duty guys get selected with a 36 OAR and lesser stats (whole person concept is in effect). My OAR may be low compared to most, but the rest of my package is top-notch. Other then my OAR, there is nothing else in my package that is a potential detriment and I believe the board will see that.

NTXRockr

NTX, i spoke with our recruiter yesterday...I had a similar thing pop up with meps...it took 2-3 weeks for them to pull a file to verify whether I had, or didn't have, a certain signature. I found out last Friday that I didn't have said signature and was blessed with the opportunity of visiting MEPS again, bright and early, Monday morning. I finally got all that cleared up and am finally waiting on my fs. Our recruiter spoke highly of you and considers you to be an excellent candidate for pilot. He's pulling for you. He's definitely had a rough winter. His wife will be having surgery this week. I'm not sure if you know or not, but while he was out with his appendicitis and pneumonia, his wife contracted ecoli/food poisoning from a local restaurant and his first week back she had a small heart attack. And now the surgery...he's eager to get you your selection.

Yeah, I know that he's been through a lot the past couple of months and I totally hope that he and his family gets through this test, but I would think that if anything came up like this (being out of the office for several long lengths of time) he would have someone else in the office take some of the load off of him. Not that I don't want him as my OR, but I don't like not having control over my process and it taking so long to get a couple records submitted and returned.

Hopefully they make it through this and everything can get back to normalcy. My only qualm really has been that I haven't received an email or phone call about any of this (I learned most of it through hearsay from you and others), nor have any of my emails or calls been answered or returned. I had to drop into the office to see what my status was, and the processor didn't know what was going on with my app either (but not that it's his responsibility to - as the OR's don't divulge everything about their applicants to him but use him to work through - but under the circumstances I would think he'd be doing more to help out).

I'm just frustrated not knowing what is going on, and though I feel bad for him and all that he's going through I feel that there should be office procedure setup for situations like this. It's been three months almost to the day since I got everything taken care of, and - minus having to wait a month for a couple things to clear - I had my records and everything in within the week after that (December 12-18). So there's been ample time for everything to be sent in and processed, and even if there were some delays with any of it I'd expect to be informed. Wouldn't you?

OK...mid-week rant over now, lol. I'm frustrated with what I can't change, and even complaining about it won't change it either. SO I'll be ready to go when I finally do get a call back to come in and finish up any loose ends. I just wish I could've got all my stuff taken care of before, as that's three months of pay (and probably a couple more the way it's looking) that I've missed out on and can't get back. Hopefully it'll be this month, but March is going by quick and the April boards will be here soon enough...

Anyways, I guess keep me informed, as I haven't received any information from the office about the situation lol...