• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

swerdna

None
Contributor
So, I read that as: Those of us who aren't prior service/enlisted should expect a final select in the next few weeks??

No. I don't think anyone knows and supposedly it is variant upon the individual candidate. There was at least one guy on here who already found out. But some people from October are just now getting their notice.

But it would be nice.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
I'm waiting on a freakin' document from meps showing whether I have a signature on a "pre-screen" or not. This is the only thing I have out there and they were supposed to have this document checked out last Thursday. If there's no signature, then I'll get to go in for an inspection because my physical was 90+ days ago...all I wanna do is go to OCS...haha Or just send me back to MEPS, let me get my inspection and then find out if it's necessary or not...and then find that document. I hope my fs comes soon.

Congrats, Weeze!

weeze

Yup, prior enlisted (still active). There is one other guy on here who got his final select a couple weeks ago who was also prior as well. Hopefully, they will start flowing out for everyone else real soon!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yup, prior enlisted (still active). There is one other guy on here who got his final select a couple weeks ago who was also prior as well. Hopefully, they will start flowing out for everyone else real soon!

Did you ask for April or were you randomly assigned April?

I'm non-prior and I'll be 27 in August so my OR said she is actively making sure I get in a March or April class at the latest.

Charity

Final Select SNA
My OR just told me I'm selected for NFO but not pilot because my sitting height is not tall enough. I'm 66 inches tall standing, which is fairly tall for a female. I haven't been officially measured, my OR is the person who measured me. I'm going to have to get measuered in a machine.

weeze

I was assigned April, but my DIVO said that if I wanted it pushed back he could do that. From what I heard, only the enlisted can adjust their OCS date, but I'm not sure thats just word of mouth.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Now I'm pissed. I looked up the sitting height requirements for female SNAs and sitting height has to be at least 33.5 inches. My boss just measured me and I'm over 34 inches but my recruiter put 32 inches. That's over a 2 inch difference, which makes the difference between being qualified and not being qualified. My legs are not significantly longer than my upper body, I'm pretty well proportioned. Now, they're saying I HAVE to get measured in a machine. My OR says I have an OCS date of march 15 as an NFO but I'm not going NFO unless there is absolutely no way that I can be a pilot. I'm also not going to have any b.s. that if I go as an NFO now, I can cross over to pilot later. If it's not one thing, it's something else...I'M TALL ENOUGH!!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^---- Jeez...that's some unlucky BS that you have to put up with. Hope it works out in the end and doesn't delay you too long.

Also, has anybody else had the investigators call you for your security clearance yet? I've heard nothing so far.

Charity

Final Select SNA
^---- Jeez...that's some unlucky BS that you have to put up with. Hope it works out in the end and doesn't delay you too long.

Also, has anybody else had the investigators call you for your security clearance yet? I've heard nothing so far.

Yes, a secret agent called me yesterday and I have to meet with him on Monday. I don't understand how I got an OCS date if my security clearance is not complete, or is it?