• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Yep, it's hard not to drink at the moment, especially with this coming weekend and my 24th bday...we'll try not to ruin all of my hard work up to this point.

I just started doubling my PT sessions yesterday, going from over an hour to almost three hours. Since I've become really frustrated with this the past month or so I've kicked up the intensity and have already noticed the benefits in weight loss, heart rate, blood pressure, and overall conditioning. I no longer have shin splints, my clothes are falling off (even though I've only lost around 8 pounds the fat's turning to muscle again...) and I can actually run hard AND breathe again...so the focusing the frustration on the fitness is paying off. I'd just rather be getting paid to workout more and focus harder on class without the thoughts in the back of my mind of "am I ever going to get in?". But I can only imagine that it'll be more of the same to come with OCS, flight training, fleet, etc. Guess I need to get used to it and always bring my A-game whether it's time to or not...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
It's only natural man. I had to battle pretty serious rumors of the FY'09 pilot/nfo slots being full. I also had to battle the "no chance in hell" talk because of my GPA...and then it just seemed like I had long stretches of no contact and that I was just in limbo.

At one point I was already enrolled and starting my classes for my back up plan, Air Traffic Control.

All the while, I had to keep up my PT and train my brain to act as if I still had a chance and that I would be selected. This was happening as my age kept creeping closer and closer to 27...so it was tough.

Just keep tracking man and it will work out. You have a seriously legit application.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Thanks man, it's good to hear some words of encouragement. I know you went through quite a trial too, so you have some room to talk about rants... I know that it will all work out in the end, but it's gonna be a journey getting there - that means ups and downs, right?

I'm sure you're glad not to be in ATC...great pay, interesting work schedules, but I don't think it's the job with the highest suicide rates for nothing. It's always better to be in the plane than talking to it...

Yeah NTX you'll get it all worked out, just stick in there. And OU it's def better to be talking to ATC then to be there. Though they did recently change their dress code policy so no more mumu's and weird attire, now they have to wear khakis and a tucked in shirt, it's not as an exciting environment as the cockpit.

kat27

Turtl3
Are you talking about waiting to be reviewed for the March board? Do you ask your recruiter if you made the board or do you just wait for results?

i dunno, might have been because my application was there and had issues with my medical, but my OR had gotten confirmation it was getting reviewed

I talked to my recruiter today and he said it is "at the board" and has cleared all the screening checks so it will be reviewed. He did say that the actual confirmed list is not out yet.

Also, I am BDCP so I dont think the 50 apps/month applies to me.

OVrhino

March...

I will also be in front of the March board. Applying SNA. Anyone have any idea how long it takes between the pro-rec and the final select? Getting pretty anxious in VA.