• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I've learned there is no logical rhyme or reason the way things happen. We could find out tomorrow..or in April.

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
I'd rather have tomorrow v. April. There's only so much waiting/PTing to get your mind off of final select that one person can do. Mentally exhausting I tell you...:D

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
I concur. On the bright side, at least we are all learning to grasp and appreciate the glorious concept of "hurry up and wait." :)

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
I concur. On the bright side, at least we are all learning to grasp and appreciate the glorious concept of "hurry up and wait." :)

I've been well versed in "hurry up and wait" starting back in 2001.
Doesn't mean I like it.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
At least you guys arent having to do random weigh-ins and random PRTs...apparently 10 dudes in the last couple OCS classes from my district failed the IN-PRT at OCS or came over weight.

So the guys like me who haven't gone yet are getting randomly checked. Dudes were getting pro-rec'd and then letting themselves go. :eek:

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
that's jacked up. I don't see why they'd want to quit pt-ing of itll be beneficial during ocs and the in-prt. I'm definitely glad I'm not serving random prt's. :) I'll live with my meps inspect.

DFSpence

Heard from my OR today. He said that they have lost all of my pre-op and post-op medical records from my PRK procedure, so I get to go back to the doc and get those again. ...And i thought it was going to be a call about final select, how foolish of me!

IYAOYAS

Pro Rec SNA & NFO BDCP
I'm thinking maybe Friday, or the end of next week. That's just a guess because the FEB boards are meeting on Monday the 16th. Do the Final Selection boards meet at the same time as the regular boards?

Hey answer to both your questions. I was enlisted 5 years ago, had my meps in apr 03. But I redid a MEPS in Nov and did my PRT the same day right after

There is no Final Selection Board...It is more of a process then it is a selection board. It is people looking through your package and processing your information, thus while in the final selection process you find out stuff you need to get done(waivers, new vision, PRT,redo MEPS, etc.)then they determine if you satisfy all things. That is why it is a case by case thing. Sometimes people get them a lot faster then others

DFSpence...Word of advice with the Navy/Military with paper work. If you dont want to ever redo it or it is important make copies of EVERYTHING. It was funny i didnt believe it when I was told but after I picked up third and became more adapted, you could notice that everything you took down TO GIVE TO SOMEONE did not always make it into the service records. So I learned quick to make a copy before you gave it too them because I got sick of having to redo and redo things. Nothing like having to get a flight deck physical 3 times in 2 wks, or resign you PG2.

Hurry up and Wait.....gee you know when I got out of the Navy I swore I would not stand in another line because of that lol

RabidMoose

I glanced at the October boards and it looked like a good portion were just now getting their final selects....hopefully that won't be the case for January Pro-recs.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I glanced at the October boards and it looked like a good portion were just now getting their final selects....hopefully that won't be the case for January Pro-recs.

You guys also had to go through a significant delay because in December CNRC was gearing down for the holidays. There was Thanksgiving in there as well.

A change in administration, the New Year....there could have been many reasons for the delay. Once things settled down, you started to see a lot of OCT and NOV final selects.

Some people also need to wait on waivers and some people submitted their MEPS and PRT with their application. So I think YMMV.

weeze

I spoke to a person in Tennessee this week about my package. The person told me that my final select was just about finished and to expect a letter or message traffic (if you are enlisted) in 1-3 weeks. Now I am enlisted, have a security clearance already, and an aviation up chit, so it probably will not be the same time frame for everybody, unless your in the same boat I'm in, but lets hope it's close.

Res784

So, I read that as: Those of us who aren't prior service/enlisted should expect a final select in the next few weeks??