• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Little Jorge, INTEL did not meet in January, so you'll probably have to wait until Feb. SWO is definitely decided, so I'm not sure what's up with that.
Ah, ok, I see. Man, this whole process can be so chaotic sometimes with so much conflicting info. No worries, I will hurry up and wait. That which does not kill me can only make me stronger...

Oh, any reason INTEL did not meet? Maybe I will reapply to SWO then since I haven't heard back.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
charity, the way I've understood it is that you receive a date when/after you receive your final selection. I've never heard of us being able to choose a date.

nugget61

pilot
Anyone know if BDCPers can get some leeway with they're date? I want to move mine up from where they want to put me but the ORs out for a while.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
I saw a comment from another BDCP guy...it gave me the impression that you can, depending on your graduation date.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Any way I can just cut out this final select, OCS non-sense and just go ahead and speed things up and get my wings?

swerdna

None
Contributor
kashmir...Yea I mean if you think about it you remember when you first went in and had to wait for all the security clearance crap and all the paper work/waivers if you had any and then you went down to MEPS to do all the final stuff...Well they dont have to do any of that. We are in the systems(even some of my old waivers were still in there). They were like why are these here when I first started my app. Also I mean everything is up to date with us. Plus I had everything in my initial package....So it was all there. I think the results for SWO came out about a week later so I wouldnt see why you would get your in a week or two.... And thanks

that's interesting...I'm prior service and I haven't heard anything yet. Though it might be different because I am a direct ascention pro-rec. I just went to MEPS yesterday and did all of the physical exam stuff again (ie the duck walk). Got the same doctor that I had 10 years ago.

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
I'm going to take my "pre-ocs" PRT today...my recruiter has their pro-recs take a PRT either right after they final select or close to it she says. So maybe our final selects are coming up.

This is probably up to the individual recruiter, but I guess it makes sense, my recruiter said a couple times in her district people would get selected and then let themselves go prior to OCS...so she has them take a PRT. Smart. I guess it's embarrassing to send off a candidate to OCS who is out of shape..makes the recruiting command look bad apparently.

She told me just to get a good low, which I can do better, but she said the point was to just make sure I'm within standards still...so I guess I'll do that and then go to the gym later to complete my work out.

The PRT isn't part of the initial Officer app package? :eek:
Does that mean I can stop doing sit-ups to failure every other day...?...:confused::D ...:confused:

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
The PRT isn't part of the initial Officer app package? :eek:
Does that mean I can stop doing sit-ups to failure every other day...?...:confused::D ...:confused:

I know that I submitted, and the board Pro-Rec'd me, without a recorded official or un-official PRT. I think it is up to the recruiter's discretion to submit or not, but I'm not 100% sure.

And no, you shouldn't stop doing sit-ups and other PT. You'll thank yourself later.

IYAOYAS

Pro Rec SNA & NFO BDCP
hey andrews7, if you think about it you just went to MEPs thus you have to wait for for you physical to now pass the board. I had everything with my package when it went for the pro-rec (MEPS, PRT, current security clearance, etc).

swerdna

None
Contributor
hey andrews7, if you think about it you just went to MEPs thus you have to wait for for you physical to now pass the board. I had everything with my package when it went for the pro-rec (MEPS, PRT, current security clearance, etc).

How long ago did you enlist? Maybe my previous physical (the two-year old one) expired. But that's a good point.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
So, I found out today that I get to go back to MEPS! Apparently my last visit was more than 90 days ago, so I get to go back for an "inspect." On another note, my recruiter seems to believe that they're processing things slightly quicker than in the past and believes that we should have my final select and class date soon. Take that for what it's worth, if it's worth much...

swerdna

None
Contributor
So, I found out today that I get to go back to MEPS! Apparently my last visit was more than 90 days ago, so I get to go back for an "inspect." On another note, my recruiter seems to believe that they're processing things slightly quicker than in the past and believes that we should have my final select and class date soon. Take that for what it's worth, if it's worth much...

I'm thinking maybe Friday, or the end of next week. That's just a guess because the FEB boards are meeting on Monday the 16th. Do the Final Selection boards meet at the same time as the regular boards?