• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

sunowl

SNFO
And I was just about to post about how I'm in the exact same boat!

Hopefully I'll get that call right after I post this, too...

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
oops mis-post and some interesting news. I was previously told I was only selected for SWO and then my final select letter came in yesterday and I am a final select pilot with an OCS date of 27Jan13. Anyone else here set for a Jan. OCS date.

oops mis-post and some interesting news. I was previously told I was only selected for SWO and then my final select letter came in yesterday and I am a final select pilot with an OCS date of 27Jan13. Anyone else here set for a Jan. OCS date.
Looks like we'll be seeing each other in OCS. I have the same start date and am FS SNA.

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
Thats good to hear. Are you prior service? I wonder how big the class will be. The website says anywhere between 35 and 100 but imagine its on the higher end.

exNavyOffRec

Thats good to hear. Are you prior service? I wonder how big the class will be. The website says anywhere between 35 and 100 but imagine its on the higher end.

All of my guys that returned that I talked to said their classes were about 50, given the current goals and number of OCS classes it should average about 60

Yeah, I'm a former Marine. Those 4 years paid for my college (Kansas State University), which got me to this point. I actually just signed paperwork and swore in today! I know it sounds odd to look forward to life sucking, but I can't wait to start OCS. I heard that we'll also be one of the first classes to be in the new Nimitz Hall.

mgilbert1

QAO, LTJG
I agree, I am glad I have the prior enlisted time. I know this will be alot different but mentally I think it is a benefit. I swear in tomorrow. Are you planning on driving in to Newport or flying?

No doubt that OCS will have its unique challenges. I am definitely driving. I want my car for the trip to Pensacola, as well as the travel pay.

BDfan88

What if someone uses those shipping companies to ship their car across the country, like from California to OCS. Would the Navy cover that? Its around $1500