• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

USN1855

I spoke to my OR yesterday...He said that my security had been completed. My FS letter is probably just waiting on a signature, and I could get it this week or in a couple weeks...MEPS for me was completed prior to the board, so I was able to have everything back to NRD days after the board results were released. So, it's been a month for me about..abbas I don't have the FS yet. Thinking my hope to be sworn in on 9/11 is too hopefully. But I understand it's a wait for FS.

exNavyOffRec

I apologized if this was addressed again elsewhere, but any update to this info?

They "may" have a Pilot board in Dec/Jan/Feb due to the number of declines from what I found out a few hours ago, it really depends on the final numbers, so if a person is going for pilot submit and if the board is pushed then the application should be good, if it doesn't get pushed too far.

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
Just got my FS letter and I have an OCS date of November 11. I swear in on Friday.

Whoop!

I think I'm the lucky first nonprior to get a FS letter who's posted.

24/male/SNA
Congratulations!

Did you go to MEPS and send your security clearance before the board met?

Crain

OCS Nov 11th Pro-Rec SNA July 2012
I completed MEPS in July and was QP'ed by the time I was pro-rec. I had to redo my security clearance when I was pro-rec'ed but I had one done previously in 2008 so that might have helped speed up the process.

pwrsrc

Just got my FS letter and I have an OCS date of November 11. I swear in on Friday.

Whoop!

I think I'm the lucky first nonprior to get a FS letter who's posted.

24/male/SNA

Same here. . . Just found out this morning. I'll be swearing in on Friday as well. Gotta kick it up a notch to prepare!
Nonprior
23/male/SWO
I did my MEPS and Security Clearance a year ago.

Derm2544

Congrats guys. I heard everything was filled up thru the January class so you guys are pretty lucky. Hopefully that's a sign that the rest of the FS letters will start trickling out.

Crain

OCS Nov 11th Pro-Rec SNA July 2012
Here is my timeline of when everything happened. I feel like my process has been shorter than some of other people on here so don't consider this standard, just trying to give people an estimate.

-Started Application May 21st, 2012 and had everything together in 2 weeks
-Submitted for July Board in early June, 2012
-MEPS in late June, Follow up MEPS exam for PRK waiver the same week . PQ'ed few weeks after.
-Pro-Rec'ed SNA Aug 4th
-FS Letter- Sep 5th, Swear in Sep 7th

-OCS Date- Nov 11, 2012

exNavyOffRec

Congrats guys. I heard everything was filled up thru the January class so you guys are pretty lucky. Hopefully that's a sign that the rest of the FS letters will start trickling out.

One thing to remember is FS letters are routed with the OCS date, so the class may technically be filled but the FS letters may not be finished being routed yet.

USAF_WX2USN

They "may" have a Pilot board in Dec/Jan/Feb due to the number of declines from what I found out a few hours ago, it really depends on the final numbers, so if a person is going for pilot submit and if the board is pushed then the application should be good, if it doesn't get pushed too far.

What about SWO board? I still can't believe people would decline slots after all that..

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I still can't believe people would decline slots after all that..
Agreed, is it mostly people decline because SNA/SNFO is like their backup and they got accepted into their "first choice" program, or is it more because they NPQ'd or something like that?

Derm2544

I got a call from my recruiter and I thought it was going to be about my final select letter. Well... it wasn't good news. He called to say that I somehow failed the depth perception test. I'm kind of in dis-belief at this stage, I've always had better then 20/20 vision and have never had depth perception issues before. He said he's going to check into the possibility of being able to have it retested at a civilian doc, but he's unsure if that's an option.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Is it possible to be retested and get a waiver from a civilian doc? I hate to be negative about meps, but hopefully they’ll give me a shot at being retested at an actual doctor vs disqualifying me based off a 5 min test that was rushed during meps.

USN1855

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that! I have not experienced the DQ with depth perception, but I was DQed because of my back even before going to MEPS. They didnt want to waste their time on me. I submitted med records from my civilian doctor. In my situation, the back problem had been document with my doc for 5 years so I had documentation and a letter from my doctor expressing his opinion that I was fit for military service even with the back condition. All that documentation went back to MEPS, they agreed to see me, and then everything went towards a medical waiver. It was a tough battle...but don't just allow the DQ to happen. Fight it with civilian doc records and whatever it takes. Might have decline the SNA and NFO and go SWO though. Good luck though!

MGoBrew11

pilot
I got a call from my recruiter and I thought it was going to be about my final select letter. Well... it wasn't good news. He called to say that I somehow failed the depth perception test. I'm kind of in dis-belief at this stage, I've always had better then 20/20 vision and have never had depth perception issues before. He said he's going to check into the possibility of being able to have it retested at a civilian doc, but he's unsure if that's an option.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Is it possible to be retested and get a waiver from a civilian doc? I hate to be negative about meps, but hopefully they’ll give me a shot at being retested at an actual doctor vs disqualifying me based off a 5 min test that was rushed during meps.

Yes, it is possible. Read through the April board thread. There were a few guys that had the same issue that ended up getting Final Select letters. Might be worth sending a few of them a PM to ask how they went about it.