• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Just how intense is Navy OCS nowadays?

xltn

sorry skittle, kinda went off topic. Good luck in OCS, I'm still waiting for my final select. Hopefully, I'll be in your shoe soon enough.

exNavyOffRec

joanandmelissas02e01ski.jpg

this? Joan Rivers without make. :eek:

I have now become impotent

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
No thread-jack intended…but I never understood why the Navy shut down the NTCs in San Diego and Orlando and collapsed on the single-site at Great Lakes…or why AOCS/OCS left P'Cola for Newport. There may have been Congressional district issues involved… :)

Someone once told me that it had something to do with keeping Newport open through BRAC cuts.

Masturbating quietly...

SPEED! VOLUME! INTENSITY! YOU WILL BE LOUD AND VICIOUS AT OCS Y'UNDERSTAND!?

Hey guys, I'm getting in on this late, but I can give you an idea of how those DIs work. I was an infantry Marine for about 6 years from 2004 to 10(reserve time at the end) Everything a DI does, and I mean literally everything is scripted, and for a reason. I have not been to OCS yet, but just to give you an idea. What people keep calling RPT, we called getting quarter decked or pitted. It is no joke at first, and they will smoke you, but you will get used to it. It has been said before, but as long as you don't sit there in the up position making awkward noises while everyone else is pushing they will notice and kind of leave you alone.(relativity speaking of course) Biggest things for PT and the like, is don't quit, don't try to half ass it, and through pain comes compliance. Police your own out there or it can get ugly fast. You would be surprised how far past "there is no way I can do any more" you can go, and it hurts. I have seen 3 DIs push a kid until his body actually shut down and he seized up right there on the floor. They drew a chalk outline around him before they called the doc in.

Now, for all the yelling and screaming. Don't even worry about it, its all to get in your head. Yes, they say some off the wall stuff, and you will be spit on by accident a lot. Just, focus on what they are saying, and do what you are told as fast as you can. The whole reason for it is to create chaos and stress, so you get used to operating through it normally. A lot of times it is hysterical too, but god save you if you start laughing. Those are the worst thrashings. Bottom line here guys, this may have been a bit more intense than OCS (different branch, different SOPs), but if you go to your happy place when the pain starts, stay calm and focus when all around you is being flung across the room, and do not ever quit, you will be fine... Remember, they can't stop time, and sooner or later the same guy that was draggin you through the dirt, will be saluting you. If anyone has any questions feel free to get a hold of me. I am taking my ASTB-E in May, so hopefully that goes well, and I can get a Pilot slot.

Take Care, and Good Luck

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey guys, I'm getting in on this late, but I can give you an idea of how those DIs work. I was an infantry Marine for about 6 years from 2004 to 10(reserve time at the end) Everything a DI does, and I mean literally everything is scripted, and for a reason....
Big attaboy for this post, very helpful gouge. Good luck JtS, on your mission from mud-Marine to Navy Airdale... Semper Fi!:)
BzB

Big attaboy for this post, very helpful gouge. Good luck JtS, on your mission from mud-Marine to Navy Airdale... Semper Fi!:)
BzB
Ooh Rah Sir, Unfortunately I do not think I will be getting to OCS in time to be a pilot. I turn 30 in August, and I found out today that chances are slim I can get cleared in time. Not sure of plan B yet, but I have a solid job now with State Department so Im not in bad shape. Maybe its better for dirty grunts to keep out of the sky. Thank you for your service from one CAR holder to another.

Renegade One

None
...Everything a DI does, and I mean literally everything is scripted, and for a reason. ...What people keep calling RPT, we called getting quarter decked or pitted. It is no joke at first, and they will smoke you, but you will get used to it. …biggest things for PT and the like, is don't quit, don't try to half ass it, and through pain comes compliance. Police your own out there or it can get ugly fast. You would be surprised how far past "there is no way I can do any more" you can go, and it hurts.

Now, for all the yelling and screaming. Don't even worry about it, its all to get in your head. Yes, they say some off the wall stuff, and you will be spit on by accident a lot. Just, focus on what they are saying, and do what you are told as fast as you can. The whole reason for it is to create chaos and stress, so you get used to operating through it normally. A lot of times it is hysterical too, but god save you if you start laughing. Those are the worst thrashings. Bottom line here guys, ...if you go to your happy place when the pain starts, stay calm and focus when all around you is being flung across the room, and do not ever quit, you will be fine... Remember, they can't stop time, and sooner or later the same guy that was draggin you through the dirt, will be saluting you.
Too much "good stuff" here to try and highlight any of it. All sounds very familiar…albeit from decades long ago. :)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ooh Rah Sir, Unfortunately I do not think I will be getting to OCS in time to be a pilot. I turn 30 in August, and I found out today that chances are slim I can get cleared in time.
Were it I, I wouldn't give up on Pilot yet. Go ahead and take (and nail), the ASTB/AOR ASAP, then round out and submit a package. If you go to board and get ProRec-Y, the Recruiters will try to get you a FS/OCS date to allow commissioning prior to aging out (w/ prior enlisted waiver). Isn't it worth a shot?;)
Maybe its better for dirty grunts to keep out of the sky.
Au contraire mon ami, there is a solid record of prior 'dirty grunts', salty squids, and claustrophobic bubbleheads, excelling as USN & USMC airdales!:eek:
Thank you for your service from one CAR holder to another.
I sincerely appreciate that coming from you, and I respect and thank you for your service, as well.:)
BzB

Were it I, I wouldn't give up on Pilot yet. Go ahead and take (and nail), the ASTB/AOR ASAP, then round out and submit a package. If you go to board and get ProRec-Y, the Recruiters will try to get you a FS/OCS date to allow commissioning prior to aging out (w/ prior enlisted waiver). Isn't it worth a shot?;)

Au contraire mon ami, there is a solid record of prior 'dirty grunts', salty squids, and claustrophobic bubbleheads, excelling as USN & USMC airdales!:eek:

I sincerely appreciate that coming from you, and I respect and thank you for your service, as well.:)
BzB
Thanks for that advice sir, I don't plan on throwing the towel in yet. It was 3 deployments of outstanding CAS that really motivated me to do this, i think also allowed me to stay alive long enough to to do it.

For anyone that has more questions about the demons in the campaign covers just send them my way, and I will do what I can.