• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

24/non-prior
Pro Rec'd SWO and SNA at July Board
Received Final Select letter today for November 11 Class

Here is my question. On the letter it says Surface Warfare Office. However, I was under the impression from my recruiter that because I was pro rec'd both designators I could choose which one I wanted. Is this incorrect? I ask because I wanted to choose SNA. Any info would be much appreciated. NavyOffRec?

Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

24/non-prior
Pro Rec'd SWO and SNA at July Board
Received Final Select letter today for November 11 Class

Here is my question. On the letter it says Surface Warfare Office. However, I was under the impression from my recruiter that because I was pro rec'd both designators I could choose which one I wanted. Is this incorrect? I ask because I wanted to choose SNA. Any info would be much appreciated. NavyOffRec?

Thanks!

You get assigned the one that was listed first, so if you put SWO then Pilot you would be given a FS for SWO unless you specifically wrote a letter saying I decided I want Pilot over SWO.

exNavyOffRec

29 / Active Duty Nuke ET2
Pro-Rec'd Swo July Board
PQ'd
--Waiting on FS letter.

From what I understand, I will need to be released from the Nuclear community by Admiral Donald if I am to be a SWO. At this point in the process, can I assume that I have been or will be released?

It is an auto release, any enlisted has to be released but it is just notifying the community you have been selected for OCS.

You get assigned the one that was listed first, so if you put SWO then Pilot you would be given a FS for SWO unless you specifically wrote a letter saying I decided I want Pilot over SWO.

Is it too late to do such a thing? This is all new information to me. I remember we randomly put in my choices when doing the initial application.

exNavyOffRec

Is it too late to do such a thing? This is all new information to me. I remember we randomly put in my choices when doing the initial application.

Probably, but you can try, give your OR a signed letter saying you had thought you put Pilot first and SWO second and wish to be a Pilot, see what the PM will do.

USN1855

I just spoke with the OCS Helpdesk. July board pro-req's have in some ways been jumped by JAG guys to get FS letters and OCS dates. The processor handling FS letters will go back to July boarders next week. Unless you have received a letter already...you are more likely to receive a January or later date. This is just what I was told. Sorry for the possible bad news guys.

exNavyOffRec

I just spoke with the OCS Helpdesk. July board pro-req's have in some ways been jumped by JAG guys to get FS letters and OCS dates. The processor handling FS letters will go back to July boarders next week. Unless you have received a letter already...you are more likely to receive a January or later date. This is just what I was told. Sorry for the possible bad news guys.

That makes sense, guys that go to ODS like JAG count the day they sign, so they are trying to make FY goal.

Lindy

A post-December class date wouldn't be horrible, with the holidays and all. NavyOffRec or anyone else, what's the gouge on holidays at OCS? It's our first Christmas being married.

matthewcla

A post-December class date wouldn't be horrible, with the holidays and all. NavyOffRec or anyone else, what's the gouge on holidays at OCS? It's our first Christmas being married.

Use search function: "OCS Christmas" A lot of people have asked the same question.

pwrsrc

Your OR needs to read the instructions per 1131.2E CH2 chapter 8 section 080413

a. IRR Officer Candidates (non-collegiates) are not required to participate in the Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) Program or any physical training conducted by recruiting personnel. However, should an IRR Officer Candidate (non-collegiate) wish to voluntarily participate, he/she must complete a Hold Harmless Agreement and Release from Liability Certificate (NAVCRUIT 1100/27) prior his/her Initial Fitness Assessment (IFA). The recruiter/OACR will retain these forms in the candidate's folder.
Here is why it is a bad idea to do this, if anything happens to you, twist ankle, knee, stub toe or ANYTHING, that becomes a change in physical status, which means you might not be going to OCS and very well could lose your spot depending on the injury.
I have seen this happen, before the new instruction came out a person in IRR status was doing the PFA, tripped, twisted knee, doc said 6 months before cleared, he lost his spot, all his medical bills were on him.
Another person injured their shoulder a year later, they were a collegiate, doc visits, rehab, OCS date pushed a few times, continued to get paid full medical care, eventually made it to OCS.

Thanks for the information!

I sent an email to my recruiter's office quoting the policy. Hopefully they respond soon. I'm pretty sure I filled out the "Hold Harmless Agreement and Release from Liability Certificate" though when I first started this process a year ago.

Swore in today as a SNA. For anybody else that runs into this problem, it was in fact because I had listed SWO first. I ripped off a letter to my OR and he forwarded it on. A week later I received a second, new FS letter for SNA. Quick and easy. Orders in hand and PTing like crazy!

Hello everyone,
I was jut wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation as mine. I've cleared MEPS back in late August, and the security clearance process was started around the same time. My processor told me that the security clearance just needed to be started, as opposed to completed, within the 90 day window. Both my local processor and the processor for my NRD have said that the only thing remaining for me to do is get my FS letter and to swear in. I've been checking in with them both on a weekly basis just to get updated on any developments, and they both say that they think they are crunching numbers up in Millington to see who needs to go first, and all that stuff.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is still waiting on their FS or if any of this sounds out of the ordinary? Or maybe I just need to shut up and be a little more patient?

I feel stupid for posting that, because 1 hour later I found out that my OCS date is December 2nd. So please ignore my previous post, haha.